What's the most amount of rupees you've ever had?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by xHaro_Der, Sep 19, 2015.

1. 420k
    Ultimamaxx likes this.
  2. 60k, yeah I use my ruppes pretty fast consuming promos. :p
  3. 5,389,204 was my highest. Spent a lot of it on vouchers, down to 4,829,137 as of now.
    Ultimamaxx and BanditLM like this.
  4. How do people get so many rupees? Are you supporters? Do you have a large shop and play a lot? The most I've ever had is around 10,000!
  5. Not a supporter... No shop... Just pure tradesmanship +.+ Buy for cheap, sell for more. I do that with everything. Even bows
    MoeMacZap likes this.
  6. Basically this lol. Especially promo's often help a lot.
  7. Around 850k. I'm bad at investing. :oops:
    SirTah, ShelLuser and Gawadrolt like this.
  8. Same
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  9. ^^ I am a supporter though. Only one month though :p
  10. The most I have had was right around 900k I have had tens of millions go through me but I play so much and buy so much that I have never had a stockpile of useless rupees. I trade them for useful stuff ;-) I think the longest I have gone without playing EMC since I started was 3 days, if that. There is literally nothing on emc, as of yet, that I want that costs more than what I have had at any one point in time.

If you want to make a lot of money you need to get familiar with the market. Find good deals and resell. That's not really a steady or reliable source of income though. once you get good at it you can bank a lot of money in a short time but not with frequency.

If you want to make a lot of money all the time without having as many large profits all at once but over time then you need to find a fast way to supply high value items or a WHOLE lot of low value items and build a customer base so that you can turn your resources into rupees without much fuss.

Alternatively you could employ RELIABLE people to do grunt work for you(crafting/collection/building) and take the margin profit of their work. People like to work on emc for rupees and often they will work for way less than you make off of them. I have a hard time with the last one because I like to keep people happy and end up gifting them more than I make off of them anyways lol. The most reliable way is to build a wild base that is self sustaining with a high output of high value items IE: enchanted books/tools or rare raw blocks like gold/sea lanterns.

Disclaimer: my supperter status makes me way less rupees than if I just bought rupees for cash. the supporter status biggest perks after you already have 4 res is really being able to utilize town chat from the wild/waste. There isn't a WHOLE lot of money to be made in the waste(utopia waste access) beyond quartz mining and I make way more than anyone will quartz mining by utilizing what I have built at my wild base.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  11. 131,765k thats the most money iv got and thats from 1 marlix bow my next goal is 300k
    ShelLuser likes this.
  12. I had 666 666 rupees yesterday.. I'm a devil after all :D
  13. Just passed over a million again. I keep spending. Can't help it. I usually hover between 800k and 1.3 mil.
  14. I had a bit over 1 million, but I've since given some to friends and spent a lot of it
  15. My highest was around 9,700,000r, sadly my balance is currently 9,143,461r.
    ShelLuser and BanditLM like this.
  16. So sad that you only have... wait, 9 million?! Gimme
    ShelLuser, Gawadrolt and deathconn like this.
  17. I believe the highest I got was around 870k - 890k but I honestly don't know the exact amount anymore. Right now I'm back to my lowish 130k or such. Which suits me just well to be honest because this is where I roughly was before I won some big contests. So now I actually get to "continue" playing the game :D

First way: /vote for the server. This will boost your chances tremendously especially if you keep on voting every day. Because you'll get free rupees, diamonds and emeralds. Diamonds go for approx. 100r per diamond, and during my last vote I got... Oh well, I don't know. Just look at the bonus overview.

1 diamond every three days and an emerald every 5 days. Which is kind of funny because a diamond is worth much more than an emerald, but hey; same applies to the vault and stable vouchers ;) And a vault voucher can be sold for approx. 10k (sometimes more). So you can also picture this as "10k every 20 days".

So say you're selling off your stuff.. In a week you could get: 2 diamonds, 1 emerald, 100 rupee bonus and the usual bonus you'd get for voting each day, which is approx. 900r so 6300r in total. Added up (I'm assuming 200r for the diamonds and 40r for the emerald): 200 + 40 + 100 + 6300 = 6640rupees in one week only through voting.

And all the items you can get (armor and gear) can also heavily boost your abilities. Edit: I'd use them and not sell them, but still; they do make a lot of rupees as well.

Second way: mine and sell your stuff.

Check out the player shops on your server (/v +shop). Even better: check out the player shops on other servers too (for example: /v +poof or /v +ssrc on smp2 (here's hoping you're not from smp2 ;))). Some will also buy items which is a sure way to earn some extra cash. Only problem is of course: not as much cash as you could make, so...

Third way (harder, but lots of fun): make your own shop (also see the wiki page on this here).

So now you can sell diamonds yourself for 110r instead of selling them to a shop for 90r. Of course there are no guarantees and you'll need to set up a good game plan to get people to actually visit your shop. Just pay attention to what people talk about and do while you're online. Maybe someone is planning on building something? And he normally uses stone? Well, maybe now its time to collect some cobble and a furnace and start cooking :)

Fourth way: get villagers & trade with them.

Villagers in 1.8 (together with some EMC tweaks) are much better than those in 1.7. If you have a villager which buys an x amount of string for an emerald then you could get plenty of emeralds for fighting spiders. And if the trade runs dry? Not to worry: just check some of his other trades. Chances are high that you'll be able to reset the trade by simply buying something off from him using one or 2 emeralds. Which probably will reset your sell trade again.

Granted: emeralds aren't worth as much as diamonds, but one emerald is still worth more than 16 string. Or so I hope / think :)

So yeah, some other tips which might help.

Fifth way, very risky but very profitable: promo's.

You know promo's, right? Claim your free laborday promo by using /promo laborday (at the time of writing). Or at the minimal get your free Empire Assistant using: /promo assist.

Promo's are also (usually) sold at the Empire /shop during their availability. Common price for a promo is roughly 10k. But over time you're bound to find people who might want to have that promo too. Newer players who want to finish their collection, or simply players who'd like that special item, etc, etc.

And because there will be no other way to get it but buying it from players the price will automatically rise as well. A 2015 labor workbench which you can buy for 10k now can (most likely) make you 30k - 40k in a few months time. Your profit would then be 20k - 30k. Of course; after first having invested 10k with the attached risk of not finding a buyer. So there is a chance that you might lose 10k instead. A slim chance, but still a possibility.

Hope this can help too.
    theomglover3rd and 607 like this.
  18. Yeah, I don't have much money for a diamond supporter.
    (Or do I???)
    The most rupees i have ever had is around 60-70k.
    Its sad being as I started "supportership" in december, 2014.
    Now my current balance is 9,726r.
    I am broke.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  19. 1.2 Million
  20. I got 3.4 mil thanks to the supporter voucher business haha