What Minecraft do you play (modded or vanilla)?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ShelLuser, Feb 22, 2017.

?

I like my Minecraft...

Poll closed Mar 1, 2017.
Vanilla (I only trust things coming from Mojang!) 1 vote(s) 4.8%
Vanilla+ (A resource pack, maybe Optifine, but that's it!) 11 vote(s) 52.4%
Medium rare to well done (it's delicious!) 3 vote(s) 14.3%
Modded (Let them show Mojang how it should be done!) 5 vote(s) 23.8%
I don't play Minecraft at all (suuure, we'll all believe that one ;)) 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Other (please leave a comment below!) 1 vote(s) 4.8%
  1. Hi gang!

I was talking the other day with a friend about how easy mods can be. And no, I'm referring to those plugins which you can use in your Minecraft game, not our green friends who are always ready to try and help us out whenever we have problems.

The funny thing is that even though I enjoy using mods from time to time I actually prefer to play vanilla+. That is: just Minecraft with the only addition being OptiFine (for more speed) and a resource pack. So far most of the players I sporadically talked to about this are either always using mods or always using vanilla, and last time I met someone who also does a bit of both.

So I figured... what about you EMC community?
    cubefragment likes this.
  2. Modded MC. There is no substitutes.
  3. I use a faithful edit and Optifine for EMC, but I also play on an Agrarian Skies server and have a Thaumcraft/Chisels and Bits singleplayer world.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  4. I have a bit of a list... ;)

Minecraft with:
    1. Forge,
    2. Liteloader,
    3. Optifine
    4. Worldedit,
    5. Worldedit CUI,
    6. Lunatrius core,
    7. Schematica,
    8. The macro mod,
    9. Worlddownloader.

And no texturepack (yes I still call it texturepack. :D). This is how I've (always) been playing Minecraft since somewhere in 1.8, I believe. Lunatrius core and Schematica (luna. core is needed for schematica) was added when we updated to 1.11. I cannot do without any of these mods, and use most of them every time I play. :)

Oh, and that new launcher didn't last a single day for me. 1.5 weeks ago I also started using MultiMC, which I've learned also makes installing mods very easy. :)
    ShelLuser and FadedMartian like this.
  5. I use two versions of MC. The first is with optifine, schematica, and the Soartex Fanver resource pack. The second is a total conversion mod called Terrafirmacraft.
    Roslyn likes this.
  6. You gonna try TerrafirmaCraft 2 whenever its released? (Just like Valve goes on about HL-3)
  7. I personally prefer Vanilla Minecraft, and I got a good laugh out of that "I only trust things from Mojang!" bit - because I do. It took me ages to even trust Forge long enough to try to get into Minecraft mods/modding, and then even longer to try LiteLoader.

Anyway, I'm a bit of a weird one. I definitely prefer vanilla. Nothing can give me satisfaction like playing a singleplayer survival world on Normal difficulty completely through and then building as I wish in it. It feels like I have played the game on my own, without crutches or help, and I have genuinely accomplished something.

That isn't to say mods can't give the same feeling, but I just notice the feeling - for me - is most genuine in that scenario. I have tried various modifications before, including but not limited to Plant Mega Pack, HarvestCraft, MrCrayfish's Furniture Mod, Thaumcraft, More Player Models, and many more. I have also co-created a modification based around adding variety to Minecraft wolves. I prefer modifications that do not alter gameplay enormously. I have tried the aforementioned mods but rarely played them all. I prefer mods that add in variety - PMP and HarvestCraft are good examples. The Wolves mod I co-created is something I craved in vanilla Minecraft, especially since I love mobs in Minecraft so much. I just love variation. These don't necessarily give you a huge advantage but make the world more lively and colorful. I also find I enjoy BoP from time to time, but it lags considerably, server or singleplayer.

All in all, I will play and find mods fun on occasion - but I always seem to go back to regular vanilla. I used to be a dedicated OptiFine user, but lately have found that it actually lags my Minecraft more than it helps, and my vanilla Minecraft gets about as much frames and speed as I'm going to get (60fps cap, normally hangs around 30-40 - I know I need a new computer lol but I love this laptop).
    ShelLuser and AyanamiKun like this.
  8. The most I added was a resource pack, never even touched Optifine. I do modded a bit, though not often.
  9. Funny thing: I'm actually playing at the same .minecraft folder as Tomvanwijnen, (or, I was since he now installed multiMC) in the 1.9.4 Tom dit install all mods and worlds on a .minecraft folder and sent that to me, becuase I was really bad at installing mods those days, at the 1.11.2 update I re-downloaded minecraft (so that the folder was clean), installed all mods and worlds, and sent that to Tom, who now also uses (again, or used, since he downloaded multiMC and I am currently still working with the vannilla louncher) that .minecraft folder.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  10. Ive always used vanilla. My dad doesnt let me download anything due to "viruses"
  11. Optifine and faithfull resource pack is it for me. :)
  12. Probably, if it ever gets released and I have the time.
  13. I don't even bother with the fancy stuff. I play with whatever pops up when I click "Minecraft"
    Jelle68 likes this.
  14. No clue what any of that stuff is or how to download it :confused:
    WolfInAction and Equinox_Boss like this.
  15. Haha, same here.
    Tbird1128 likes this.
  16. I play Minecraft with OptiFine (to make the game look and run better). That's it. :D
    WolfInAction likes this.
  17. Optifine, world downloader, Schematica, resource packs...... Other that that nope.
  18. optifine + resource pack "someone" suggested i use :p
  19. Vanilla + 5zig + Optifine + 64x64 Ragecraft resource pack

I've used shaders before, which can make things absolutely gorgeous, but I don't play like that. I've looked into Forge and alternative launchers, but honestly none of them give me anything I need.I'm a simple guy.

I may make the leap to MultiMC. At the least, I have it downloaded.