What do you have planned this Winter (or Summer if you live in the Southern Hemisphere)?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by We3_MPO, Nov 29, 2017.

?

Winter sorted towards the top and summer towards the bottom. Skiing could be snow or jet skiing.

Sledding 1 vote(s) 7.1%
Eating snow and/or snow cream 3 vote(s) 21.4%
Staying inside to avoid the cold 8 vote(s) 57.1%
Skiing 3 vote(s) 21.4%
Staying inside to avoid the heat 2 vote(s) 14.3%
Eating ice cream, snow cones, etc. 5 vote(s) 35.7%
Other (Winter) 6 vote(s) 42.9%
Other (Summer) 3 vote(s) 21.4%
Celebrating the Holidays 9 vote(s) 64.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm making this thread because no one has made threads like this recently that I know of (I checked the misc. forum section to be sure), and it's almost December, which means a season change is also on the horizon.

Anyways, my plans for Winter are:
    • Celebrating the Holidays (as many people, including myself and my family, do every year).
    • Maybe sledding (if it snows and that snow gets deep enough), but I'm not sure.
    • Eating snow (if it snows and it piles up at all).
    • Staying inside to avoid the cold for parts of the Winter, unless it snows, I have outside work to do, or things warm up temporarily. I promise that EMC will be on my to-do list while I'm performing this plan.
    Also, may I please request this thread be closed on March 1, 2018 as it will be pretty much irrelevant then?
  2. Bumping! Still curious to hear your opinions!
  3. My plans are to sit inside and do absolutely nothing progressive while drinking hot coco and eating candy canes and sleeping. The holidays belong to me! c:<
    TomvanWijnen and We3_MPO like this.
  4. Hm, not sure. I don't tend to have seasonal plans.
    We3_MPO likes this.
  5. nothing

probably sit inside all day, play video games, speak to friends on messaging apps sporadically, write, and make music like i do on most weekends. Then I'll do my homework, which I frequently spend up to 12 hours on, so that's around a full day or two of my time gone.
    We3_MPO, 607 and Impulsive_Egg like this.
  6. Thanks to those of you who shared your opinions. Thread is still open to responses.
  7. I did end up doing a lot during the christmas vacation. :)
    We3_MPO likes this.
  8. Hmm this winter I plan on riding out the cold for the most part. In my youth I use to celebrate when winter approached, because of the possibility of snowfall and all the fun it seemed to offer. Little did I know at the time that it also can bring about some nasty messes of it's own when it ices over or snows. Afraid I have become a Hot Chocolate addict during winter.

I do celebrate the holidays annually, and this year was great. Had the family get-together for Christmas, which in turn is nice to catch up with everyone. I don't get to see most of them anymore because we're all built up in our own lives, spread apart growing up and living, so it has become clear to me the most rewarding time for me is when we're all together. Who says the small things in life can't have just a great an impact of meaning or understanding as the bigger stuff ?

Throughout a majority of winter I usually don't go outside unless we get a spike of warm air passing through or I feel in the mood to go and sit out by a fire. So without any real planning right down to it, I become generally more active on things like Empire Minecraft and so forth for the duration of the chilling seasonal temperatures. With that in mind I can expect to put more time into doing what I love in my free time and having fun with you guys. :) Peace!
    We3_MPO likes this.
  9. I agree with all of this,

I agree especially that snow is something many young people tend to celebrate, and while it's pretty and can be fun, many adults and some teens tend to be frustrated - and sometimes hurt - by its effects and the cold temperatures.
  10. Bump! Still curious to hear your opinions. :)
  11. I might do a bit of everything since I love to go outside and do fun things in the snow and go outside and enjoy the warm sunshine in the summer
    We3_MPO likes this.
  12. Cry because of school. :p And testweek again (starting a few hours ago - just had my first test).... >.<

My Christmas break was great - went mountainbiking on a special location on third Christmas day, went iceskating with my family on second Christmas day, ("extended"?) family came over on the first of January, watched 4 movies (at home) with my family, and more nice things. :)

And during the second week I went on holidays to Lisboa in Portugal with my aunt, which was awesome too!

We're also going on skiing holidays in the Czech Republic for a week during the last days of February and first days of March. :D (which means that this thread wouldn't be irrelevant for me after March 1!)

In the Netherlands we don't get much snow unfortunately, I believe we actually had nothing that stayed for longer than 3 hours last year! And during the winter I go mountainbiking almost every Saturday. :)
    For the rest, it's just mostly school. :/ :p
    607 and We3_MPO like this.
  13. You must be busy. Have fun!

Also, what I meant about this thread no longer being relevant on March 1 is because March is the first month of Spring (or Autumn, for those of you living in the southern hemisphere).
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  14. I am very busy indeed - both with school and with non-school. Thanks! :)

I know, but I'm on skiing holidays after March 1, and I personally quite relate skiing with winter. :p
  15. I understand. And I'd consider it to still be a Winter thing too, even if it's partly in late Autumn and/or early Spring (plus you did say you'd start in late February, which is a Winter month).
  16. Plus, if you're mountain skiing, the snow line can still be quite low (depending on where it is) in October, November, March, and April, even though it's not Winter.
  17. I suppose you mean last school year? :p
  18. Winter is all about staying warm and keeping cozy by the fire with a good book.. That and binge watching shows and playing games. I do plan to go tobogganing this winter as well and maybe do a little ice fishing.
    We3_MPO likes this.
  19. My Holidays were nice, we are a traditional family, so had a traditional Thanksgiving, Christmas, & New Year. It is finally winter in Texas I should say we had 70 degree weather all through December. Now we are having hard freezes, as they say, thanks the Northern winds sweeping down. My horses look like puff balls. I tend to not do good in cold weather as I have arthritis. No, I don't look like I would, but I have had it since I was 21. I tend to avoid the cold. But at times I do run around and play with the kiddo outside. Summer is my favorite, Trees are growing, and they are always kind enough to give us shade. Though our summers here get to be well into the 100's. I enjoy riding horses, going camping, and doing many activities with the kid. I tend to eat a ton of snow cones. We have a snow cone machine, as well as an ice cream machine. Homemade ice cream is the bomb dot com. If you have never had it then I suggest getting a machine, which you can get them decently priced at Walmart and making your own! I have enjoyed seeing others response to this! I hope you have a wonderful year and Winter, and summer approaching! ♥
  20. I am doing the culminatuon of all that I live for in this wretched world.

Nothing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.