What do you do with - high volume, seemingly useless items?

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by mjnoe70, Apr 20, 2017.

1. So imho, there are some items that tend to get massive quantities and are really unused at a certain point, I'm looking for any good ideas on what to do with:

Beetroot Seed
    Seed (Wheat)
    Beetroot <== not worth the bowl/food use, any other purpose?
    Dirt, I'm up to 4dcs and I got lots of stuff to dig up yet...
    Zombie Virus (I think this is the correct name, the emc drop)
    Zombie Flesh (I think this is the correct name, the emc drop)
    Red mushrooms (again, not worth it as a food item but much less "quantity" concern)
  2. Beetroot can also be turned into a red dye. Rotten flesh (not zombie) can be used to breed wolves as well as traded with villagers to get emeralds (for as long as the trade lasts).

Red mushrooms combined with brown mushrooms and a wooden bowl make excellent food.

Zombie virus is often used as a joke in town because of its effects, but it can easily save your life in the wild. Not all of its perks are negative :)

Those seeds... maybe try an auction ;) I usually /dispose most of it.

As to dirt... FCC is a bit cooled down now (because I've been too busy), but that might be useful for players who are busy with frontier restoration.

Maybe some ideas?
    mjnoe70 likes this.
  3. If you're talking about the EMC exclusive drop "Shiny Flesh," it's very useful in most fights. I use it quite a bit when fighting minibosses at high difficulties. You can read about it here: https://empireminecraft.com/wiki/shiny-flesh/
    While I only use it for minibosses, I'm sure the flesh is also very useful in Mob Arena and PvP, if that's the kind of player you are :)
  4. yes, thanks! i had to look up both hunger and mining fatigue being newer to minecraft and those negatives feel pretty strong vs the 5 second regen... ...but as you said I guess if that is the type of player you are.
  5. Don't underestimate the power of 5 second regen :p I've been saved by it countless times during Marlix fights. Plus, mining fatigue won't affect you much if your main purpose in using the flesh is to fight bosses/play mob arena.
    FadedMartian likes this.
  6. What I do with high volume, seemingly useless items? This:

:p

(edit: fixed not immediately showing image)
    TuqDufRhySmp8 and FadedMartian like this.