Who were you in the past (games/names)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by mjnoe70, Apr 19, 2017.

1. So I am a long time gamer. My history takes me from my first pc gaming in the early to mid 90s up to today. I have had many names in many games, but its funny how the past can sometimes cause you to bump in to people you know or played other games with.

FPS and RTS games I usually went by Leveler, Dr.No or Loosescrew. These names were used in all the Quakes, Unreal Tournaments, Star Craft and a few other games.

Common names in MMOs I used Kraloth, Toran, Egad and Agnot the most... Yes, that last one is a nod to the character in the 5th Element. These were in Asheron's Call 2 and World of Warcraft (a couple servers)

This is my first name in Minecraft...
    _Devil__, cubefragment, 607 and 4 others like this.
  2. Equinox Boss is the best name for me :D
  3. My first gamer name was GoldMouse, a throwback to the good ol' days of (pencil/paper) table top roleplaying. Then I went into console gaming for a long time (mostly playstation) and my name there was Toade (childhood nickname was Toad, but that was taken on the playstation network so I added an E at the end). Went back to PC gaming when I started playing WoW and wanted a new name so I chose Fyuris, sort of a play on the word Fury.

A friend of mine, Evilrobba gifted me my first account on minecraft some time ago, and then I went back to Toade, but as a fun alternative (and copying my friend) I chose eviltoade (no capital) then when name changes became available I switched to Eviltoade.

I've had a few minor names here and there, but those are the major ones.
  4. EquableHook624 to EquableHook
  5. My orginal name I used in games was Cowan, Con for short. After that I went to Shadow, then Shadow Dcord. My Battle.Net is still Shadow, with my main character in WoW being named Zenk, which came out of adding a K to Zen since it was already taken.

My oldest MMO character from a flash online browser game called AdventureQuestWorlds is named Con890, I'm planning on changing that however. As for the other names of my other main characters in WoW, those would be Darack, Zemban, and Cadorley.

That's about it. I don't change names much.
    ChespinLover77, 607 and mjnoe70 like this.
  6. Not much gaming, but when I got more into Internet (around 1985) I started frequenting IRC and hung around for an easy 10 - 15 years. I was already very much into animations, anime and stuff (just started to discover anime back then though, the very first anime DVD I bought was Ghost in the Shell) and I went for the highly unoriginal nick of Lion-O :p Coming from one of my favorite cartoon series.

Anyway, stuff changed, I also grew a little tired of it over time and eventually went for this nick. I've been using this one since.... I think 2005 or so.
    cubefragment, ChespinLover77 and 607 like this.
  7. My first name ever was in Runescape where I created the name Zortike. No relevance to anything I did, just thought it sounded cool and fantasy-like. After I stopped playing Runescape, I took up the name BlackKnight1021. I then changed to BurgerKnight on every platform once MC name changes rolled around. Nowadays I either stay with BurgerKnight, or go with BurgensisEques, which is actually a pun and an oxymoron. It is similar to BurgerKnight, as you can see, but "eques" is Latin for an armored person on horseback, and "burgensis" is actually a citizen with no military ties.
  8. an embryo
    PetezzaDawg and mjnoe70 like this.
  9. Oh names. Great.

Way back when in about, 2009 or something, I used to go by the xLoNe_Zshotzzx on PlayStation (I was a part of one of those cringy COD clans or something I dunno). And when I used to play other online games I would go by crazy562 (or some variation of). This was games like Club Penguin, Roblox etc.. When I finally decided it was time for a new name that looked a bit less childish but still looked childish because I was about 9 years old at this point I went for Shadowblockz973. After about a year of this name I joined the Minecraft community under the name peoplespool (my original account Minecraft account). After a while of this name my friend gifted me this account called Rundercaster, and here we are today =P.

Although now in other games and such I go by Xertarth.
  10. Past names? Easy. Minecraft is the only mutiplayer game I've ever played. I've had this exact same name ever since I got my account, around 5 years ago. Have no plans either on changing it, and TomvanWijnen2 and TomvanWijnen3 like their names too. ;)
    607, ShelLuser and mjnoe70 like this.
  11. Wow, love that creativity man... Just kidding, I think your name really seems to fit you and the 2nd and 3rd...

