What's All New On Smp4: Come And See Here! RJ Is Changing The Dynamic

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by R0bbieJo, May 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FOR ALL WHO ARE IN DISPUTE ABOUT THE MINING COMPANY!!!

Every member of our community that is involved in this project, whether in the wild or in town, are HAPPY! They are ALL making good money. They are ALL loving it!
    Ask every player out there from 13 to their 20s.... they LOVE THIS....

What gives you who are not even there a REASON to want to trash a GOOD THING!
    I will bring this to the staff's attention. The ERROR here is not a Moderator wanting to be SO INVOLVED with her server that she brings her ENTIRE SERVER a new face lift.... They were BORED. They Were Leaving. They were giving up their residences and moving to other servers LOOKING for something to do!

I GAVE THE WHOLE FREAKING SERVER SOMETHING TO DO! So Stay Out Of What You DO Not Know Or Understand. It's called being a pain on this thread... Ask anyone INVOLVED.... They agree!

I love my players! DUH Ask Them...
    chickeneer likes this.
  2. ok what buildings have we takin down please explain to me i really would like to know we are the generals of this "program" and we know for a fact that the buildings on our island are what we built the island was empty so please leave this thread we dont need you
  3. no one has been tearing building down i have told people that yes they can build buildings as they wish however i have asked people to not build into the ground to leave it alone.
  4. From the Moderator Application: We need moderators to remain impartial at all times with situations. One of the requirements of this is not being a part of or running any groups/clans/guilds. If you are in one and are chosen as a moderator, we'd ask that you leave / stop running it.

Running a shop alone is one thing. Involving a group of people to supply it is another. You can call it The Mining Company, but it's a guild and I'm not convinced everyone on smp4 is happy. I would hate to have a shop that is trying to compete with this one which has the power and recognition of a moderator behind it. Even if decisions are made objectively there will be doubts about a moderator who appears to have a conflict of interest.
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  5. Melodytune

to my knowledge you have not been out there nor have you participated at all so you have no grounds to start accusing or making statements with no standing. i along with a few other people set up the mining area to start with and i have not told anyone to take down houses nor have i taken down houses in the first place, all i asked was that they do not dig into the ground its self. before you open your mouth use your brain and ask around this operation has done a lot more for people then you relies. now as to your comment on staking claim to land itself what if you had an area of land you wanted And i came in and took it yes you had a house on it but if i want the land i can build around your house all i like with out touching it. could you get to your house if its floating in mid air and i did not let you build anything to get to it if i owned the land or had a claim to it. i did not think so. your argument is flawed RL the land is owned not the house itself if that was the case i could come to your RL house and dig your yard out down to bedrock if i wanted and you would have no say in it. yes other laws would apply but with out them and i had a valid reson i would be well with in my right to do so. think before you say anything. start participating and you might open your eyes to more then a simple minded thought.
    wrattened likes this.
  6. True
  7. you would be right in this statement however R0bbie is not benefiting in anyway from this operation and i am the one currently heading it. yes she is heavily involved but she as a mod has that capability to make sure we are not scamming people. so far if you need to know those running this operation have taken a sever drop in currency to the point that if we did not have any income we would be bankrupt or broke
  8. How do you explain the fact that she says (I'm not making this up) that she is giving permission to her people to tear down structures built by other players. This is what I have a problem with. This is a blatant abuse of power.

She did not say - "We are going to ask you if we can tear down your house" She said "if you build where I don't like it, It will be destroyed."
  9. I think Pab mostly means that Robbiejo is TO involved with this group, which goes against the moderator rules.
  10. I see you're not getting it because you also are heavily involved.

This from the Mod App:
    "not being a part of or running any groups/clans/guilds"

seems to be in conflict with this from your own post:
    "yes she is heavily involved but she as a mod has that capability"

Again, I will state that if I were running a competing shop, I would not be happy. Also, due to her involvement on this island and it being connected to her store, any decisions she makes regarding it automatically will include doubt regarding her objectivity.
    PandasEatRamen and zebrafishcat like this.
  11. I'm not qualified to decide that. I'm just questioning it.
    PandasEatRamen and zebrafishcat like this.
  12. Ok melodytune the people are workers of the company and we aim to tell them and give them the materials back, We only need room to build it is the HEADQUARTERS!!!! at an army base they have an area for everything they also have a residence area. What im trying to say is we cannot have people just building wherever they please or else the island would be full of houses.
  13. I'm always glad when Pab comes along and explains what I am trying to say in a calm manner and makes me seem, perhaps, a little less crazy.

I tend to get easily worked up about things. I am sorry. I very much want to see things happen in a fair manner for everyone involved. I just do not see that happening while someone with so much power is so closely involved. It is not ok for things to be torn down because they are in your way. Even if you invited those people out there. You should be grateful that they want to help you, came all the way out there to do so. Is it really so bad that they want to feel a little established so far from spawn that they make a home. Do the right thing and build around them. Do not destroy.

You can not compare this to owning property in real life or working for the military. This is not real life. This is a game with its own, completely independent set of rules. Rules that seem to be in danger of being broken.
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  14. I am a resident of smp4... I have shopped at their new store several times already. In the Wild their Mining Area does not effect mine. I am glad to see so much activity on this server. On the shop signs at their store, R0bbieJo is not the name on them. She is simply the face of this project. If I have a problem with it, I could easily just ignore it and carry on without ever bothering the Mining Company.

Any People on this Forum who have never even been on smp4- I don't think it is your problem how things get mined. I only want to hear complaints from people on this server that it is directly affecting.

Thank you and have a great day!
    pietdagamer and bloodra1n like this.
  15. And i wanted to mention this is not a group, guild, or a clan this is simply a Project to get the economy in smp4 running again. It is for the good of the people on the server
    R0bbieJo, pietdagamer and bloodra1n like this.
  16. I have a question. A few friends and I have been building on an island roughly south-east of the Mining Company and the company has been mining in the east direction. Granted there are a lot of island and space between the two, but what can we expect to happen if and when the company makes it way to island we have building on?
    Michael_Nolan and Pab10S like this.
  17. I would just let R0bbieJo know, or another head person in the company. Letting them know where to avoid you will make both yours and their Minecraft experience the best! (Private Message so you are not advertising to griefers)
  18. Putting this thread on hold for now while I figure this whole thing out.
    chickeneer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.