What is the "Empires" update vs "Outpost" updates?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by KatydidBuild, Jun 3, 2022.

1. What is the "Empires" update vs "Outpost" updates? As I previously understood it, there was a plan for claimed outposts to become more than they have been. Has been in the works for years, but now, the recent comments in a few forum posts make me think I don't understand the direction this was going. I have spoken to other players who are also confused as to which Empire is which? And what exactly is being updated if not the formally claimed outposts?

Can't help but wonder if this is one of those times when 2 server words have been used for different things:
    *** You spawn at a wild outpost.
    *** Go back to the spawn with the white stairs to tp home.
    **" You can make an outpost in the wild with friends.
    *** You can go to the wild or the waste, but the live map says "waste wilderness" or "frontier wilderness", so where is this wild that I should go to?
    *** You can ask on the forums to have a formally claimed outpost that will one day gain additional benefits and become known as an "Empire" (once the update to 1.13 nope 1.14. nope, when 1.15 is stable, the devs can work on it -- this is just history/context, not complaining here)

This last one is what was going on when I joined back then in 1.12. There was even the big staff involved outpost of True Haven being set up in anticipation of this update.
    We3_MPO, 607, Fred_TWK and 1 other person like this.
  2. As far as I understand it, Empires is more like a permanent group/clan sort of thing similar to what they have on factions servers. I don't remember too many of the specifics but I do remember shared rupee pools being a part of it.
    607 and VoidDistortion like this.
  3. Here you are, from Aikars post..
    *]Empires: If you've played any MMORPG's, just think of the word "Guild". A permanent group system that persists across all Empire servers.
    • Show off your Empire Tag in game
    • Empire specific bank/currency collection
    • Role / Permission based system within the Empire (Officers etc)
    • Empire Specific Chat
    • Intent to have pages specific on the website for everyone's Empire giving the owner control on what is on the page, as well as letting leaders of the Empire post to it too.
    • Achievements for Empires to do things together
    • Ability to set Residence flags by Empire (So give everyone in your Empire access)
    [*]Outposts - Empire Land Claiming: Ability for an Empire to claim land in the wild
    • Use a combination of Challenge Tokens and Rupees to claim the land
    • Owned by an Empire, not a single player
    • Ability to teleport to/from town to your Empire's land
    • Ability to expand the size of claimed land
    [*]

... some of the items may be changed depending on what changes have occurred already in MC or emc I would imagine.
  4. True Haven is so 2017. (I think, lol) 2018? Either way it’s so last season..

Let’s start a new one!! New True Haven .
    KatydidBuild and Raaynn like this.
  5. Do you have a link to where that came from?
    Raaynn likes this.
  6. We3_MPO, 607, Raaynn and 1 other person like this.
  7. Hearing the same things still.
    Empire is the Group of players and the Outpost is the Place the Empire lives/governs in the Wild.

Same question sticks in my brain: How do you update Empires but not the Outposts, because the perms alone would have to go to the place and the perm setters would be the Empire.

Same thing -- so why the differential comments about which update is being worked on. Is it still following this plan or has it changed?

(I will go find links where Chicken mentioned it for needed reference when I get to the computer)
    VoidDistortion and PetezzaDawg like this.
  8. I agree with you Katy but maybe itll just be a two part transition to work out all the kinks. I’m just happy if we get anything.
    We3_MPO likes this.
  9. The "Empire" part is the foundation and then once that's working the "Outpost" update comes. That's how I see it.
    We3_MPO and 607 like this.