What Happened to Resetting the Wastelands?

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by ForeverMaster, Oct 8, 2017.

?

Should the next Wastelands reset be prior to this December?

Poll closed Jan 8, 2018.
Yes. 6 vote(s) 46.2%
No. 7 vote(s) 53.8%
  1. Hey EMC and staff.

I recently noticed that the Empire MC SMP servers have had their current Wastelands for more than 3 months now. The latest reset was on June 22, for 1.12. Are there any plans to do a reset this month of October or before the end of 2017?

I am asking for this for a few reasons. While yes, Mojang is working on 1.13, it is a very technical update; there will be very little new Survival features. Dinnerbone tweeted last week that 1.14 is already in the works, which will be more of a content update. I would suggest waiting on properly updating EMC until 1.14, but provide support for 1.13 clients to connect in the meantime. Also, I find that much of the End Wastelands' cities have been explored and raided, and woodland mansions in the Overworld were looted a long while ago.
    WardleDeBoss and ShelLuser like this.
  2. They are reset when they are reset.
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  3. To my knowledge the wastes only reset on updates, so you will have to wait unfortunately. It may be hard to loot mansions and end cities but you'll just have to explore further.

I agree it should happen sooner but I doubt it will happen. There should be some kind of schedule for resetting (for example, every 3 months) as the wastes do get looted pretty fast.
  4. I'm a little in-between to be honest, but still voted no because I actually enjoy the challenge that is the wastelands right now. In order to get some good loot you need to go much further out and that apparently stops plenty of players from trying, so they'll (probably) resort to buying stuff which is good for the economy :)

So for me it's good as it is right now.

Of course... That doesn't mean I'd oppose a reset (who in their right mind would?). New goodies and new lands to explore is always a good thing obviously. Still... I wouldn't mind waiting for December, it would make the reset all the more special.
  5. https://empireminecraft.com/threads/wastelands-reset-and-tentative-schedule-announced-2015.49135/
    This was already a thing.
    PenguinDJ and ShelLuser like this.
  6. We decided this round to hold off a bit (also something changed that we want to test thoroughly before using) else we might cause another 5 spawns on top of each other ordeal. Schematics are wonky and don't work the same.

There are still plenty of resources available with little effort in the present wastelands.