What is your favorite type of dog?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by We3_MPO, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Feel free to explain your answers, and even state why.

My favorite is the Jack Russell Terrier. They're playful, midsized, and relatively intelligent. My two little critters are female JRTs, and they're cute and just the best dogs ever!
    PhoenixAffinity and WardleDeBoss like this.
  2. Pure bred dachshunds, because I have one. :p
    BenMA, We3_MPO and WardleDeBoss like this.
  3. I have 2 favourite breeds of doge.
    1. Labradors. They're just cute (Especially the puppies :p) and I've had 2 of them in the past.
    2. Patterdale Terriers. You may not have heard of this breed before, They're small even as adults and easy to manage (Sometimes). Although they're hard to teach (Tricks and to be good in general) I think it's because they're hunting dogs and are quite wild. I also have one currently (See spoiler below).

PhoenixAffinity and We3_MPO like this.
  4. Why did I read the title as "favorite kind of drug"... I need sleep badly.

Anyway, I like miniature dachshunds the best, mainly because I have one. I also like corgis because they just seem like awesome companions.
    Kephras and WardleDeBoss like this.
  5. Havanese! Amazing Lap dogs... XD XD
  6. Japanese Akita. Fluffy, big and cuddly.
  7. Anything that doesn't bark or try to attack me..........Also small enough to kick if they do try to bite......
    We3_MPO likes this.
  8. Hands down it goes to, Puppies!!!
    They're small and cute.
  9. You wouldn't like my dog xD
    Zrugite likes this.
  10. German Shepherds.

Although I've owned a Jack Russel Terrier for the past 10 years and had a Labrador before that. Those are 2nd and 3rd favourites, respectively.
  11. German shepherds. They are so loyal and great guard dogs. They're also adorable lol.
  12. Droggies = Dragon Doggies... Best kept secret in all the Shire.
  13. What, no border collies? Sadness! They're very active high-energy dogs though, and they really need somewhere open to run - much better pets for the country than city or suburban environments.

In general, mutts are the best dogs, because you can have the best aspects of several different breeds.
    Of course, you can also wind up with some of their... less-favorable traits as well.
    (Ours, Bailey, is a mix of border collie, German shep, and we think husky. She's certainly lovable and loyal enough, but she's also a stubborn independent wretch who only listens when she feels like it).
  14. Yes Kephras, border collie. That's what I have had. Most intelligent of all breeds. It's like they can read your mind.
    PhoenixAffinity likes this.
  15. My grandma has a Border Collie mix, and he looks kind of like your dog. They're really smart.
    PhoenixAffinity and TuckerAmbr like this.
  16. Mines thick lmao
    We3_MPO and TuckerAmbr like this.
  17. German Sherpards FTW! Not only are they so cute, but they love to play :D
  18. I have a Saint Bernard Newfoundland mix that loves everyone but can be a bit jumpy, and I also love German Shepherds as well because I want one in the future ;)