I was just thinking for me it was evolution of time and games which caused my names to change. in the good old days when online gaming started you had "1" name, which was more commonly a nick name. EG: for me Dr.No, which was given to me as a play off my last name. In MMOs you had multiple names to get so this made you reach out and be a little more creative (and as noted by some others above) in WoW the name of a toon was originally unique totally then later unique by server but you had to reach sometimes. I've settled in to one based on my name for most things now.
    607 likes this.
  12. Ah, interesting thread!
    I think we might have had something like this before, but it was a while ago, and I'm reading a lot of things I didn't know about before! :)

I've used the name 607 IRL since the age of 6.
    My first online experience was on a forum for the Dutch reality game show Wie is de Mol?. I think I might've been using 607 there, but I can't tell for sure, as the forum is gone, and I don't recall the address, so I can't check whether it's been archived anywhere either.
    Then I went onto a Belgian/Dutch Mario website, on which I claimed the name supermariobrosdeluxe, as that was my first Mario game.
    On Zylom and later Roblox, I got superwissel. The wissel was left over from my days wanting to become a member of the Dutch 3railforum (wissel is the Dutch word for railroad switch), but I think that was taken, so I prefixed super.
    On YouTube, I went with supermariobrosdeluxe again, which I started regretting after a while. Last Summer, though, I managed to successfully change my name to 607.
    Nowadays, I use 607 pretty much everywhere: if it isn't allowed like that I'll add a postfix (I've got 607.insta, 607 Wikipedia, et cetera).
    Except on one forum where I want to remain anonymous, but I'm not going to tell you about my name there, as well... then I wouldn't be so anonymous anymore. ;)
  13. So what forum is that and what is your name again so I can call you out.. ...I mean look you up? :oops:
    NuclearBobomb and 607 like this.
  14. My name really hasn't changed. When I first going into mmo games, it was on Wolfenstein, the free to play MMOFPS. My original name on there was Camisado, but everyone on the server called me Cami, so when it came to Xbox and Camisado was taken, I put the Hx in front ( cuz only the cool kids knew what HxC meant (it was an abbreviation for hardcore when I was a you in, but I think it's kinda faded off)) but then I added the 10 for the year I graduated high school, and now that's pretty much my name for any gaming I do!
    mjnoe70 likes this.
  15. I always named mine "finch" or "finch rocks" all the way back to the sega genesis consoles... I then made finch rocks as my xbox name, and had names from CRAZYxXxMONSTER (lol, not that way... more from the movie xxx here) After that was Perma banned, I then went with Google Support on xbox, and was known as the only member on xbox with a name like that with the (lets say Perks)....

But I tend to stick with finch or finch rocks for more serious stuff....

Small fyi, the DoMxWAFFL3x was named by a friend.... and TheMegaMall account is for my mega mall reses :p
    cubefragment and mjnoe70 like this.
  16. I haven't played many online games, the only major other online game I have played is Smite, which I also used the name bunjimon348. I use that name for most things and serious stuff, but if I want to be a bit more anonymous I use two other names, primarily which are VrangrBorealis (my current Alt) and NebulousArray, which also happens to be the name of a game I'm making

Edit: I guess saying the anonymous names kinda defeats the point, but then again you wont be able to find a trace of them except for here so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    mjnoe70, 607 and Shadow_Dcord like this.
  17. The first username I had was KillerKitsune on a steam account I made to play TF2 with friends a while back (which i dont use much nowadays). When I first got minecraft pe I used nuclearbobomb, then that carried over to here.
    Also if any of you play WoT you might see me as TheDisintigratorMk1.
  18. Most games now days I'll be named ChespinLover77 or Mr.Smiles77(1)
  19. jossytheninja has always been a name I've used for games. My first game name was J0SSYtheN1NJA on xbox xD the 0 is a zero and the 1 is a one. that was the first time I used the name but when I started pc games I went to the easier to type name jossytheninja :p for some games I'll use my D&D character names that I've made up but those I'd like to keep to myself xD
  20. This is pretty easy, first name I used was HecklerTheMage in the original Asheron's Call when Microsoft owend it. Then shortened to Heckler in all other MMOs and FPS I played Dark Age of Camelot, Blade & Soul, Lineage 2, Star Wars Galaxies, Team Fortress, TF 2, Dayz, BF4, and a few others not in those categories WoT, World of Warships, StarCraft, and a whole lot more, to many to name here.

Then I played mine craft for about 6 months when it first came out, then came cubefragment on EMC I think im about 290 old so this is the longest I have play mine craft.

So not much for names, easy to remember. :p
    607 and mjnoe70 like this.