What happend to new promos?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by TheFryedmans, Sep 30, 2019.

1. I know promos are ment to be rare but when was the last time one got released

No labour day promo
    No minecon promo (to my knowledge may jusy be late)

Any updates? Am i just missing them?

Please explain thank you!
    Joy_the_Miner likes this.
  2. Personally there should be less of them. Most of them are no longer holding any meaning other than mass hoarding to later sell for more money. That's not what they should be about. The prices on some of these items are FAR more then they should be. But that's a whole other issue.

I too was hoping for another armour piece for Minecon but I will manage without one :p
  3. Minecon kinda snuck up on us all and wasn't well advertised...

As for other new promos, Holiday season is just around the corner. Prepare your rupees for annihilation.
  4. I look forward to the new promos this year~
    607 likes this.
  5. Isn't it likely that more promos being released would actually lower the average promo marketprice?
    TuckerAmbr and Joy_the_Miner like this.
  6. Yeah ! Where are the new Promos... I Want a pet Dolphin named Flipper and 4 Turtles named after Renaissance Masters.. Like, aaaaaaaaaah !! I like animal mob egg promos.
    FadedMartian, 607 and SpicyIcyBoi like this.
  7. If each release was the same, yes. But the value of one wouldn't affect the value of a completely different one. There is isn't really an average promos price. Each one has their own independantly since they are different and do different things.
  8. Honestly right now we have too many promos lol (wont make sense if you dont read the rest)

We have less players than we did in say 2015, promos that everyone got in 2015 are now so common for sale because we have more of the item than we do people who wish to collect them. sure some have been lost over time but there is still many.

another thing is, as time goes on more and more of EMC's old players are moving on which includes collectors, its also getting harder and harder for new players to get involved with collecting on EMC, its extremely disheartening for them when they see these insane prices as well as veteran players with big collections and not knowing how on earth to compete with them, off the top of my head right now i cant think of a major collector who joined after 2016... which is not a very good record which i honestly am not sure how to fix
  9. Very good points. To be honest, I won't be surprised if EMC is "too far gone" that we don't get many more promos in the future.
  10. The issue of promo hoarding is why I’m all for making promos actually usable. Stuff like the Labor Day benches where you can get real lasting value. I also had made the proposal to have promos have a temporary “active” lifespan before converting into an artifact promo. For example. A super fast pickaxe, and when you use it up, it turns into the same item but with no mining speed and unbreakable so it’s a permanent unusable item, purely collectible. However, even if you don’t use it up, after 30 days it still turns into the collectible item anyway. This way people can actually have fun using their promos and not worry about ruining future value.
  11. These last few posts are quite good, I'm curious what the future of promos will be~

:3
    607 likes this.
  12. Huh, that sounds like a good idea!
    Do you have a link to the thread? I might've read it already, but I'd like to read it. If you don't, I'll try to find it myself... it's not so easy without the ability to list someone's threads. :/
  13. yay more promos to burn
    Joy_the_Miner likes this.
  14. Lol to that post^

All in seriousness, unless if they have a specific functionality, I do not see much value in them anymore, especially since the market on EMC is almost non-existent. (If I'm not mistaken?)
    JohnKid and FadedMartian like this.
  15. Honestly, no more promos (well, not a lot) sounds like a good thing to me. The whole reason people play Minecraft is to build something cool and share it with others, especially in multiplayer. It should be more like "hey, check out my new house!" instead of "hey, check out my promo collection!" (and there is just an empty residence).

The community should be stronger than the economy, or both should be equal. My guess is that EMC will become more popular again once it's up-to-date. Mojang has been pushing so many updates and I don't even know what the current version is... 1.15?

I think the development team is doing a great job, even though the last update was a while ago. It should be well-known that the developers are also human beings with other responsibilities, so maybe they have been busy. The wait will be worth it! :)
    Hashhog, khixan, MoreMoople and 4 others like this.
  16. You might think of it not as a player that has been on here for years but as a new player. When I was new the first promo was the pot of gold. I thought that was the coolest thing. I could get free gold ingots. In retrospect, not a big deal. But when I was new, very cool. If it weren't for the promos when I was new I might have moved on. Promos are one thing on this server that make it interesting.
  17. Totally agree with this, promos are also great for new players to make a quick buck and start to engage in the economy
  18. I like giving promos away.. #SayNoToMoney
    khixan and Joy_the_Miner like this.
  19. And yet this year there was no 2019 pot of gold, no labor bench, and several others.

Been on here exactly 1 year and I feel left out because promos aren't being released. Waiting patiently to see if there are Halloween haunted heads, but getting worried as there are 6 days left until All Hallow's Eve.
  20. Possibly because new promotion items require coding and the devs have enough to do with updating. That being said it's been so quiet on the updating process that I am not sure if anyone is actually working on it. It feels like they have given up or just like Graceland the devs have left the building
    Burki, Kryarias and Joy_the_Miner like this.