[Wiki] Have your say!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by FDNY21, Mar 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. They have different names, different lores. It is very hard to fit all that into one template. They all also have different information, which can be easily sectioned by using different pages for each.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  2. Not possible to do this?
    http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Peony#Peony

EDIT: Reminder to put fireworks in the Custom Items page :)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  3. The pages have to be searchable, and easy to navigate. If somebody searches Empire Firework 2013, but there is only an Empire Firework page (with all of them on) then the result may not come up, or if it does, it would be unclear to them as the title could throw them off a bit. Especially with the 'Independence Day Firework'.

Splitting them into sections makes it easier to:
    -Separate lores
    -Separate which have different effects and which have different effects and colors
    -Search for in the search bar
    -Navigate using the fireworks page
    -Find individual fireworks information rather than a big clump of them altogether that may be hard to read

Custom Items > Fireworks > Separating makes it a lot easier to find the firework you want and split all the information up, as they are all not the same, as stated in the reasons above.

Thank you for the critique, it is very useful for us to justify our actions, and helps us see if it really is the right option. :)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  4. The 4th of July Empire Firework 2013 is an EMC exclusive firework, obtainable on 4th July 2013. Like other Fireworks on EMC, it can be fired unlimited times.

Every time it is fired, it produces a random effect (of a random size and height) with a random color. It was the counterpart of the Independence Day Firework - which was available at the same time, and you could use /promo to get one of the two.

Not trying to say anything here, but wouldn't the highlighted words be "with random colors"
    Equinox_Boss and FDNY21 like this.
  5. I missed that. :p Or maybe, I just did not have enough tea. Anyways, thanks, changed! ;)
    Equinox_Boss and RainbowChin like this.
  6. I call Impossible on that :eek:
    "Not enough tea"? :(
  7. On the mobarena sword, I think it's not very well if it lists the enchantment of the first sword only. A player could get confused, and think that every mobarena sword has those enchantments.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  8. It's... so... tragic :(
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  9. That is why they read the description if they want to find out more about it - it would be very hard to split them up completely, and we actually do not know the enchants for each one, so that would take some gathering.. and even so, I am not sure how we could apply that into the page :confused:
    Equinox_Boss and samsimx like this.
  10. Yes, I managed to get in contact with the owner of the edition #001 who supplied the lore and enchants, the newer editions differing in the colour of the name and sharpness V enchant being the bane of arthropods instead :)
  11. Made a slight edit to incorporate that information: http://empireminecraft.com/wiki/arena-blade/
    Feel free to edit it again if I got something slightly wrong :p I have not had any tea, but I had chocolate milkshake, so should be all clear! ;)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  12. Great! I love the way you're doing this! :)
  13. Waiting for Not Special Dirt to be added, it WAS a promo after all :)
    Equinox_Boss and 607 like this.
  14. *as a joke really
    We cant really claim it as a problem as a promo/special item when anybody can make it in an anvil lol
  15. I think it would be quite funny for a new player to find this. If I do not see this in 5 days, I will be inboxing the entire wiki team pictures of frogs until it is added :)
  16. The wiki isn't meant to have jokes or be funny. It is meant to inform players.
    Equinox_Boss, 607, 72Volt and 2 others like this.
  17. I am just saying that it WAS a promo. It should be added.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  18. It was not promoting anything(voting/holiday) and had no unique characteristics.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  19. Answer This: Could you do /promo dirt?
  20. Answer this. Are any other promos possible to make? I could just go and use an anvil to make some 'Not So Special Dirt', but I could not make any other promo using an anvil to have the exact lore and name.
    This is right - it is primarily to inform players and not to joke around. We do not want new players thinking the dirt is worth something now, do we? That might make them buy some for high prices because they think it is a 'promo'. :eek:

Of course, I see where you are coming from, by all means. But, even as it was claimable by /promo, it still was a joke, and will not be implemented.
    And that would just be spam.

Sorry!
    607, Equinox_Boss and RainbowChin like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.