What did you get for Christmas?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Sambish, Dec 25, 2014.

1. How powerful your computer is does not determine how "important" or well known you are. I'd consider myself at least slightly well known and I sit here playing the game on a 3 year old Macbook Air. Certainly not the most powerful of computers.
    ShelLuser, FDNY21, 607 and 2 others like this.
  2. I can't find LEGO in this list anywhere, but this year all I got LEGO was a USB drive XD
    mba2012 likes this.
  3. I actually don't like shaders :p
  4. Disclaimer: not fully sober :cool: had a great dinner, bit tipsy, prob. not coming online this evening.

Nah, we do stuff when we feel like it. Not when the commerce thinks you should do so.

So we don't really do presents at all, but we do like to surprise each other from time to time. Past year my gf liked a certain handbag (? dunno if that the right word) purse and piece of clothing while we were out in Germany but wasn't sure and I was like "ok, you got it if you want it", stuff like that. Also awesome; my last birthday.. gf was like "ok, you always tell me how you enjoyed going out for dinner; so I reserved a table tonight, we're going out!". We really love that surprise stuff...

No Sinterklaas ("Saint Niclas"), no Chrismas presents but just common (but good!) stuff throughout the year.

SO yah we don't do presents but like to do stuff for each other throughout the year from time to time. NOTHING beats the feeling when visiting her and while on my way thinking (randomly): "Wow, nice weather, feeling good... you know what?.... ", so I end up coming over with a bunch of flowers "because". That's the really good stuff IMO. (and so far she likes it too which is all that matters to me :))

But yah, we do like a good meal and some drinks :)

Like this evening... <burp>, excuse me :p
    607, PandasEatRamen and NathanRP like this.
    • Money (for comics)
    • Reese's Cups the size of my hand
    • Bioshock: Infinite season pass
    • Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
    • The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
    • LoZ: Ocarina of Time 3D
    • Wovenwar (it's an album)
    • The Ladies of Grace Adieu (it's a book)
    • A signed (!) copy of Air Force Gator (also a book)
    • A Beardhead
    • Some really good earbuds
    • A thing to put over my windshield so I don't have to scrap ice anymore (yay!)
    • And a new mouse - Logitech G402
    PandasEatRamen and mba2012 like this.
  5. You got that expensive computer to be of some importance on this site and on the servers? You were important enough as it was, just like every member of this community; whether they're still here or not. I'm fairly sure very few people will think, 'oh look, its Colepuncher, that guy with the good computer specifications!'. I'm fairly sure most people will think, 'oh look, it's Colepuncher, that guy who [insert good deed or something here]!'.

Still... I'd hold onto that computer for awhile. Chances are it'll serve you good when you're mentally ready to handle some of the more demanding (and likely 18+) PC games ;)
    PenguinDJ, xHaro_Der and tedrocker like this.
  6. Pretty much completely true except for this part. Minecraft is not demanding what so ever but when you're a bit older those other games on steam and origin will likely need better GPUs to run, but I'm too sure since I don't know what GPU came in that laptop. But still, great computer to do some video editing or 3D rendering if you ever choose to take it as a hobby :)

I used to be fine with my old dual core Pentium CPU but when I got the i7-4790k with 4 cores 8 threads, holy balls it's amazingly better for those intensive tasks that you may want to do at any point. Maybe in the future it could get a bit easier to upgrade laptops as well, but it should serve you for at least 5 years.
  7. Please tell me in what way it's 'not demanding whatsoever'. My computer has a harder time trying to run it than it does with more demanding games, like Batman Arkham etc.. Its badly coded and its coded in Java (which isn't even the problem anymore), so it's going to lag a lot.

And also, my mum thought that I was mostly 'mentally ready' (as in; it's not going to make me think violence is OK etc.) to handle games like Battlefield 3 when I was 11. If Cole's mum thinks with a similar mindset, it won't be that long before he can play those games.
  8. *High Fives* I also got that! Did you get a small, medium or large?
  9. Agreed.

For lots of people v1.8 caused nothing but problems with performance. Where 1.7 runs smoothly 1.8 won't run without hiccups even with dozens of settings set down to low.

Major issue: Java. That can be a resource gobbler, and well; same can be said about MC 1.x itself (see above).

So yah; MC can indeed be very demanding. Which seems strange at times..
  10. Why the heck would you ever need 2 TB of storage unless you plan on doing massive photo shoots at the highest specs?
    tedrocker likes this.
  11. My dad bought the computer, I didn't
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  12. Still, that's crazy
    tedrocker likes this.
  13. My god, I went flying off one of my neighbor's children's Crazy Cart. Ended up having a bruise turning all sorts of colors :confused:
  14. Can we just stop arguing and talk about what gifts we got? That's the point of this thread. Perhaps Cole's dad KNEW he could "grow into" his new computer adn that's why he purchased it, like cole said.

I had to add some stuff to my list that I forgot.

sonicol1 likes this.
  15. Lol. I have some scratched from tilting upside down but I am fine :D
  16. That's alright for me then.
    tedrocker likes this.
  17. :D !
    Small I think, since it was the cheapest xD
  18. Surprisingly I had no LYNX this year! I did last year, but this year I got a selection of anything but! ;)
    mba2012 likes this.
  19. I got a medium, since the space for drawing is perfect for me. :p
    AliceF3 and Byeforeverthe2nd like this.