What scares you the most? (Horror related)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Otus_NigRum, Jul 5, 2018.

1. What scares you? I'm not looking for being scared of heights as an answer. (Although I can agree it is very scary!) I'm talking about something horror related, like being chased down by a clown etc...

For me, I am terrified of walking past open doors to dark rooms in any dimly lit corridor. What also scares me is being tortured to death, very slowly though. For the unrealistic side, I would be terrified to be eaten alive by some kind of hideous monster, a monster that stares you down and slowly rips off your face....

What scares you?
    We3_MPO, MoreMoople and SkeleTin007 like this.
  2. Hmm... I will have to think on that one
    Otus_NigRum likes this.
  3. Not jump scares. Those will shock me the first couple times, but then it turns into "Oh god, another one of these again...?" (Think of that freddy game or whatever it's called...)
    Otus_NigRum likes this.
  4. @TheSunVanished.
    never heard of it? I heavily suggest NEVER looking it up.
  5. I looked it up. What's it about?
    FadedMartian likes this.
  6. Horror movies scare the living crap out of me. I tried watching The Conjuring and didn’t even make it through the first 3 minutes xD
  7. The dark. Spiders (especially the thought of being bitten by a Brown Recluse). Snakes (especially the thought of being bitten by a Copperhead). Bears. Having a humid heat wave or unusually bad cold snap. My hair being messed up. My glasses breaking. Being turned down by the guy I currently like. Him going back to college/moving away (as I wouldn't be able to see him often). If I have to face either of the previous two things, not being able to find an equally nice and cute boyfriend rapidly. Failing to move to Phoenix in three years. A water ration being issued for Arizona and Nevada. Great Salt Lake or Lake Mead drying up. The coral reefs dying out, rainforests being wiped out, and/or bees going extinct.

My favorite pet dog dying. The ocean. Flying. Terrorists. Hurricanes. Earthquakes. Floods (my maternal grandmother lives in a large creek's floodplain). Humanity going extinct. My mom or grandmothers dying before I grow up. Necessary road improvements and mass transit additions not being made. Autumn foliage and Winter dormant periods. Spring foliage not coming back early.

EDIT: The first paragraph is the stuff I fear to a level that I can barely even fathom to speak of it, and the second paragraph the stuff I fear not as much but still a lot.
  8. Bees. Any and all bees. If I see one buzzing towards me, I will run faster than anyone or anything you've ever seen move. All came from a terrifying dream and traumatic event
  9. it's funny because my family is full of beekeepers and bees are the most harmless things. They only sting you if YOU THREATEN them. If you're just walking by your fine, but if you start swatting them they will be sure to sting your butt! Don't kill my little buddies ):
    rykly18 likes this.
  10. I get scared when it comes to something off putting staring at me, full on face to face silent eye contact when alone. By off putting I mean any emotion other than anger or sadness being expressed by the one staring.
    Otus_NigRum likes this.
  11. It’s a post-apocalyptic scenario where, well, the sun has vanished. It’s extraordinarily well done, though. Sometimes he does Twitter polls to continue the story, like his most recent one: “Should I search upstairs or downstairs?”. The apocalypse part comes in when the temperature, of course, drops after the sun disappears, and blue lights start appearing in the sky randomly. If you look into them, you become a sort of mindless drone. There was one instance, where the dude came across a notebook. It was full of experiment notes of someone experimenting with the blue lights. The last page of the notebook has him look into the blue light, and he writes in shaky, looping handwriting: “I did it. I looked into the light. I feel empty,”
    Of course none of it is real, but it’s still terrifying stuff, and really well done.
    607 likes this.
  12. I got stung by 4 wasps, and 17 bees at my cousins house when I was walking up the stairs of their outdoor deck leading to their pool, I didn't even know they had a nest under but I found out the hard way, I was even walking away when they stung me
  13. hmm.... what scares me the most. Would have to be anything that stings. Bees, Wasps, Hornets everything in between terrifies the hell out of me! :mad: It's always been like that for me never been stung and I'm not allergic but they just terrify me. Also (any NFL fan would get this reference) My other biggest fear is Drew Brees aka the G.O.A.T. doesn't get a 2nd ring! :eek: (Guess I'll explain that one.

Drew Brees is the Quarterback for the New Orleans Saints and has been playing in NFL since 2001 is about to break the ALL TIME Passing Record for Yardage in a career. He holds the record for the highest completion percentage in the NFL in a single season... the list goes on of all the numbers he's put up. The catch with him is (as a saints fan) He has played for a mediocre team most of his career. So he has won the Super Bowl 1 time back in 2009 (seems so long ago... oh wait it has been :oops:) He up until last year had never played with a "pro-bowl caliber" Wide Receiver (although Marques Coloston should've been another story for another day) Yet he's put up insane numbers... I am biased a bit because of going to college about 45 minutes from where I live and that the Saints are my favorite team because of the home town connection with Brees. This upcoming season if Brees doesn't get a ring I doubt he'll ever get a 2nd ring which would be "sad" because he "deserves" a lot more for what he's done but hey I guess not every needs the fame and fortune *cough cough* brady *cough* (I respect brady as a good player but he is no where near the caliber of Brees)

My rant is over what I was trying to get at is Brees is the G.O.A.T and should have more then 1 ring to show for the career he's had. :rolleyes:
    Otus_NigRum likes this.
  14. I hate closing my eyes when Im washing my hair, I think of the scene in Ju-on >.<, flushing toilets in the dead of night, the aftermath that is my hair since Ive bleached my roots... dont do it unless you love thin nasty hair (its gotten better in the last year thank god for genetics), people who drink milk or chew gum and loud noises (i have audio processing disorder)
    Otus_NigRum likes this.
  15. Going to the kitchen at 2AM to get a glass of water.
    Otus_NigRum and Luneyia like this.
  16. This stuff gets to me.

Otus_NigRum likes this.
  17. How about this. Scarwy.

Otus_NigRum likes this.
  18. You sure they all weren't wasps? That's a lot of bugs stinging you, seems like wasps as they have the ability to sting you repeatedly
    rykly18 likes this.
  19. Imagine opening your eyes to something with hollow eyes literally 1 inch from your face
    Luneyia likes this.
  20. I'm just gonna add to the list here. Since I don't have a bed frame, my matress is on the floor (i'm actually fine with it) and sometimes at night I get paranoid something is going to grab my feet as there is an open space at the foot of my bed and it's always dark there.

I agree here 100%

Ghosts aren't that big of a deal, since they can't harm you, but possessed items, like dolls, spirit boxes, ouija boards and other creepy items I will stay away from. Even if barely any harm can be done to you, the off setting image of a creepy doll looking into your eyes with strange intentions tingles my skin.

Oh yeah, anything basements at night and alone are a no-no. When I usually run up the stairs of paranoia, everytime I swear I can hear footsteps running behind me and I feel something there...
    TuckerAmbr likes this.