When the Mods are a sleep - The kid's come out to play!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by CallMeTom, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Yea, but I would add on to the "ignore" ~~ Ignore and report :)
  2. Another thing everyone has to realize is that our moderators are volunteers. They have real lives with real things that will take them away from Minecraft. Right now, we have about 6-7 mods that we feel are trustworthy in timezones we have, and there are times when we still don't have mods on. Even places like XBL (I'll use this since it came up already) has PAID moderators...way more than we do, and they can't monitor most things live. In fact, there are plenty of times that I know I've reported someone on XBL that probably went unnoticed.

We're less than a year old but have the experience to know how to do it correctly based on our past experience. This is why we've grown to (dare I say) one of the most sought after servers out there so fast. So, while we will always continue to search out people we feel are right for the job and add new things to help as well, please understand that there is no perfect system out there, but even with the little bit we have going on, I'd say we have the best there is with what is possible.
    MR2R2M likes this.
  3. Forgive me for my ignorance if I'm wrong. But there are no Mods for GMT/BST England?
  4. Yes the point there in the quote you quoted, was time zones with trustworthy people, maybe there are not any people the admins see fit for a moderators role in that timezone. :)
  5. I like that idea Johnny :)
  6. The best course of action that can be taken in instances where the mods are not present to witness an act that breaks any of the rules is to take screen shots of the offense and send a PM to the moderators and to include both Justin and Jeremy into the conversation invite. This way, they will all be aware of the offender and will be able to punish the offender for their crimes as deemed fair and balanced to the offense.

The only thing you are required to do to report an individual under the current system is:
    1. Take applicable amount of screen shots necessary to prove the offense.
    2. Upload it to IMGUR and copy the photo(s) link. (ending in .jpg)
    3. PM the staff on the forums.
    A. Subject Line: [Playername] OFFENSE. (Only edit Playername)
    B. Using the insert/edit image button, post the link ending in .jpg (This will put the photo directly into the message.)
    C. Briefly describe the incident you have captured in your screenshot(s).
    This will make it much easier to identify and file a report.

I personally remain vigilant in the servers, verifying that individuals who openly break the rules are reported and dealt with and attempting to investigate claims that occur while I am in-game.
    Don't complain about the problem, be a part of the solution.
    Dark_Liz and GameKribJEREMY like this.
  7. This is actually going in my signature as a quote from you.

:)

If you mind it being there just message me and I'll remove it!
    Dark_Liz and Twitch1 like this.
  8. I do not mind at all. I am flattered. ;) Thank you very much. :D
  9. It doesn't seem right to me though. I'm going to take out 'just' if you don't mind.
  10. There ya go, I edited my grammar. :)
    CallMeTom likes this.
  11. There were a lot of photos uploaded. You can clearly see him going through my things and dumping lava all over my house trying to kill me. I would lock it all, but its expensive and Im constantly moving things and destroying the signs in the progress. I keep everything I care about in my inventory when Im not there, but when Im just outside my building, I dont expect people to come running through looting my stuff.
    Here's the link to the photos, they're in there backwards I think:
    http://imgur.com/a/BNgOS#29
  12. Thank you for the report RexBulby. The player you have reported has been banned.

In the future, we would appreciate if you could send such reports to a moderator in a private conversation. You may add several moderators to the conversation so as to increase the chance of getting a prompt response.

If you are unsure how to start a private conversation, instructions can be found here.

:)
    Malicaii12 likes this.
  13. I will totally go undercover If i have to ban someone it will say the normal stuff excpt instead of my name it will say "XXXXX"
  14. Necro thread :(
    ISMOOCH and GameKribJEREMY like this.