We did it, Top 10 on TopG!

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Aikar, Mar 9, 2014.

1. finally a promotion bow :D
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  2. They won't get it because they had an error? Like I said, it won't seem very fair if this happens.
    Equinox_Boss and PandasEatRamen like this.
  3. Won't be very fair at all, remember, this is a reward to the community, not a reward to the few :)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.

4. We did it!!!
    Jelle68 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  5. Just curious, does the looting enchantment actually work? And if so, can you use it by firing arrows or do you have to melee mobs with the bow?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  6. If anyone wants to buy, I'm selling mine.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  7. How long till the promo close's?? I'm grounded for a week till I get my grades up soooo just wondering.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  8. I would expect it be here for a few days, but not sure if it would be here for a week. Of course, I am sure somebody else would have a better idea than I do though. :p
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  9. Another 7 days for another promo?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  10. How about we maybe leave it up as long as we remain in the top 10 until end of month? ;)
  11. Love that idea...
    You may be in luck, but keep voting! :3
    dresden72 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  12. Wewt!

Yeah...I'm gonna have to agree on fairness. There are instances where you can't always vote. I can't even make it past day 1 because every single time I vote on a website, I STILL am voting in the same day and I have even varied it like suggested and it still fails. I also have crappy internet that everyone in our apartments/motel shares because the owners are derp and cheap. It is slow and sometimes even just dies for days at a time. Also if the power goes out and you lose your vote streak it sucks. As for voting for awesomeness instead of promos, that rarely happens because people are usually in it for things. Also with the losing your vote streak, it kinda discourages people, especially if you make it several days and then something happens and you lose it. Promos kinda give back the incentive to vote.
    Equinox_Boss, sonicol1 and samsimx like this.
  13. I only vote twice a month, you wanna know why.
    Its not because im lazy, hate emc, ect.
    Im always so busy.

I go to college, and get piles of work every night that I have to have completed by a certain time. Most of my classes are C++ and Java coding, you can't cheat on it, look up answers, it takes at least an hour to code all my labs and if its a project I hope I get atleast 3 hours of sleep in because that takes me a whole day. Imagine 5 Labs, and 1 project a week, and oh thats only for 1 class. I take 4 of them.

On top of that I have to constantly clean my house, wash dishes, and if its summer mow the lawn. Most the time I am logged into the Game, I am AFK because I want to keep my res's and talk to friends and in the background im doing my homework.

I wish I had more time to vote, but voting takes away at good 10-20 mins for me. In that amount of time I could have a small chunk of code done or the house vacuumed. Yes I could hop on and vote real quick but at the end of the day im tired and it doesn't cross my mind to vote I just want to talk to my friends afterwards.

Though I do get to vote at least once a month I can only imagine what others go through that have school, work, and families.

I just know If i logged in to see a bunch of people getting a cool promo just because they voted 10 more times than me I would not be getting on at all I would be so upset, EVERY VOTE COUNTS even if its just one, but if you're busy to vote everyone should be understanding of that too. Not everyones life is a pile of cookies.......
    Equinox_Boss and PandasEatRamen like this.
  14. Wait... I'm not arguing your point or anything, but how does voting take 10-20 minutes? I just go to the vote page and use the "open link in new tab" option. It takes maybe 3 minutes, no more than 5.
    dresden72 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  15. slow internet, it takes me like a whole 5 mins just to load teh pages and sometimes the picture thingies dont show up so i spend about 3 mins refreshing the pages and stuff
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  16. Wow. Computer science person + slow internet = my condolences.
  17. ;_; i know. Its actually really good internet but my dad has a better gaming computer and he runs like 3 game clients at once so when I get on while hes on its like slow as a snail.
    PandasEatRamen and Equinox_Boss like this.