What do you want added to Minecraft?

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by Totouga, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Hey all :)

I was thinking the other day, as I was exploring through SMP9's frontier, that the natural Minecraft world is very boring. There are very few types of commonly spawning mobs (especially that spawn everywhere) and the biomes are just very plain (bar perhaps two or three :p).
    I thought about all the new biomes which could be added to minecraft, without even adding new blocks! There could be cliff biomes, archipelago biomes, different types of woodland and much more.

But this also got me thinking; what else would you like to see added to Minecraft? I believe there have been threads like this before, but not very recently. I always find this type of discussion very interesting :D.
    You can suggest anything that you want added! Do you want anything mob related, redstone, biomes, block, building or more? Let us all know :p
    I would say the things I want added most are-
    • More mobs, like fish and proper flying birds, and more biome specific mobs.
    • More, and nicer looking, biomes which vary to the current ones, or work with them.
    • Side slabs and stairs of more blocks...
    So, let us know in the replies :)
    haastregt and Jay2a like this.
  2. Proper trees...
    Seriously: I wish I could just one day use vanilla trees and have them look somewhat good... But no: They have to look as ugly as they do... :mad:
    haastregt, ThaKloned, Jay2a and 2 others like this.
  3. More structures! :D
    Indigotin likes this.
  4. Sideways slabs/stairs
    Also better world generation in general
    haastregt and Indigotin like this.
  5. I'll try to mention some suggestions not super popular:

* Fix the hand models of player-directional blocks to reflect their placement, without the need of a resource pack (glazed terracotta, observer, piston, etc).

* Pumps to move liquids automatically; can be moved with pistons, unlike dispensers.

* A new rail type that accelerates minecarts to a terminal velocity that's variable to the signal strength of their power source (1-15 m/s). However, if a minecart is moving faster than 8 m/s, it will derail when it takes a turn. As a result, make the powered rails recipe yield 12 rails instead of 6. The crafting recipe of this new rail would yield 6 blocks.

* Some way to rotate blocks without breaking them in Survival.

* Give all trees 1x1 and 2x2 grow-able variants (oak, birch, acacia and dark oak).
  6. Carpeted Stairs and sideways slabs.
  7. Slab and stairs of every blocks. Would love minecarts to be able to couple togather.
  8. Arctic foxes.
    I just love them.

But they have to make them fluffy and cute :D
    Patr1cV and Totoo_ like this.