Whoa, when did that happen!?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Crazy1080, May 22, 2013.

1. Whoa, when did that happen?
  2. Today :)
    plasma131 likes this.
  3. You're free.
  4. *Good luck in the next life.*
  5. Thanks for believing in me.
  6. So Crazy, are you and SMOOXH getting your diamond supportership paid for you or are you paying it yourself?
  7. I wish you a very good life as a non-moderator! It's too bad you are demoted, because in my eyes you were a good moderator. And one thing: will you be on the forums/ingame? Or leaving?
  8. Not sure if you not liking MC anymore was due to being a moderator and having to "work" while playing, but If it is, this could serve as a lesson for those who want to be a mod because "gaaah it must be fun to be able to kick people and have everyone PM me because my name is green". I'm sure there must be still some fun in being part of the staff, but most of it's got be hard work and that can ruin anyone's game experience if they are not prepared.
  9. Welcome to the dark side of the moon. Soon your Diamond will run out and you will quit visiting all together...
    I am glad you got free of the obligation. It will suck your life away before you realize it. If you don't have the burning passion of yesteryear, you need to find a way out of it...

I edited out the speculative wording. This is exactly true.
    I retired long ago for this very reason. Being Staff was wonderful, at first. Minecraft was fun and time consuming, at first. EMC has remained lovely, as a community, from it's infancy to date. However, love for EMC is trumped by reality.
    I am Active Duty Army for at least 30+- days before I get my Medical Retirement orders. I wont be returning as Staff. I am leaving for Honduras and nothing is going to deter me. I love yall, but life is worse off now...

I got robbed at gunpoint last night. I didn't die but I am changing my lifestyle again. No more outside communication. Occasional internet visits, of course. :)
  10. Since when was that any of your business?
  11. Shhhh, The government might come after us.
    mba2012 and jtc0999 like this.
  12. Just curious :3
  13. I knew you were always alive here.
    mba2012 likes this.
  14. I'd like to point out, as I have many times in the past. Someone who was a moderator but isn't anymore or someone who never becomes one doesn't make them a good or bad person just on that merit. Other servers make it seem like being a moderator is just this fun goof around thing that makes everyone SUPER WANT IT for some reason and that's not the way it should be. Almost nobody is cut out to be a moderator. I'd consider myself probably one of the best candidates for it...like if it were a job to moderate servers I'd probably always get hired based on my ability, and it sometimes even gets overwhelming for me to the point where I have to step back for a bit and take a break.

There are even times where someone was a good candidate for being a moderator that changes over time to the point where they might not be able to serve the community in the best way possible down the road. This is completely normal as well.

Never take the demotion of any staff, for whatever reason, immediately as "they were a bad moderator or person" because, it's 'usually' not the case. :)
  15. 3rd4z1.jpg
    BilboBaggins23 likes this.
  16. For those who dont know, this 'usually' is in reference to GameKribJEREMY. /Trololol
    AlexChance and IcecreamCow like this.
  17. Not entirely true... I know of a couple of other cases - which are not remembered for a reason.
    IcecreamCow and jkjkjk182 like this.
  18. He was a bad one, for sure.
  19. It must be a mystery. :)
    jkjkjk182 and Twitch1 like this.
  20. I see what you did there...