Who is the most "likeable" staff member on EMC?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by triphora, Apr 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NOTE: This thread is not meant to bash or praise certain staff, nor to call certain staff “better” or “worse” than another; that is impossible to measure with numbers. This was simply a fun little experiment I did in my free time, and I don’t think anybody should use these statistics for proving anything is true or false about any one person.
    So, you read the title. It seems like a simple enough question. So, I asked in town chat at 3:17pm EMC time:
    Hi everyone! I’m just doing a quick survey to see if this aligns with some data I’ve collected [we’ll get to this later]: If y’all are willing, can you please /tell me your favourite staff member? I’d appreciate it :D
    Now, there are a few variables just in this very message: for one, it was at 3:17pm EMC time, on a Monday. During this survey, there was one staff member online: weeh. Also, about 3 minutes after the survey was taken, AnonReturns logged on. And, of course, there was probably someone in vanish, but of course, you can’t see staff in vanish :p
    I got 6 responses. I’ll keep the respondents’ names private, but of the responses I got, 3 were for AnonReturns, 2 for MoreMoople, and one for crystaldragon13. Now, this isn’t a very representative sample, as it only shows the recent past, and above all, the sample size is very small. So, how about we move to a larger dataset: the forums.
    The https://empireminecraft.com/XenStaff page shows all of the staff members on the forums, as well as their post count and their like count. So, I put that all into a spreadsheet, and made a graph out of it!

Now, according to these figures, the staff member with the most likes is Krysyy, followed by Aikar, The_Boulder, and RainbowChin. However, this doesn’t tell the whole story. Logic dictates that usually, when you post more, you receive more likes. So how about, instead, we see what staff member has the most likes when also compared to their amount of posts?
    So, by using a very roundabout Google Sheets formula ("=ArrayFormula(IF(C2:C="","",(C2:C/B2:B)))"), I divided the number of likes by the number of posts to see what the average number of likes per post per staff member is. Using this method, the most likeable staff member on EMC is MoreMoople, with an average of 5.371872887 likes per post. The runners-up are Krysyy with 4.454973192, AnonReturns with 3.631364562, and Aikar with 3.583252545. You can see the statistics for every staff member here. There are also a few other interesting/funny things I found out during the making of this thread:
    • BurgerKnight is more likeable than Luckygreenbird
    • The two newest staff are the ones with the lowest likes per post, suggesting EMC players become more likeable in general when they become staff
    • The average number of likes per post for any staff member is 2.175973275
    • The most likeable non-Admin SS is Hashhog
    • JNightwind has made about one fiftieth of the number of posts that Krysyy has made.
    • If anybody else finds something else interesting/funny from these statistics, feel free to share them and I’ll add them to this list!
    How do I conclude this? Well, I guess that I could say that likability isn’t really a thing that can be measured accurately in numbers. This is only using one and a half data sources, which is not really accurate or reliable. So I say: do with these statistics what you will, but please don’t try to prove a point using them.
  2. no
  3. i like how the only response to this post is lgb disagreeing :p
  4. I could disagree with this whole operation the OP has going, but I'm gonna sit on it and let it mellow. Perhaps one day, I'll have a fun fact about me up there and then I too can disagree about something.
  5. Eh, I'd like to point out the other flaw that the data set you present doesn't really have anything to do with true likeability. Some staff bid in auctions where each bid counts as a post, but will not necessarily result in any likes because it's not really something people 'like' on the forums. Staff who don't participate in the economy will automatically appear higher in their ratios.

I want to give a shout out to ALL of the staff, regardless of the arbitrary numbers represented. Some work their butts off behind the scenes to handle your support requests, replace missing items due to bugs, investigate/develop events, etc. Others work more 'front line'. We work as a team with different staff focusing on each small part like their own little cog in the system, but together adding up to a complex machine and great team to be a part of.
  6. please define likeable, seems no definition of the word is present anywhere in OP.
  7. I dont necessarily agree with your findings. Mainly for the reasons Krysyy stated about auctions but also certain staff (i.e. Aikar, chickeneer, and Krysyy) post alot of "informational" posts (events, bug fixes, updates, promo announcements)- those posts get liked way more than some other posts.

Anyways.. everytime I read the title of this thread I read it as: "Who is the most "lickable" staff member on EMC?" and I ask myself what the most lickable staff member even means.
  8. True true, but you're forgetting the part where I am better than BK.
  9. Haha, nice one! :D
    Aren't statistics fun? ;) I learnt something, too! I thought Krysyy had the highest like to post ratio of all staff.
    Actually, I do have a hypothesis for why she isn't: I think that the average amount of likes per post over the whole of the Empire has increased over the years, and Moople joined years later. ;) They're both very likeable, though. <3
    wafflecoffee likes this.
  10. Oh God this is the hardest choice of my life. Who is Comedy Gold and who Comedy Bronze? Whoever I choose will forever change the course of humanity...

Also are we forgetting those people who like every post to ever exist? I'm talking about these people right here:

wafflecoffee likes this.
  11. Ok, now, let's not make this thread about me.

That Hashhog brings all the pugs to the yard
    And they're dogs, lickin' on all fours

We've all heard the song.
  12. Kephras still has a higher average amount of likes per post than I do, therefore, I declare tigers the most lickable -- I mean, likeable -- creatures around. ;)

In all seriousness, however, I have found all of my fellow staff members to be very enjoyable people. It is a pleasure to work with them. :)
  13. Luckygreenbird is obviously the most likable staff member and I say that with my own conviction, he is the greatest, ALL HAIL LUCKY!!

*Note: Lucky is definitely not holding me captive and forced me to write this statement
  14. True! But LauraLye (formely kuraudochuu) has the highest like to post ratio that I know of.
    MoreMoople and wafflecoffee like this.
  15. It is very clearly defined in the OP.
  16. I'd like to request this thread be closed at this time :)
    Fadeddd likes this.
  17. Haha I actually found this post very interesting. Mostly for funny facts haha. And what's wrong with commenting on an old post? 😁
    607 and TomvanWijnen like this.
  18. Thread closed at OP's request. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.