[wiki incomplete] regenerating loot chests information is missing

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by KatydidBuild, Oct 15, 2021.

1. Based on a conversation in chat, I attempted to look up the information on the Empire's regenerating loot chests. The information is not in the wiki, unless you look under the 1.9 updates. This is really really really hard to find.
    Also the information seems incomplete. I recall seeing a paragraph where the regeneration was based on an algorithm of Aikar design and ... a couple of other sentences. But this doesn't seem to be included in either of the 2 sources that I found so far.
    The in-game text on the actual chests in-game is confusing to the new players.
    Clarification assistance requested.
    https://empireminecraft.com/wiki/1-9-update/#self-replenishing-loot-treasure-chests

Self-replenishing Loot/Treasure Chests(top)

Once looted, a treasure chest outside of the Town will refill itself if a different player opens the chest after an extended period of time (in order to prevent farming).

These chests cannot be broken. Additionally, refills may overwrite any existing items in the chest.

I am not sure if this is a 'change from vanilla' or an Empire Feature but it belongs in its own place in the wiki.
    Thanks.
  2. Very good!
  3. I will look into this closer tonight... if I remember correctly, loot chests were changed once again with SU2, but I could be mixing it up with something else (maybe luck). Either way, if this is to be documented, it would be on the Changes from Vanilla Minecraft page. Not going to say definitively right now, don't really have time to, just wanted to say that this is on our radar :)
    607, Fred_TWK and KatydidBuild like this.
  4. I've added a subheading under the Luck attribute and loot tables heading with loot chest information. I couldn't see any reports of any changes between 1.9 and now, including with SU2, so I have no reason to believe that the information given in the 1.9 update post is outdated. If anyone has any contradictory findings, please feel free to let me or another contribution team member know. :)
    KatydidBuild and 607 like this.
  5. KatydidBuild likes this.