What do you have planned this Summer (or Winter if you live in the Southern Hemisphere)?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by We3_MPO, May 31, 2018.

1. It's almost June 1st here in the U.S., and for any Europeans or Australians (and a few Canadians), it already is! That means another season (Meteorologically speaking) has arrived: Summer in the Northern Hemisphere! Winter in the Southern Hemisphere! So, what all do you all have planned? I also hope you don't face your torture by fire (or ice in the Southern Hemisphere) while doing it or trying to find something to do!

Also, please do not forget, this thread is set to (hopefully) be shut down on approximately September 1st, with delays or earliness not to exceed a few days' time, as then it will be Autumn (or Spring in the Southern Hemisphere).
    simcity2000 likes this.
  2. Visiting grandparents in Missouri, writing college essays, and getting bullied into finding a summer job.
    padde73, JParsonsX and We3_MPO like this.
  3. The first sounds fun, but the other two sound rough. Have fun with the first one, good luck with the other two! :) :(
    MoreMoople and SliceOfRhyBread like this.
  4. Getting out of prison

(aka school)
    ItsMeWolffpack, We3_MPO and JParsonsX like this.
  5. Well my vacation is almost over lol. I went to Branson, MO to see some absolutely amazing shows! Other than that, my summer plans are basically dance practice :p
    We3_MPO and MoreMoople like this.
  6. I will be attending a dance intensive in the last two weeks of June. During those two weeks, I will spend a total of 32 hours at my dance studio doing different types of dance and other fun activities. :)

Also, I will be taking a trip to Michigan in July to visit my family. I absolutely LOVE Michigan, and I'm super excited to see my family! :D

EDIT: I'm also planning some events right now that I plan on running soon on EMC!

I hope that everyone has an excellent summer - best of luck in all of your adventures.
  7. Let's see..

Going on vacation to Maine, visting Acadia and the coastline
    Studying for the SAT
    App Development Camp
    Family Reunion in San Francisco

I'm just trying to keep myself busy so I don't become bored
    simcity2000, 607, JParsonsX and 2 others like this.
  8. I'm going to finish college/Sixth Form in two weeks. I'm going to apply for out of work benefit after I leave so I get £50 a week in welfare for a few weeks while I look for a job to help ease the financial burden on my parents of not having my child benefit anymore, and also to pay for my driving lessons. During that time I'm going to go to a party or two, write some poems, write a few songs, start learning how to play guitar, maybe actually make a song, and write a few stories - hopefully I get close to capping off my novel. I give it two-three weeks before I land an interview.

From there I'll be working, will get my first couple of tattoos, start saving up to take a trip to Germany before the end of this year/in early 2019, hopefully I get a few modelling bookings in there, and maybe go on holiday with my family - although I haven't enjoyed doing that since I was fifteen and it just feels like a waste of time nowadays, so I'm not sure. Then I'll get my A Level results.

If I get good results, I'll hopefully be applying to German universities (and a residency permit?) by the end of it so I can start in either early or late 2019.

Oh and I might kick in my developing smoking habit but meh.
    MoreMoople, 607 and We3_MPO like this.
  9. ItsMeWolffpack and We3_MPO like this.
  10. Sounds busy but fun. And be careful about that smoking habit!
    607 likes this.
  11. Ah, nice, another one of these. :)

I'm going to try find work to do this Summer. I've never done paid work before, but my mother and I think it would be a good experience, and it would also be nice to earn some money, as the sooner I can stop living of my mother's money, the better, as if things continue like this she won't have enough money to aid my sister and brother after they move out, who are still in secondary education at the moment, and living at home. The problem is this year I went to a school that isn't recognised by government, which means I can't get a government loan, so we had to get all the money ourselves - which means my mother had to get it, as I don't have work. The only money I get besides that is a contribution to the health insurance, and which is actually a good bit, a survivor's pension.

I would also like to meet up with some people from EMC, if we can work that out. If you read this, know me and are or will be close to me, send me a message. ;)

Plus I'm hoping to do fun projects like YouTube, music, some programming perhaps...

I second that, thanks for pointing it out. :)
    We3_MPO and MoreMoople like this.
  12. Lol I have lots going on this summer all Im doing is going to Indiana for a week. :)
    We3_MPO likes this.
  13. Band. Only band. Nothing besides band. Maybe throw in some scouts. But band.
    We3_MPO, MoreMoople and simcity2000 like this.
  14. im going to boy scout cam for the summer so ill be out in the mountains with no wifi so yay <tries to sneak wifi router with him to camp gets kicked out>
    We3_MPO likes this.
  15. Planned, planned.. nothing really planned but there is a good chance that I'll be able to persuade someone special to me to join me on a train ride :) A ride which will most likely start in Amersfoort in the Netherlands (though I need to check because I think Arnhem might also work) and it will end in.... one of my all-time favorite Holiday spots: Berlin.

Fun fact: In the most likely never to happen awkward event where I would win the lottery (for that to happen you need to participate first people keep telling me, and I hardly do that) then one of things I'd be seriously looking into is to get my own apartment over there. I would probably not even bother moving from where I live now because I actually like it where I live now.

So then pendle back and forth. Is there a happening in Berlin? Well, lets hop onto the train with no luggage at all (takes approx. 6 hours) and off to my own German home :)

ok, ok, ok.. enough fantasizing. But I seriously like Berlin. I'll take Berlin over Amsterdam 10,000 times, and mind you: I'm Dutch :p

Really hoping I can get this to work; the two of us for a whole week in Berlin Plaza hotel :)
    (I really like that place, nice accommodations, has a decent restaurant, has better restaurants around Kurfursterdamm and it's located in central Berlin).

Now... just to avoid favoritism (and apologies for the possible spam-like section, but I'm just trying to be honest here): when I first went to Berlin I stayed in a hotel called Villa Kastania and I also really liked that one. It's not in "down town Berlin" (Charlottenburg, which is also a really nice place!) but still a nice warm & friendly *small* hotel (at least; that's what it was several years ago).

Hoping to redo that someday.