Wearable Banners as Rewards for /games

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Tuqueque, Feb 19, 2018.

?

Like the idea?

Yes! 23 vote(s) 95.8%
I don't like cosmetics like this one 0 vote(s) 0.0%
This will ruin EMC 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Other (comment bellow) 3 vote(s) 12.5%
#Games 9 vote(s) 37.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My suggestion would make it so if you win a game or participate in a special event, staff or the system could give the player a wearable banner.

These banners would be accesible through /banners which would open a chest GUI. In this inventory, it would display the banners that you have available to use, so the player can click which banner they want to display, or if they don't want to display any. Another way for the GUI to open would be to click the banner in the headslot.

These banners would be available to be used all throughout the games server.
    *Edit: If I did not make it clear already, my suggestion does not involve adding items to the economy. This banners can only be earned and can only be displayed on the head. These banners will not be transferable

When would these banners be released?

Well in games such as the parkour, golf courses the system could award you a banner for completing such challenge (only the first time you complete it)

Games that are multiplayer, and do not require a staff, should not give banners. (Such as spleef, etc.)

Banners could also be given at staff hosted events such as firefloor. Banners for these events could be earned when typing /v firefloor, by entering the residence for the first time) or by clicking a button of some sort.

For special occasions such as the Mardi Gras event, when entering the special event res, they can earn the X year Mardi Gras Event Banner. This can also happen for Last Block Standing winners.

Any suggestion to add to this idea??
    Feel free to comment down bellow what you think of this cosmetics idea?
    Constructive criticism is encouraged!
  2. Suggestions by other players:

Usable outside of /games (supporter perk?)

Be able to obtain actual item ingame as a voter's banner
    Although original idea is:

As rewards for other achievements
  3. I really like this idea, since EMC has the nifty banner cosmetics and they're only being used for one thing atm. Plus, who doesn't love new cosmetics? +1 from me.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  4. I absolutely love this. Maybe make them usable on all servers, but only town? +1 any way you do it.
  5. I like this idea alot! YAS

+1
    Tuqueque likes this.
  6. This could be for everyone or as a possible supporter perk. I like it!
  7. *completes parkour*

Wait---That's IT?!? xD
    I agree with this, we need more people wearing banners, and the games server is kind of dead! :D
    +1
    607 and Tuqueque like this.
  8. I have heard this is because 1.12 broke a lot of the games:eek:
    q1zx and Tuqueque like this.
  9. Lol. You can do parkour or stare at the empty mob arena. ;) Funland is actually amazing, spent a good day looking around.
  10. I like this, since the banners would be a kind of medal or badge for winning certain games/events. A nice reward so that you walk away with something after putting in the effort to win the game.

^What Faded said.

I used to do events on the Games server twice a month on Friday evenings, and we would just go around playing all the different games. Then with a Minecraft update, half the games stopped working. With only the few games we have that work still, it's difficult to host full out Games server events. As such, I tend to use the games only occasionally, and usually it's an impromptu decision to do so.
    607, FadedMartian, q1zx and 2 others like this.
  11. I really love this idea as well :) +10 from me
  12. I gotta say this is something that would make any skeleton happy so +100
    FadedMartian and Tuqueque like this.
  13. This would be sweet :D
    Tuqueque likes this.
  14. I'm not really that busy with games and stuff (as you probably know) but I still think this sounds like a really good idea. It might even help attract more attention to the games server and I think that's also a positive thing.

+1
  15. That would be a nice reward from winning a game other than just bragging rights.

+1
    Tuqueque likes this.
  16. Cool!
    It's interesting that you propose a /banners system like that, while for the voting banners, we just get the items. But I guess on the games server, you can't use your vault, and your inventory is probably cleared for some events, so that wouldn't really work.
    Nice idea. :)
    Ethy202, Pab10S and Tuqueque like this.
  17. Well, my idea is for these banners to not be transferable nor obtainable ingame, so they don't enter the economy. For example, I don't want to create a second Orange Krysyy Head for a LBS reward, I want people to be able to showcase that they won LBS through the banner.
    607 likes this.
  18. +1 This sounds like a cool idea :)
    Tuqueque likes this.
  19. Sounds great! I just hope us previous winners for stairway, LBS, ect get them ;D
  20. i don't see a negative vote so far. Good job, Tuq :)

As for this, yeah, i think that may be an awesome idea, but not just for games. I never play on games (other than when I tried firefloor once and Chin messed up...), so maybe in town only or for supporters? i mean, iron can use another reason behind it..
    Oh wait, someone already mentioned that idea. My bad. Still. :p For gold, you get an extra res. Diamond, isn't it four? and colored chat. Iron? uhhhhh /c s? that's it? If iron had more reason to get other than supporting the server, or a cheaper way to achieve gold, then I think more people who don't support because they aren't rich enough or have only enough to burn on iron and don't wanna burn on *just* iron would support.
    Wow that made no sense now. :/ My bad.
    +1 from me.
    Tuqueque likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.