What is your biggest pet peeve?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Otus_NigRum, Jul 30, 2018.

1. My 4 BIGGEST pet peeve's .... (will tell music and sports are my big thing) :rolleyes:

1) When someone makes up stats for sports trying to sound like they know sports... (Had a customer come to my flea market booth where I mainly sell sports cards and he talked for like 2 hours! He knew enough to get by but wanted to constantly make up stats not to mention he was a Patriots fan....)

2) When people say Tom Brady is the G.O.A.T. (Greatest of all time) and their argument is "He's got 5 rings enough said" :mad:

3) People who enjoy mainly mumble rap and hate Eminem (Not a big fan of rap but will admit Eminem is a lyrical genius)

4) People who like Post Malone.... (Mainly people who believe his voice is the most unique voice ever and he is a great singer)

Edit: On #4 forgot to mention the other day Post Malone did a thing with Aerosmith and people were talking about his voice... as he's singing with Steven Tyler.... like dudes 70 and sounds 100x better
    Otus_NigRum likes this.
  2. Yeah, Post malone can't sing for crap, but he's a pretty big metalhead. Don't know why he's doing rap though, considering he can play guitar and what not, thought he would be in some sort of metal band but he doesn't have enough talent. My friend likes him... But then again he said trippie red's new album was super progressive so I don't know :p

I can agree on the Eminem thing, he is a great rapper and comes up with great lyrics, although his politics turned me straight off from him.
  3. I really only have one that would seriously be a "pet peeve" and not just "any reasonable person dislikes this".

When people bite down on their fork with their teeth. Bothers me for no real reason whatsoever.
    Kephras, MoreMoople and FadedMartian like this.
  4. Posty is my man... u jerk :O :p
    Otus_NigRum likes this.
  5. "What's up Youtube!"
    Every. Damn. Toober.
  6. "The ceiling! (usually, sometimes it's the sky... :p)"
    MoreMoople, Jelle68 and FadedMartian like this.
  7. I watch dozens of YouTubers, and none of them I ever recall saying this. :p (except perhaps Gav from the Slow Mo Guys?...)
  8. Must be the tech tubers like jayz2cents and some of the other trash tech channels like gamermeld. Seriously, so many subs for a clown that just keeps lying about things like GTX1180 (gamermeld that is).

Also random other channels. Way too many of them say it.
  9. I'm glad I only watch within the UK scene (and PewDiePie) where this thing gets the absolute crap ripped out of it. Our YouTubers usually do a 'areet how's it goin hope yas are doin well' and jump straight in. None of this "HOW'S IT GOIN GUYS WHAT'S UP IF YOU'RE NEW HERE SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL SMASH THAT LIKE BUTTON BUY MY MERCH ALSO THIS VIDEO IS SPONSORED BY SQUARESPACE IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU SEE HERE GO CHECK THEM OUT AND LETS GET RIGHT INTO THE VIIIIIIDEEEEEEOOOOOOOOO!!!!" business.

Like, please just give a non-obnoxious greeting, disclose your sponsor, get into the video, and remind people to subscribe and like at the end, and you can plug your merch in the ending slide alongside your 'here's my previous video' and stuff.
  10. My biggest pet peeves:

1. Not doing something you say you are going to do.

2. Not being a descent human being (Meaning when youre being mean just for the sake of being mean)

3. When someone doesn't flush the toilet

4. Being thrown into a group of people just because you refuse to pick a side so you stay neutral but somehow both sides hate you and your thrown to that one side or the other.

5. People who are mean to kids......(Like Im a mom and you will get mom karate kicked in the face)

6. Disrespectfulness

7. Keyboard warriors.

I think that about covers it <3
    Otus_NigRum and MoreMoople like this.
  11. Pets peeing inside.
  12. I think this thread is gradually starting to get toxic so im just gonna....
    unwatch
    ESSELEM and 607 like this.
  13. how...
    AltPunisher likes this.
  14. Oh yes, also when people call ACDC, Led Zeppelin and Jimi Hendrix metal.
  15. Some previous posts were pretty volatile cause they seemed so inviting of debates. This thread has gone from tiny harmless pet peeves to petty complaints that tend to disrespect entire cultures
    A pet peeve is something small that bothers you, like when people chew with their mouth open. It is not being bothered by people believing in things you don't believe because waaaahhh the sciieeenncceee!! that's just rude.
    Everyone is just indirectly calling each other out in this thread now. I'm guilty of that, too. It's probably going to get ugly if we continue so I'm just going to bounce out before any of that happens.
    Kephras and 607 like this.
  16. Yes, I noticed that too. This thread is becoming a pet peeve. :p I'm not going to unwatch it, but I'm not replying to things that this description applies to.
  17. the only thing closely remote to that is the arguing over the British vs American language thing, which didn't even bark into a huge debate
    AltPunisher likes this.
  18. then you haven't been paying close enough attention my guy
    607 and TomvanWijnen like this.
  19. Or maybe I don't perceive most thing as toxic as others would
  20. my point being: you haven't been paying close enough attention.