Which project should we do next for SMP8 Public Wild Utilities?

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by khixan, Jul 14, 2016.

?

Which of these two projects would everyone like to pursue next?

Poll closed Jul 28, 2016.
The End Dragon Slaying Arena 23 vote(s) 88.5%
Fe(II) Active Kill with AFK Option Re-design 3 vote(s) 11.5%
  1. Finally, I place that is easy to live in...

I would love to help out in the production of the Ender Dragon Slaying Arena. I'll build a little, get most materials, and I know a close, underwater end portal to show you guys on smp8.
    khixan likes this.
  2. Thanks SpartanCat aka CatNapInn!
    I'm psyched how many folks are volunteering for this project. Gonna be a great team :D

So far, I have these people marked down for the End Dragon Slaying Arena. I'll put word out, and this list will likely grow.
    • GeneralWillikers
    • PeculiarPotato
    • ChickenDice
    • Lil_Spartan_Cat
    • ShyGuy
    • ArmaniBerry
    • WitherDoggie
    • BenMA
    • jhtk01
    • BEK11
    • WayneKramer
    • Tuqueque
    RDmaster actually started this project, but I need to reach out to him and find out his availability. He has stuffs going on, and hasn't been about as much as usual. Corruptedsmile will probably show up too at some point.

MrCDub has expressed an interest in this project also, and I need to ask him his availability. He's mentioned Utopia has some aspects that we may want to incorporate, but I don't have specifics.

Our first order of business is going to be end stone. People have donated almost everything else we'll need for this project (and thank you donators - Lee1993, Paul1953, AmusedStew, MrCDub, rdmaster, and anyone else I've forgotten somehow). Some purpur blocks would be nice for decor accents and so would end rods, but there's only 3 materials the dragon cannot destroy - end stone, obsidian, and iron fence. We have a DC of obsidian and an SC of iron fence stacks. We have multiple DCs of wood for chests, signs, beds, etc for the amenities. I have beacons, and RD donated iron blocks towards the pyramid. I've also been trying to gather more iron at Fe(II) which is funny because someone is always using it; I can't use our build haha - price of success.

I'm thinking we should hold a "tear down a waste End island" event for multiple DCs of end stone. I've also pestered Peps at +bulk and he's setup End Stone buy/sell chests, but I'm going to assume those will take awhile to stock. In the meanwhile, let's just go get it. I've got beacons, food, some picks, ender chest, chests, anvils, and beds I can haul out to help us. I can also level up in XP so I can assist people with any gear repair as usual.

I'll get a convo going so we can figure out a good date time to rip down a waste end island. Thanks all!
    BenMA and Lil_Spartan_Cat like this.
  3. I have a DC of pupur blocks you can have once I get on and make a trip back to town, also have some end rods you can have haha. :)

I'll PM you tonight or tomorrow, busy playing COD atm.
    Lil_Spartan_Cat, BenMA and khixan like this.
  4. Wow, thanks Stew <3 You're super generous towards these projects. Much appreciated!
    AmusedStew likes this.
  5. I've got almost a full DC of endstone (missing like 3 stacks) we can take plus I have 1DC of purpur blocks. I can also get end rods and more purpur very quickly so let me know what we need.
    Lil_Spartan_Cat and khixan like this.
  6. So i need uhh 14 alt accounts?
    khixan likes this.
  7. 21 to 3 now dunderscore. I think it's safe to say the End Dragon Slaying Arena is the next project. The Fe(II) contest and improvements will happen after we're done the Arena.

Thanks Doggie! You're far more valuable to me as labor and helping direct the projects in my absence, but I'm not gonna tell you that can't donate too LOL.

End Dragon Slaying Arena convo has been started. If you want to volunteer your time, let me know and I'll add you to the crazy :D Thanks everyone <3
  8. Due to the fact that my play time will be limited for the next week or so, I won't be much help for labor. Currently removing a deck and installing a porch on my house. Person who originally installed the deck was an idiot and has made it very hard to take apart.
    khixan likes this.
  9. Lots of editing on the list of volunteers above for the End Dragon Slaying Arena, thank you all! :D
    Lil_Spartan_Cat likes this.
  10. Progress is being made on the arena. Huge special thanks to MrCDub for the circle and beacon setup! Loads of folks have shown up to help as we've gone along, thank you all <3