Why don't people PvP anymore? :(

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Ariesis, Jun 4, 2019.

1. I have noticed over the years i have played that, no one really PvP's anymore. Whether for fun or competition. I don't know if it is because of the nature of the server or what. But when i first started playing emc, PvP was popping. Everyone wanted to play against their friends( as this was the only PvP enabled area on EMC, this was before the games server). So please let me know what happened. And if you wanna share a PvP story yourself, go right ahead :D
    Nickblockmaster, 607 and OriginalScuf like this.
  2. Personally I think PvP died whenever the major pvp players either got banned or left emc. just my 2 cents. :)
  3. We need more Staff vs World events :p
  4. yo, that would be awesome :)
  5. I feel like there was a lot of pvp activity when you joined because at the time pvp was still somewhat of a new thing on EMC and there was a lot of hype surrounding it. These days, there's no real incentive or reason for people to do pvp unless there's a staff event going on, and also the Games server doesn't get used a lot in general so people may not know it's there or even want to go there
    607 and Ariesis like this.
  6. I can tell you what happened to PvP. Mojang changed PvP with the 1.9 update and it's gone downhill since. That's why most of the ones that really were into PvP quit. Even fighting creepers became more difficult.
  7. If someone opposes me, I suggest trial by combat. GOT FTW, empire PVP IS kinda dead though, I check it all the time to see if there are people to murder...... NOPE! Ghost town.
    Ariesis likes this.
  8. I think MC is waning a bit overall, and with the popularity of other FPS games like Fortnite, significantly less people are into MC PVP.
    607 likes this.
  9. The Fortnite bit is super on point, When I was 13 MC was THE game to play, not anymore.
    Ariesis and 607 like this.
  10. Ima be quite honest I really enjoyed pvping idk I probably could’ve been one of the best for the time I played I won the pvp round in gaming_comanders Winter Olympics which I had to go agains pikmin and jewel but yea I really enjoyed it
    Ariesis and Gaming_Comander like this.
  11. While I was not of the positive half with the 1.9 changes, I still wish we had PvP events in the fighting arenas on six. We had some good times there with people from all around. If you see me online, send me an invite for some friendly competition. It’s not the same, but we can hangout. 👊
    Theravenite, Elaeric, Ariesis and 2 others like this.
  12. What we need is something fresh...like....Staff vs The Universe!!!
  13. That makes alot of sense. There is a way to take it out but it is on the Dev side, and they are busy with 1.14 ;-;
  14. Yea man same, I love pvp. I like the challenge of playing other players
    Nickblockmaster likes this.
  15. we all hated 1.9 pvp, so we all stopped pvping, and then left.
    Theravenite, Ariesis and OriginalScuf like this.
  16. Back when I played on factions servers I used a hacked client on them, not empire because its a server that's actually worth caring about but that's besides the point, anyways this was BEFORE they changed the swing mechanic to have a cooldown. That change is what ruined MC pvp, adding the delaying mechanism, and shields too, it is not as fast or as brutal as it used to be. It isn't as much of a money competition as it used to be. Which is what was part of the fun of factions servers. Now EMC is quite different, but not quite so different in the same regard. There are plenty of servers that have ARENA Pvp, those servers are dead. PvP is volatile by nature, lands change hands, people are murdered, bases are destroyed. That is part of it, and Empire does not allow this, which is why Empire PvP is nonexistent anymore. The thrill of the hunt is not gone, it never existed. EMC is great, but it is not where the brutal war mongers you wish to fight play. Except me.
    Ariesis likes this.
  17. This one right here is spot on