Why did you choose your username?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by jossytheninja, Sep 15, 2015.

1. I wanted my Minecraft name to be a reference to Dragon Ball Z, which I watched with my dad from when I was 4 - 7 years old. I chose 'SoulPunisher', an alternate name to the 'Stardust Breaker' move, because it sounded cool to my 10 year old ears. A year later, I grew to hate it and I've waited for name changing for the past 4-5 years. Now that name changing is actually out, I don't want to change it because its grown on me and I also can't think of anything better.

I've been thinking of changing to my Steam name, which makes me sound a bit too full of myself (it's a joke, but most people on Minecraft wont understand and they'll take it seriously). There's also a Fallout-reference username I have, but I don't want it on my main account - it'd look good (to me) on an alt, though.
    ShelLuser and jossytheninja like this.
  2. I made mine because I am a fan of FPS's. I was usually a sniper, so I picked the word "Chameleon" to describe hiding in the bushes while playing. The reason I am missing an "e" (Yes, I am aware that an "e" is missing) is because when I was little, I used to spell it "Chamelon", so I kept the "e" out for sentimental reasons I guess.
    And NYC is for the area in which I grew up.

And that's right! When you put the two together, voila! My name is created.
  3. I was a huge history nerd back in the day, so yeah. Gonna change it soon to something more to my current liking. That current liking is ABBA
  4. I am CadenMann because CadenMan was taken.

5. Sorry, I had to.
    BlinkyBinky and jossytheninja like this.
  6. Kelighum + Iris
    Kelighum is my nickname...
  7. I am MagisterDelirus because I'm currently a Latin nerd (In Latin III). The meaning can be interpreted in a vast variety of ways, my intended meaning is Insane Master. It's lined up as that to keep the initials MD, which were my previous initials with MasterDude13.
    If you'd like to mix-match my name, here's the various definitions of each word =P;
  8. I chose my name from one of our cats, who happens to be called Misty, but I tend to call her MistyLou more often. lol
    Kytula likes this.
  9. PenguinDJ: A combination of an incredibly cute animal with my initials.
    Penguinub: It became a nickname that I changed to as a joke.
    ShelLuser, MistyLou and jossytheninja like this.
  10. A nub is nothing to joke about...
  11. MCTabletKid = i love minecraft, i have a tablet im a kid
    Chicken_kid = i love chickens and im a kid :p
  12. My original username (lehmaqr) was just my public school's username I got. My current name (ReleaseTheHounds) weeeeeell... http://www.wowhead.com/npc=59303/houndmaster-braun

I have fond memories of that World of Warcraft dungeon from before it got revamped. But even after it got revamped, the new version of that boss (the one linked) still has the fun quotes. Usually groups take down the boss fast enough and he says the quote "Release the hounds!" at certain percents of health if I recall right, so if his health drops fast enough, the chat gets spammed by "Release the hounds!" over and over again, accompanied by the glorious audio clip that plays through my head every time I read my own name now. So... I'm a game nerd. And I figured it fit with EMC because, let's face it, netherhounds be jerks.
    Kytula and jossytheninja like this.
  13. My husband actually deserves the credit for mine ^_^

We were creating characters for the beta of "Star Wars: The Old Republic" and I wanted a twi'lek. But I didn't like my typical gamer tag, so I turned to him for help. My 3rd great grandmothers surname was Kytölä. So he "tweeked" :p it to something that was unique. And Kytula the pink twi'lek was born.

I've used it ever since, and will never change <3
    jossytheninja, ShelLuser and iamcavie like this.
  14. I created a fictional cartoon horse with the same name, who was in turn created because I like writing and needed a clever name for said fictional cartoon horse.

Thus.

QuilliamPenn was born.

Huzzah.

QuilliamPenn is pretty much my username for everything now, the only reason I just recently changed my name from Spenser6 was because EMC supported name changes just recently.

I had it as Spenser6 because my name is Spenser and the first gaming account I made was for some counting game when I was 6.

So.

:p
    jossytheninja and Kytula like this.
  15. Since Kyle was taken, I chose MC_Kyle.
    jossytheninja likes this.