What I think should be done with EMC.

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Mrlegitislegit, May 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The main complaint is on time. However time is what we simply have little of. EMC is what I do in the sideline of my day job. I have to balance EMC between my personal life.

Like today, I could be swimming with Max, but I'm working on EMC. I should be out excercising, but i'm not.

Justin also has an even more time demanding personal life than me, but hes pushing to get to the point he can put in some time like me too.

These "side projects" as you call them come as the demand arises.

Wastelands was forced upon us by 1.5. Nether Quartz is a "big deal", that such a common item was not easy to acquire.
    If new players join, theyd see no quartz and be confused... That hurts us in retaining members.

MC updates in general force us to do things first. 1.6? thats going to delay DT big time.

People want fun things, so we try to slip small things in between to keep people entertained until the big goal is done.

I have a "Vision" for EMC, and that is what its going to be built towards, and that requires doing things in a certain order. Once the beef is done, then players will have a lot more to do and not get bored while big features are being developed.
    technologygeek and cddm95ace like this.
  2. Its an example, I never said it was horrible, in the sense that it is, I said it is horrible, in the sense if it was horrible, and we did that, it would stay horrible.
    technologygeek and RainbowChin like this.
  3. Well, since things aren't horrible, I'd say we're doing good, lol.
    technologygeek likes this.
  4. waitwut
    technologygeek and IcecreamCow like this.
  5. I'm done explaining that...
    technologygeek and RainbowChin like this.

6. HAte to break it to you, but the staff aren't defensive, we just try to explain. Maybe you should get over the fact that while we are trying to make ETC the funniest place we can, it's not catered to you as an individual. If something does not make.you happy, we are sorry for that, we do our best to explain ourselves. Yes the Dragon tombs have been a long wait. I know it will pay off in the end though. In fact, I remember a while ago when a lot of focus was on the tombs and their lack of progress, the public demanded smaller side things be done to fill the void. We can not please everyone all of the time. It is impossible. But to play here is your choice, not a requirement, we do our best to please as many as possible, but I have heard far more praise for the completion of the wastelands than banter of those that feel the time spent on them was essentially wasted.
  7. EMC is not horrible. Quite frankly, I'm getting sick of threads like this. A major update that people have been waiting for was literally released yesterday, and we're already complaining about stuff? Seriously? Icecreamcow and Aikar, and all the other staff, work extremely hard to make this place this awesome, but they have lives outside of EMC, just like all of us, and things take time, but certainly less time than most other major servers. Even if there are several hundred players who think things are "horrible here" and the staff isn't listening to them and just ignoring the complaints, there are thousands more who would disagree, and are perfectly content with this server just the way it is, even if another update never gets released. Also, you can't expect IcC to not voice his opinion on these points, which is obviously going to be a defense, thats how a discussion works.
  8. Good, I'll be busy picking up the pieces of what was my mind.
  9. ONCE AGAIN, I didn't say it was horrible in the sense that it really is.

As for getting sick of threads like this, your pretty much saying you're getting sick of other peoples opinions.
  10. We don't mind opinions in the least bit and I don't think that's what he meant. I think he meant that he doesn't want to see complaints for the sake of complaining. All the things you've posted have already been posted and answered many times over, in topics I'm sure you were a part of. There's no need to re-hash these things that are being worked on and already answered except for the fact of bringing up drama for the sake of drama.
  11. Not exactly. I personally value others opinions with a high degree, but these sort are not my favorite flavor of threads.

You make list that lays out your dislikes, a staff member replies with reasons why these things are there, the staff member is then accused for not listening, becoming defensive or 'getting sick of other peoples opinions'. If you brought something new, like a 'Hey, you guys are doing this, but as me, a single player, this EXACT THING would make me happy any feedback if this is a possibility?' Guess what? We love things like that. Whether it seems like it or not, the staff talk about EVERYTHING like that. Whether it is one person who says it and gains no roll with the masses, or someone who says something and the whole Empire is behind them, someone brings it up, and we disucss it. Most of the time before we even reply.

I will always turn to my fellow staff members and play that role, I am very happy to do it. I have personally asked Aikar many times why 'specific thing a' or 'specific thing b' was not being worked on, taken out, or how it could be added. Whether I like the idea personally or not, because if one player has taken the time to put an idea together, and pitch that idea formally to us, I believe it deserves the opportunity to be heard. But a thread that says 'Here is a list of things you are doing wrong: 1. 2. 3. 4. btw, these are all things that have been brought up by two other players earlier today/this week/month' that does not help.
    technologygeek and cddm95ace like this.
  12. Exactly what I meant, took the words out of my mouth :)
    technologygeek and IcecreamCow like this.
  13. Hey, i have an idea. BORROW AIKAR'S SHOES.
    Aikar has:
    1. A wife
    2. a life
    3. a job
    4. lots of other responsibilities (ruining economies :D)
    5. a wife
    6. a life
    7. a job
    8. wait, i repeated 1, 2, and three. huh, why would i do that?
    9. so, so many responsibilities here.
    if you honestly have such a big problem with aikar, box with him.
  14. No PVP on EMC plox. :p
  15. I never said he didn't have other stuff to do.
  16. Okay. This is just going nowhere at this point other than repeating things already stated. The main thread was answered a few times, so we can consider this thread completed.
    uglydragon and ISMOOCH like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.