What do you recommend?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Kaddrii, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Hi, I swear I'm still on break :p

Anyways, I want to upgrade my setup, I just don't know what to get for it :p
    I know a lot of you guys have a lot of different styles and recommendations for this sort of thing (yes, I go on EMC's discord lol) so I wanted to get your advise on what I should have in my setup.
    I don't really know what's available in setups really, but I was hoping to get a computer and console that works really well for PC gamers, headphones, a mic (can be included with headphones), and a keyboard that *isn't* as loud as mine :p
    Oh and, I'm not rich, please don't make me broke here ;-;

Yea you can really tell I have no idea what I'm talking about lol
    Please help :p
    luckycordel and 607 like this.
  2. Whew, that's very little direction, I bet you're going to get a broad scale of recommendations. :p
    Foxy_Kitty and luckycordel like this.
  3. I would suggest you give us a price range first, so the recommendations we can give you have the best price value for what you get. Especially for computer parts it is hard to give a recommendation without knowing how much you're going to spend on it :)
    Also your description is a bit vague :p
  4. 1cent? Lol
  5. Turtlebeach head sets are real nice, but pricey. I stole my sons lol (not really):D
    As far as PC goes, Lukas is right.
    Foxy_Kitty likes this.
  6. Yeah, it is :p
    I hope to get a broad list of things to look over so that I know that it's the best :)

Hehe :p
    I get what you mean, but I don't know how expensive they should be... *looks up average price for desktop*

So, I guess $500-$1,000..? :p (tell me if that's too much or too little) That is, if the other stuff isn't too expensive either :p
    607 and luckycordel like this.
  7. What are you planning to use it for, Frap? :)
    The computer luckycordel shared looks very good, but I honestly think it's probably way too good for you. If for instance you're only using your pc to access the internet, write Word documents, and play Minecraft, it's surely very overkill. :p
  8. Thanks :)

I'm a PC gamer, I play many other games (and I'm getting into steam) but my computer is quite terrible so I can't play much on it as of right now :p
    607 and luckycordel like this.
  9. Ah, that's good to know. :)
  10. Seems good indeed, but it might be a bit overkill.
    For gaming, you don't need a good prosessor. The only game that really needs proccessor power is minecraft, which I can play fine (over 60fps with max settings and a lot of mods running) with my i5-4670, which is about half as fast as the i7-8700 as in that pc.
    For all other games, as long as your processor is decent, you only need to invest in a good GPU. The ratio between CPU and GPU power in that pc is the same as in mine, which means it would be optemised for the same things I would do.
    If your screen is 1080p or less, I would also downgrade the videocart, as, realistically, you don't need 200fps if your screen can only handle 60. I got a second hand 960, which can also handle all commonly played games at decent settings at 60fps, jet it was half the price of the 1060-3GB.
    Next to that, I would say 1TB of storage is a bit little. Sure, I don't use as much, but I know most people do. I too have 2TB.

Foxy, If you want to buy a new PC, I think It's first very important to think about how fast you, at a minimum, want it to be, and how much more you want to spend on it being faster than that - Making it twice as fast usually means it is three times as expensive.
    Lukas3226, luckycordel and 607 like this.
  11. For what? :confused: I think I use about 100 GB (besides Windows). I need a bit more for storing videos, but after they're uploaded to YouTube, I can delete them again. This is including some back-ups, too.
  12. What I mean to say is that I know a lot of people who, for some random project: usually some video project, or, like I used to have, a lot of books in pfd format, suddenly needed more than 1TB and had to buy it. A 2TB HDD usually is only around 20% more expensive than a 1TB, which I think makes it more than worth it to buy that extra storage. At the point you are spending 200 euros on a GPU, you can spend that extra 30 on doubeling your storage to be safe for the future.
    Foxy_Kitty, Lukas3226 and luckycordel like this.
  13. Alright, I just think that 1 TB is safe for the future. :p You will probably want to replace it within 10 years anyway, right?
    Also, it is recommended to get a back-up disk twice as much as your actual disk. That could mean that if you get a 2 TB hard drive, you should get a 4 TB hard drive to store back-ups. (which is, surprisingly, also affordable these days)
  14. If you play more games you'll need more storage for the game alone. GTA V has 83GB, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands 67GB and the Witcher 3 has 50GB to name a few I play. And what Jelle said :D I also support his first post^^
    Foxy_Kitty and 607 like this.
  15. That makes sense! I don't think I have games that are larger than 100MB excluding custom content, besides Minecraft maybe. Thanks. :)
  16. It's only £491.98 or $641.49 or €567.83

at time of conversion 10.43pm 17th April 2019
  17. BUY USED! I got a 1000 dollar laptop for 400 dollars! Just check the seller's reviews first. For headphones I recommend an LG G230 or G430, both great headsets and only about 60 dollars. I'd be happy to help u look for some good deals on ebay :)
    SUBNAUTICA! Great game! also I'd reccomend TABS, brawlhalla, and cs:go
    Foxy_Kitty and 607 like this.