What is your favorite Minecraft biome variant of each type? Why?

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by We3_MPO, Feb 22, 2023.

1. I'm going to highlight mine in jungle green. I'm curious what you think too, though!

Badlands:
    • Badlands (regular)
    • Eroded Badlands
    • Wooded Badlands
    Birch Forest:
    • Old Growth Birch Forest
    • Birch Forest (regular)
    Cave:
    • Deep Dark
    • Dripstone Caves
    • Lush Caves
    Dark Forest:
    • Dark Forest
    Desert:
    • Desert
    End:
    • End Barrens
    • End Highlands
    • End Midlands
    • The End (central island)
    Flower:
    • Sunflower Plains
    • Flower Forest
    Forest:
    • Forest
    Jungle:
    • Bamboo Jungle
    • Jungle (regular)
    • Sparse Jungle
    Nether:
    • Basalt Deltas
    • Crimson Forest
    • Nether Wastes
    • Soul Sand Valley
    • Warped Forest
    Ocean:
    • Cold Ocean
    • Deep Cold Ocean
    • Deep Frozen Ocean
    • Deep Lukewarm Ocean
    • Deep Ocean (temperate)
    • Frozen Ocean
    • Lukewarm Ocean
    • Mushroom Fields
    • Ocean (temperate)
    • Warm Ocean
    Peak:
    • Frozen Peaks
    • Jagged Peaks
    • Stony Peaks
    Plains:
    • Plains
    Plateau:
    • Cherry Grove
    • Grove
    • Meadow
    • Savanna Plateau
    • Snowy Slopes
    River:
    • Frozen River
    • River (temperate/warm)
    Savanna:
    • Savanna
    Snowy Plains:
    • Ice Spikes
    • Snowy Plains (regular)
    Swamp:
    • Mangrove Swamp
    • Swamp (temperate)
    Taiga:
    • Old Growth Pine Taiga
    • Old Growth Spruce Taiga
    • Snowy Taiga
    • Taiga (regular)
    Windswept:
    • Windswept Forest
    • Windswept Gravelly Hills
    • Windswept Hills
    • Windswept Savanna
    My reasons for choosing each:
    • Wooded Badlands: I generally prefer the scenery of humid, vegetated areas. Plus, the terracotta and gold still exist underground, and the terracotta colors can even be seen on the lower slopes below the woodlands.
    • Birch Forest (regular): The tall birch trees in the Old Growth variant are a nuisance to cut down and can't be regrown from saplings.
    • Lush Caves: I prefer the scenery of the lush caves, and it's nice seeing an azalea tree aboveground too (especially in humid areas of deserts where there's little else). Also, I still can't avoid the Warden, and the extra copper of Dripstone Caves makes them a pain to mine through.
    • Dark Forest, Desert: They currently have no variants to choose from.
    • The End (central island): I love farming shulkers and purpur, but I can farm purpur anywhere there's end stone once I have chorus flowers. I can use the areas under the end portal to farm small amounts of end stone and the obsidian pillars to farm a lot of obsidian, not to mention that I enjoy me a good boss fight.
    • Flower Forest: They have a wider array of flowers than Sunflower Plains. It's odd that Flower Forest generates in the driest temperate areas, but still, I can easily farm every type of flower except sunflowers, blue orchids and wither roses there.
    • Forest: It currently has no variants to choose from.
    • Jungle (regular): I love the densely vegetated scenery compared to the other two biomes. I also love the Bamboo Jungle scenery for being unique, but it's not quite as dense. Sparse jungles are easy to build on, good places to hunt chickens and just as lush, but they're not as pretty naturally. The normal jungle is even my favorite biome in all, as are jungles as a group - and not just because they feel homely.
    • Warped Forest: It's more peaceful than the other nether biomes; I don't have any hoglins nor ghasts to worry about, only neutral endermen and passive striders. Plus, I prefer densely and lushly vegetated areas, and cyan is much closer to green than red is.
    • Warm Ocean: The coral reefs are beautiful! So are the wide variety of tropical fish. I'm also tempted by any Deep Ocean variant due to the prospect of an elder guardian boss fight or Mushroom Fields due to the unique landscape, but Warm Ocean is my favorite by a slim margin.
    • Stony Peaks: The ores aren't as hard to access when the mountain isn't covered in snow and ice. Stony Peaks also can be either jagged or smooth, bringing an element of surprise. Last but not least, looking down on the beautiful scenery of nearby savannas and/or jungles is the most beautiful view in Minecraft I could ever ask for.
    • Plains: It currently has no variants to choose from.
    • Meadow: I love flowers. Meadows have the same flowers as Flower Forests, minus the tulips that I care little about and can find in Plains too anyways.
    • River (temperate/warm): It's harder to hunt salmon and squid when there's ice in the way. Even if I break the ice to get in, I risk drowning.
    • Savanna: It currently has no variants to choose from.
    • Snowy Plains (regular): The ice spikes look nice, but I prefer regular Snowy Plains overall. The standard Snowy Plains aren't completely devoid of vegetation, and the ice spikes make it harder to build.
    • Mangrove Swamp: It's one of only three truly forested biomes in Minecraft, along with the Dark Forest and regular Jungle. (A forested area IRL has to be at least 60% covered by trees at least 2 meters tall.) Furthermore, it has a similarly lush leaf color and tropical fish to hunt. It's a somewhat hard choice, though; I was disappointed that they didn't allow blue orchids - my longtime favorite Minecraft flower - to generate in Mangrove Swamps along with temperate Swamps (where they still exist exclusively), especially as orchids in real life are more common in the tropics but nonetheless exist nearly everywhere.
    • Old Growth Spruce Taiga: I prefer the Old Growth Taigas of either type because I'm a very much a rainforest person, not to mention that I dislike snow both IRL and in Minecraft and get bored easily of the scenery in regular Taigas. Old Growth Spruce Taiga edges out Old Growth Pine Taiga slightly due to the former's trees having more leaves, though.
    • Windswept Savanna: The terrain there is even more chaotic and unrealistic, and there are no emeralds underground unlike the other Windswept variants, but I still prefer it due to its vegetation. The acacia trees add diversity when it generates in a temperate area or jungle, and it's even nicer if it generates as a sort of oasis in a desert.
    UltiPig likes this.