What's The Deal With Mob Teleporting ?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Ghooostie, Oct 9, 2017.

1. So like, when you're fighting monsters, occasionally they'll teleport closer to you if they can't get to you.
    Which while I can see why that's there, to prevent things like punching feet and such, it's also seemingly too sensitive at determining it and is really punishing the player for playing smart.

I have now experienced at least 4-5 times, probably more but they weren't at crucial, where it really shouldn't imo happen.
    It's happened when I was kiting a baby zombie in a cave, on flat terrain. That teleported on top of me.
    It's happened when I was fighting a zombie on a stair case, basically knocking the zombie back down to stay safe.

And quite frankly, the most recent experience and the one that really annoyed me the most, it's happened when I was fighting a creeper. With a bow.
    I was in a cave, just doing my own thing, when I saw a creeper on the level below me. I figured I'd snipe it out before I went down to explore further. About the 2nd or 3rd arrow shot, it teleported the creeper right on top of me, which needless to say caused me to die.

And that's kinda, I'd hope, not even remotely the intended purpose behind this feature. I am being punished for playing smart ? Like, I'm not hiding behind walls hitting enemies over it, no I'm just playing smart like anyone would, and it's punishing me for it.

Is there something I can do to prevent this happening, other than just face tanking every single enemy up close no matter what they are ? Or just not fighting anything or resorting to lava buckets and stuff ?
  2. You are on too high difficulty.
  3. None of the difficulties have any mention of teleporting mobs on top of you. Which one is the lowest it happens at ?
  4. It would be around 8 I think
  5. Alright, cheers. I'll try out 7 then
  6. The teleportation logic enables even on common mobs at 8 to avoid people farming common mobs on high difficulties and obtaining the extra loot potential.