Who walked 60k blocks south of the SMP3 SE Outpost?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Extendingskys, Feb 12, 2019.

?

Will I find anything?

No 2 vote(s) 18.2%
No but in yellow 3 vote(s) 27.3%
Yes 1 vote(s) 9.1%
Nothing of value or a base or anything, but small leftovers 5 vote(s) 45.5%
  1. Hi, Was looking at the map and noticed a very interesting little spike going SIXTY THOUSAND BLOCKS in a straight line south of the smp3 SE outpost. How do y'all think this happened? It's not exactly a straight line so that rules out flying machines and such. They also walked around in a little circle at the end, so they explored, but theres no base there. What drives a man to this type of madness? I'm currently following in their tracks to see what I can find along the way.
    Mochoa_Frap, 607 and Stnywitness like this.
  2. 60k really isnt that much. especially for 3
    Stnywitness and FadedMartian like this.
  3. Isn't much? Jeez, what are people going this far out for?
    Stnywitness likes this.
  4. i mean thats really not that far out...
    Stnywitness likes this.
  5. Some people like to be really far away from spawn to avoid anybody finding or going to their outpost. It's actually very likely that the person who owns the outpost that you are going out to would prefer you didn't go out there ;)

However, as others have said, 60k isn't that far out, comparatively. I have been to and established outposts that are 100k+ blocks away from a frontier outpost. It's not that far of a distance really, especially now that we have Elytra. People who have bases that far away from an outpost typically have their in-town reses on another SMP, that way they just have to switch SMPs to get to their res. It's not a trip that you would make daily, but it's not that big of a deal to make the trip once in a while, when needed.
  6. Well, conveniently for them I died about 15k blocks out when I looked away for a moment and happened upon a rather tall drop :p
    But I get the appeal of being far out, though I've had a base only a couple thousand out for several years and haven't been touched once. I think griefers don't put that much effort in anymore :/
    607 and Stnywitness like this.
  7. It only somewhat has to do with griefers - many of these people basically want to treat their outpost like a Single Player world but with a community chat. They just don't want any visitors at all.
    607, Stnywitness and AncientTower like this.
  8. Pfft that’s a little stroll
    SpicyIcyBoi and Stnywitness like this.
  9. It sure is a lot for me :rolleyes:
  10. Since every mc block is 3 feet long, that means that walk would be 180,000 feet. Lol, just a little stroll...

In other words, that "walk" is more than 34 miles long.
  11. Lmao I was kidding I wouldn’t even use elytra to go that far
    Stnywitness likes this.
  12. Lol same
  13. personally for me i have outposts 25k-50k out and i like people visiting i just dont want it very accessible to public
  14. 100k isn't that far out either. Not too long after I became a minty I was out that far at a base for a report and decided to fly back to 0,0,0 on an elytra.

Why? Pineapples get bored. :)

It took....about 30 minutes. Be ready to burn A LOT of fireworks doing that though.
    ThaKloned, 607 and Eviltoade like this.
  15. Before elytra were a thing, I remember Knightzer0ne went out 1m x 1m - he cray! <3
    607, FadedMartian and MoreMoople like this.
  16. Ahem, well as much as I like the recognition for going a long ways out EvilToade, it is actually just beyond 100k x 100k. It did pre-date Elytra, and I am still not a fan of those, as they undermine my efforts to build a road out there from spawn. Currently working on the 30k x 35k to 35k x 35k section of road. So I am only about 1/3 the way complete :(

The outpost established out there also pre-dates the addition of the diagonal 1mil Empire Spawn points. I do remember the walk took two real life days to get out there, and a somewhat recent test flight with those adhoc inventions took over 4hrs to reach the outpost from spawn. So it can be a time consuming process.

I do, however, prefer the ground approach as you get to take in the scenery better, and you get to interact with the wildlife. Creeps keep you on your toes though :) Also, I am not a fan of having to go through the flames of you know where to reach my destination. I feel the nether also cheats the traveler from the beautiful landscape of the over-world.

So while the distance may not be as far as you stated, my oldschool philosophy and preferred methods may help support your conclusion that I have pressed that button :)

KnightZer0ne
    Tempered Outpost Founder
    jacob5089, 607, FadedMartian and 2 others like this.
  17. Ahhhhh ok, 100k x 100k lol I knew it was something crazy like that hahaha
  18. 34 miles actually sounds like very little... don't cars easily drive more than 34 mph? :p But there are no cars in Minecraft, I guess...
    Stnywitness likes this.
  19. Yeah, I was kind of talking about walking...
    I've biked 17 miles, and it took like 4 hours...so...

I guess it is a ways in real life. Mc? Not really.
    607 likes this.
  20. I walked (yes walked, since it was before flying :p ) out 300k to lay down my outpost :D I figured if someone was willing to go that far to try and grief me, they can have it :p
    Eviltoade likes this.