Well-Known Supporters

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Trapper777, Jan 11, 2014.

1. I'm not sure about this idea.. But if anyone needs like for well-known member.... :rolleyes:
  2. I lol'd
    Equinox_Boss, Trapper777 and FDNY21 like this.
  3. So, I am still confused:
    Are you saying that the system that displays whether you're a well-known member or not is completely separate from the supportership status.
    I'd definitely agree that it's not possible if that's what you mean.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  4. It's great for those for those who are active supporters and are attracting likes on a regular basis, not so great for those who just have a "Well-Known Member" rank... It sort of demotes the work that the well-knowns have done to get to that rank, whether you were once a supporter or not. We all know that it's a common practice to "appreciate" the posts and works of members that have a higher rank, as I myself found it a challenge to get likes and follows to me when I was at a "New Member" and "Member" rank. Supporters already have their own rank, and that puts them at a fairly high degree of respect, probably equal to the "Well-Known Member" rank today. Adding the new ranks just seem to make the race for ranks and respect even more competitive, and that may be a good or bad thing. -Just saying my thoughts, no offense.
    Equinox_Boss and FDNY21 like this.
  5. Trust me MBA knows what he is talking about he is like some kind of coding person that knows thingz or something like that.

Either way I think even 2 banners would look awesome.
    607 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  6. I would disagree with you here. I don't think that Supporter ship rank has any relation to the amount of likes received. I've been both supporter and non-supporter, and I saw no difference in likes. It all depends on the content you're posting.

As for the suggestion, this would probably be fine, but I'd much rather see some more forum achievements/ranks available to work towards.
    607, Equinox_Boss and samsimx like this.
  7. Wouldn't mind more forum ranks awarded to people with more followers or not so much as to likes but how much you actually post and activity in game.
    Also something for texp.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  8. You fit all these qualifications, don't you, piggeh. :p Just because you have that much ham-swag. And maybe one for those who are made of bacon, as long as we are making suggestions on ways to make da piggeh seem moar awesome? I like this idea, even if I'm not diamond anymore. +1!
    Equinox_Boss and xI_LIKE_A_PIGx like this.
  9. Basically, they are completely different systems. When you create a user group with XenForo, you chose to display either the group name, or the well known member stuff.
    607 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  10. I would add on to that by saying that if someone posts something interesting, whether your Well-Known, New, or a Supporter shouldn't correlate to the amount of likes you receive, and usually doesn't.

This is about recognizing those who both donate, and help maintain this vibrant community.

Ps. I definitely think there should be at least another rank for those that have been actively on the sever for a year.
    Equinox_Boss and cddm95ace like this.
  11. Well known is gained at 48 points, not 118
  12. Again, not really possible without a site modification or update. But once the site has been updated, it should be possible.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  13. I don't know about all these server rank ideas, but I think it's a simple and good idea to have "well known supporter status" but it seems that it might confuse people into thinking the people are well known for BEING a supporter?

Don't know if it's already been suggested, but why not have them separate? Well known member and then supporter status below it, that way no confusion and people know who senior members are. I think senior members should be recognized, but I don't know about all that reward stuff.

Anyway +1 for this suggestion, though I suggest they be separate.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.