what type of gaming computer should i get?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Michael_Nolan, Apr 11, 2012.

1. lol
  2. Even more interesting which I was not aware of:
    "... although the WebTV engineers continued to work for Microsoft, many of them working on Microsoft's Xbox video game system or Microsoft IPTV technology, offering television programming over the internet." - WebTV Wiki (MSN TV)

I taught myself HTML and typing on this thing when I was 12. :D
  3. yeah
  4. so what are the amin things need to run a game like minecraft fast
  5. Going Mac is the best option because of the tech support and the brand integrity
  6. the tech support SUCKS so callded geniuses
  7. Look, their products suck. They are greedy little midgets (no offense!!!!) who work in a really bright, white, lit up store that smells like pinesol and new furniture. Their computers are overpriced. They can get viruses and if broken, they are hard to fix. And did I mention that Nolan has an 800$ budget? Their cheapest computer that is reasonably good is still 1500 bucks! Take your apple fanfare elsewhere, we are talking real computers, not toys.

Now that that is out of my system, apples are ok for other purposes, just not gaming.
  8. Hmm. I usually shop around on newegg for parts and build it myself, but since you aren't as technologically inclined, perhaps a built-to-order PC isn't a bad idea for you. iBuyPower isn't a bad way to go for full customization. It's still more expensive than self-built, but you get the customization and I think if something goes wrong they have some sort of warranty.

I'm needing to build a new computer sometime in the near future. The one I'm running on is about 5 years old now, and cost me approx. $900 when I built it. Specs as follows:

Intel Core2Quad Q6600 2.4GHz
    2GB DDR2 RAM
    1x 250GB Seagate HD, 1x 1TB Western Digital HD
    GIGABYTE motherboard. I can't remember the model #.
    Radeon HD 4870 graphics card
    Raidmax 850W Power Supply

It's still running great. It'd probably do even better with just a RAM upgrade. Still haven't ran into a game I couldn't play on high or near-high settings, including Skyrim and Mass Effect 3. Minecraft honestly give it more trouble than any other games I play on it, but it still runs quite well.
    nmanley likes this.
  9. OMG! I upgraded from my Q6600 years ago. It was pretty advanced for it time though and I can see it still running Minecraft good. ;)

Like you I build all my own towers and have done so for about 15 years. I have not bought any laptops other than Dell in the last 8 or so years and that has worked good for me.

iBuyPower has a long history and with that comes some bad with the good as no business is perfect. Still don't be afraid to use them. AlienWare is just too over priced on their tower stuff so I advise to stay away.

Google is your friend in hunting good deals but you need to know which CPU's Motherboard, Video cards and Ram sizes and speed combos work the best. Canadian NCIX is good too and they have a USA distributer. Lots of good info on thier YouTube site too!!!! https://www.youtube.com/user/NCIXcom
  10. when i write up specs of my mac ill let u know its a beast and ill post pictures i gotta drive home c ya
  11. really in England just travel to MedowHall and if they cant fix it and its less than 2 years old they will give you a new free one :) and all the things you had in the old phone/ipad/PC...
  12. well here in PA u bring it to them and they look at it for an hour and say that cant help u, and they wont even acknowledge u if u dont have insurance
  13. I suggest macbook pro the best for gaming :p
  14. Im afraid i have to disagree Pc for gaming macs for graphics :) just how it is
    Squizzel_Boy likes this.
  15. Lol i was joking however mac can play minecraft really good
    sagem4tt likes this.
  16. Alien ware m11x the best gaming computer ever nay problem is its a tad pricey
  17. Removed as it's not appropriate.
    imBobertRobert and sagem4tt like this.
  18. One time my dad went in there all the guy talkd about was Microsoft sucks at this Microsoft sucks at that even after my dad gave him his Microsoft email
    Michael_Nolan likes this.
  19. Just create your own pc, without a doubt if we're really talking about GAMING pcs
    sagem4tt likes this.
  20. Here are my specs
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2300 CPU @ 2.80GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
    Memory: 8192MB RAM
    Hard Drive: 1 TB
    Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5570
    Monitor: 32" lcd tv alba
    Sound Card: Speakers (C-Media PCI Audio Device)
    Speakers Headphones: Roccat kave 5.1
    Keyboard: Razer lycosa
    Mouse: Cyborg R.A.T.7 Contagion Mouse
    Mouse Surface: Some big thing :D
    Operation System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)