When will EMC start following the EULA?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by C0ldZer0, Dec 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Speaking of editing the supporter page, when are we using these?

Rhythmically, ShelLuser and Roslyn like this.
  2. Do they don't. They stopped giving coin multipliers to ranks over a year ago.
  3. How am I whining? I wanted to see the community opinion on the subject no need to be so hostile.
  4. Why exactly are we advertising other servers?
    Why make this thread on your first couple days back after losing reses due to derelict?

I don't think ANY of the perks are an advantage. The economy is simple another way for people to play - Rupees give ZERO advantage. Everything can be 'got' by other means.

I personally think the thread is hostile, but don't mind it's existence.
  5. There is nothing in this game that can't be obtained from some hard work and digital numbers. Supporter perks can be had by buying a voucher. The voucher can be obtained by said digital numbers.
    Nickblockmaster, MrsWishes and Mystul like this.
  6. ^ This ^

So, instead of the 'forum griefing', let us know how we can help you get back into the EMC we love.
    I can offer you all the Wool you'd ever need - I'll even throw in a bunch of shears if you find me in game.
    MrsWishes likes this.
  7. 1. I don't think mentioning other servers is advertising.
    2. I made this becuase I want to see how the community has changed since when I played in 2011/2012.
    3. I respect your opinion
    4. How is it hostile? I just want to see what people think.
  8. Whether or not you think it's game breaking is besides the point lol, the EULA outlines the rules and in court they are followed strictly and not "wellllll they aren't that bad".
    ShelLuser likes this.
  9. I'm just going to jump in here real quick to inform you guys, according the the rules, Mystul was correct. Mentioning of a server can be considered advertising and should be avoided, to my understanding. :)

10. General Other Rules

Intentionally causing public drama is not allowed.
    • Intentionally doing anything that is likely to cause public upset, arguments, riots, or any other negative action, for any reason, is not allowed. Anyone participating in public drama via threads, pictures, videos or any of EMC’s features, including, but not limited to the Forums, statuses and in-game Chat, will face consequences up to and including a permanent ban from in-game and/orForums.
    Intentionally or un-intentionally sharing word about other servers is not allowed.
    • Anyone naming other servers via threads, pictures, videos or any of EMC’s features, including, but not limited to the Forums, statuses and in-game Chat, will face consequences up to and including a permanent ban from in-game and/or Forums.
  10. Idek why that is a rule, anyone playing here is already going to know what they are. Tbh if the staff actually ban people just for mentioning the name(not even ip or games) of a server not sure I want to use these forums lol.
    xHaro_Der likes this.
  11. Nobody's ever been banned for saying a server's name once or twice. The most that happens is your post gets edited to remove the server name. It's usually best to censor other servers as a precaution, though. It doesn't break any rules and people still know what you're talking about.
    Mi***lex
    Badl**n
    Hypi***
    Little things like that. But I agree that rule is silly.
    Dufne, xHaro_Der and C0ldZer0 like this.
  12. So, (and I'm being a smart a) you prefer to bend the rules and mention the servers? Alanis said it best - Isn't it ironic?

Haro - agree law is law. My argument is that nothing is game breaking here.

Full discloser - I haven't read nor care to read the EULA - I click YES (or whatever) like 99.9 % of everyone :)
    ThaKloned and MrsWishes like this.
  13. Even
    M***p***
    B****m
    H***x**

You can give at least two letters and the rest censored and everyone knows what you're saying.
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  14. I don't see the irony in that...

The rule exists so people don't attract other players to other servers (server advertising). If you're trying to have a discussion about a server and censor the name, only a few things can happen:
    • Other players will recognize the server you're trying to mention.
      • That's great! Exactly what was intended. That player clearly knew of the other server, so there's no harm in saying the (censored) name.
    • Players won't recognize the server name.
      • Just as well. Those people who don't recognize the server couldn't have joined in on the discussion anyway, and as they don't know what server you're naming, they can't just search it up.
    It's hard to guess if you don't know the server a player is censoring. If I said "M****cs UHC", me and a few others would know what I'm talking about, but nobody else would. And, it'd be near impossible for anyone to guess it (or look it up. Unless you're looking for United Health Care, Google is wrong).

It probably could be bending the rules a little bit, but censoring server names has never led to anything bad. I've done it quite a few times and I'm still here. Even posting screenshots with names blurred out (the server is clearly recognizable) is fine because it's impossible to guess which server it is if you don't know what server I was talking about in the first place.
    tuqueque likes this.
  15. My point to Ironic was
    EULA=EMC
    Mention Server=This Thread

either we follow the letter of the law or we don't :)

EMC is French Vanilla - not Vanilla...
    Pab10S likes this.
  16. The server hasn't changed much from 2011... I know because I am the 309th member joining in October 11th.

Sure they added more servers while I was gone. I only recall 3 main smps after I left but that isn't the point I am trying to make. As long as I was here, I don't remember any perks changing from supporter ranks. In my opinion they are balanced of what you pay per month.

If it hasn't been a problem for this long then EMC doesn't need to change anything.
    MrsWishes likes this.
  17. More like chocolate and strawberry swirl with hot fudge, whip cream, chocolate sprinkles, rainbow sprinkles, toffee, oreos, and mint chips :)
  18. Even more similar to a venti vanilla bean frappucino with two pumps of mocha, one splash strawberry, one scoop of java chips, one splash and a pump of peach flavoring, stirred, with low-fat whipped cream on top and chocolate shavings with a final topping of caramel drizzle. Also, make the drizzle in a pretty leaf design or something.

As for some actual on topic stuff, I have seen exactly two properly made counter arguments in this thread. I won't give my opinion as I know I would spend hours ranting and ranting.
    Rhythmicaly and ThaKloned like this.
  19. Now I'm hungry. >_>
    Dufne and TromboneSteve like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.