What type of phone does everyone have?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by willies952002, Jun 1, 2019.

1. As the title says, what type of phone internet-enabled smart device does everyone have? I'm looking for a few things, mainly what type of device, as well as the operating system (Apple iOS or Android) and version. There is something I plan to do with the information gathered which does relate to EMC, so the information may very well effect the outcome. :cool:

Here's an example:
    This provides two bits of information that I need:
    ...- Screen size (For the example, 5.1"/130mm at 2560 x 1440)
    ...- API version (For the example, API 26)

I've also setup a semi-automatic system for getting most of what's needed, which can be found at https://domnian.dev/detectDevice (mobile devices only)

Also.. let's see who can guess what I'm planning on doing ;)
  2. Technically I have two phones, one for personal use and one for work at the hospital.
    Personal phone: IPhone XS Max currently have mine on 12.3.1 screen size 6.5 inches
    Work phone: IPhone XR currently have mine on 12.3.1 screen size 6.1 inches
    luckycordel and willies952002 like this.
  3. iPhone 5S running iOS 12.3.1

btw the disclaimer covers the results on my phone (but I know what I have anyway).
  4. Samsung Galaxy S7 running Windows 3.
  5. This combination is effectively impossible :p
    That being said... should I just put it down as being on the latest android version? :confused:
    luckycordel and 607 like this.
  6. Samsung Galaxy Note 9 running Android Pie
  7. Galaxy S8 with Pie
  8. It was a joooooooke

But yeah, probably.
  9. iPhone SE running iOS 11.4.1

I'm too lazy to update to iOS 12. :p
  10. iPhone XS Max 256GB, latest iOS for personal use, for work they have us use the Samsung Galaxy S10 5G we just got last week, I still prefer my iPhone though.
  11. Thanks for letting me know, I've added a way to close the disclaimer :)
    luckycordel likes this.
  12. Aw, I usually love threads about phones and then you suddenly go "no not your phone, just your internet-enabled smart device". :( My smart device is an iPad 4, running the latest version of iOS available for it.
    luckycordel likes this.
  13. iPhone 6s running iOS 12.1.3
    luckycordel likes this.
  14. My phone is my loved OnePlus One running Android 4.4.4 KitKat. :) I do most of my forum browsing on it. :)
    luckycordel likes this.
  15. iPhone 8 - iOS 12.1.4
    luckycordel likes this.
  16. Nikia Lumia 630 - a five year old Windowns phone
    -simpely the cheapest that does the job of running whatsapp and the metronome I use when playing piano.
    luckycordel likes this.
  17. Google Pixel 2XL :p 6" screen running android pie (9.0) ;)
    luckycordel likes this.
  18. Moto g5 its no connection phone, also called its disconnected again and I would not go near another one if you paid me lol

A little exaggeration but I would avoid another, 02 network, Tesco Mobile both my wife an I are on the same contract same phones but mine plays up a lot. Planning no moving to EE / 3 next time
    luckycordel likes this.
  19. All my friends are on Tesco Mobile, never had any issues.
    luckycordel likes this.
  20. OnePlus 5 running Android Pie/Android 9.

My last phone was a Sony Xperia Z5 that I got in the Christmas of 2015. A month later, and the screen was smashed beyond usability. I finally got the screen replaced in September 2016 but, by June 2017, the camera was broken. As in it showed a black screen when opening any camera app. I used a spare iPhone 4 as a camera in the meantime (it actually even had a better camera lmao) until September 2017, when I got the OnePlus 5. My contract will be paid off in two months but I think I'm going to keep this phone until it's impossible to do so. The build quality is fantastic (I've dropped it on the floor and in the toilet multiple times, even one time the rain was causing water damage but it came from back that), the camera is too when you download the Google Camera, and almost 2 years on it's still super fast. Plus it didn't cost an unaffordable £1,000 like new phones and doesn't have a notch and still has an audio jack.
    luckycordel and 607 like this.