Who Remembers

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cj12115, Jul 29, 2016.

1. As someone who knows what is going on...
    *jumps for joy*
    CadenMann, 607, Jelle68 and 2 others like this.
  2. I see. :) for the confused, look below.

Fixed my first post as well :p
    CadenMann, Jelle68, UltiPig and 2 others like this.
  3. I remember my first "drop party" I didn't know what one is so I set up dispensers and made people jump on pressure plates. I gave away like 60k in stuff. All that I had earned or made my first month.
    The_Boulder likes this.
  4. I remember when Maxarias unclaimed 16098 for me so a friend could claim that residence and live there. She gave me some fire, but I placed it all. I now own 16098.
    ChrisFlareon, Eviltoade and tuq1 like this.
  5. I love threads like these... I wasn't sure whether to post because quite frankly... Reading all this makes me feel like a newbie (and I love it!) :p

So here is my feeble attempt...

I remember a time where beacons used to radiate across residences. And why I remember? Because I learned of that (my contrib. status might have something to do with this) and immediately acted on it as well:

The access sign is long gone, I left the button to remind me of all this. There used to be an access sign which listed all of my surrounding neighbours. Not only that... I used to sent new neighbours a forum PM which explained this button and how they could use it (usually after I checked out my residence surroundings and spotted someone new).

And not just one residence (the beacons are below the green grass), the 4 others on my other residence ('behind' this one) get controlled with this also :cool: (not those shown in the background, those are from another residence).

When my beacons hindered my neighbours they could fix the annoyance themselves :p

I like that Aikar made beacon buffs residence only, but I honestly miss those days where I'd scan my surroundings to make sure that new players knew about this :)
    Jelle68 likes this.
  6. I remember when Momentus and Marlix spawns were rare and then Aikar changed the spawn rate and the next morning they were everywhere. I spent 3 days doing nothing but hunting them.

Along the same lines. I remember when you could kill a Marlix in 20 mins instead of an hour and 20 mins.

I don't have any good stuff I'm still a noob at a year and a half.
    TuckerAmbr and ShelLuser like this.
  7. Same here buddy! Ha, you made me feel a whole lot better now :)

And yes: I also remember that Momentus invasion! :D good times!
    God_Of_Gods likes this.