Whats the best way to get promos?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by ElephantsRoar, Oct 2, 2017.

1. So today I thought to my self "Whats the best way to get promos?" So I am now asking you guys.
    Whats the best way to get promos?

Please name different ways and the best at the top.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  2. Get them on release /promo

Or buying them from the many sellers out there ^-^/

(I Always buy from BanditLM)
    ShelLuser likes this.
  3. What server?
  4. I follow a simple set of rules

NEW PROMO!!!!111!!!!ONEONE!!!111!!ELEVEN

/promo

(alt account)

/promo

*buy everyone else's promos*

*keep one*

*sell the rest*

Rinse and repeat
    NuclearBobomb and ChespinLover77 like this.
  5. should be one of his four reses, i forget which one
  6. /promo is the best way with buying them being the next. Promos can be pretty expensive.
  7. It's October, and that means it's also Promofest...check /promo everyday
  8. First what the others already said; the /promo command. The other option, but this has been severely limited (in comparison to "the old days" anyway) is to buy one when it came out.

Sometimes, not always, you can buy extra copies of a promo on /shopworld for as long as the promo is active. Prices usually vary between 10 and 20k (or higher).

That's my tip: start with /promo, then use /shopworld to verify if you can buy extras. Third; alts. Using an (legal!) alt on the Empire is perfectly allowed, and if you play using more accounts you're also entitled to using the /promo command more often (once for every account).

Fair warning though: legal accounts, so basically extra Mojang accounts purchased at Mojang. Anything else will most likely not be tolerated and could even get you banned.

Finally... The time capsule :)

The time capsule is an Empire Minecraft event where everyone on the Empire can get their own capsule (a chest) which is located in a secret room 'somewhere' below the park on SMP2. The area is sealed off and cannot be accessed by anyone.

BUT... Once a year, during the Holiday season, our own Krysyy will make a valiant attempt in breaking the magical seal in order to give the Empire community access to the hidden chamber.

Pardon the small dramatics, but this is one of my favorite events :cool:

Now, the event itself doesn't get you promos. But if you have promos then this can be an awesome way to store them away. You won't be able to access them for a whole year.. Because once the seal closes then no one, not even Krysyy (just go with the story ;)), won't be able to open it. You know, Empire magic and all ;)

The reason you might want to consider this is because promos usually grow in value over time. Not always, but definitely the somewhat limited ones. So what better way then a time capsule to force you and let go of one for a whole year?
  9. I don't get NEW PROMO!!!!111!!!!ONEONE!!!111!!ELEVEN
  10. I cant find it, could you give me a res #?
  11. Literally should be one of his reses, I don't have time to get on just to check but try doing
    /v BanditLM or /v BanditLM-2 , etc
  12. Unfortunately, he closed it to gain promos for a new shop. (which I saw yesterday after you reminded me of the existance of his shop :p)
    ChespinLover77 likes this.
  13. That's because promos are only given out on special occasions, usually American based holidays or events. So during labor day a free 'labor day workbench' was given away. I think (not sure of course) that we can expect something new during upcoming Halloween.

But it is also possible that there won't be merely a /promo but something which will be given away during an event. Last Eastern for example the staff had made a whole "Eastern village" which you had to explore in order to get goodies. Amongst which a promo (Chocolate egg).

Also, I see that I forgot to mention this above, keep in mind that trading with promos can be a risky business. Not every promo will heavily raise in value.

Sometimes EMC can be a little tricky like that.
  14. I hope we have the same Halloween event as last year that was super fun!
    ShelLuser, God_Of_Gods and Eviltoade like this.