Waste spawn points with elytra towers

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by LindenNZ, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Would it be worthwhile to include an elytra launch tower in the structure of waste spawn points? It would save players needing to build there own tower. Possibilities of getting to the top could be: teleport, ladder, or water elevator when the aquatic update is incorporated (the bubble soul sand kind).
    KatydidBuild, MoreMoople, 607 and 3 others like this.
  2. It's an interesting concept that has not been brought to my attention before. I will make a note to look into it for the next design.
    KatydidBuild, MoreMoople, 607 and 2 others like this.
  3. Cool idea. Definitely would give you a head start at long travels. :)
    607, FadedMartian and Nickblockmaster like this.
  4. Great idea! I dont use my elytra that much yet, but yes a launching zone makes a lot of sense.

+1
    Nickblockmaster and ThaKloned like this.
  5. +1! Would be really good to get that first leap out in the wild/waste!
    Nickblockmaster likes this.
  6. A teleport to a platform +200 blocks upward sounds like a great idea.
  7. You can always take off from the outpost and use fireworks to gain altitude. That's what I do and it works quite well. ;)
    Nickblockmaster, luckycordel and 607 like this.
  8. Yeah, I was going to say, what's really the use case here? If you have an elytra I'd expect you'd also have fireworks, and it you don't what are you doing traveling with an elytra in the first place? And what are you going to do when you get to the end of how far you can float, build another tower? lol surely no one does this. So it's a neat idea but.. wouldn't it really only be saving a couple rockets and that's it? As Joy said, I usually just jump off the edge and firework away, there's plenty of distance from the edges of the outpost/off the side of the top of the stairs. It's really not that hard to take off just walking down the stairs, either.
  9. The normal use of the elytra is with the fireworks yes. Although if you get a platform/tower you can fly out pretty far without having use of rockets. For example in the wilderness people go their outpost. Lets say they have a nether highway over there but the nether at spawn is so crowded. Then you could just get to the top, fly a bit out and put the nether portal over there! Then you wouldn't need fireworks to get out to it. (Quick simple example)

I see where you guys coming from since I also do use fireworks to just get altitude, but it doesnt harm anyone to have the platform to use, and if you dont wanna use it you can fly off with fireworks as fine! :)
    Nickblockmaster and 607 like this.
  10. We'll just have to wait and see if Staff thinks that this is something worth implementing in a future outpost design, yeah?
  11. I do think it is important to have an idea about whether it would be used. Which is what replies in this thread contribute to.

Myself, I cannot contribute in that way, as... wait... didn't Raaynn once give me Elytra? Okay, I might have Elytra, but I never used them. :p
  12. Good idea, just a second...

Probably not, because as 607 pointed out, not everyone uses Elytras and even those who do, they just jump off of the highest point of the outpost structure and use fireworks to gain altitude and speed. --- However, staff gets the last word on this. I'm just rather curious what the new outpost design would look like, had they go through with this.

Unless they just want to have a vertical tower of single blocks with a ladder, but that'd look quite out-of-place and quite ugly. But no one specified "how tall" they wanted said tower to be, so I guess that's open for discussion too? ;)
  13. This could be a good idea. I do tend to just use to upper level of the spawns as my ledge to jump yes I do use maybe a couple extra fireworks, but fireworks are quite cheap to make by oneself.