Was auto put on SMP2. Just went to a different server and saw what Empire can be

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Victolyn, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Hello!

I'm fairly new to Empire, and minecraft in general. When first starting I was auto assigned to SMP2. Didn't think anything about it and have been playing for a while.

I saw the Harry Potter quests on SMP7 on the website and wanted to give it a shot. The first time I've left SMP2. Oh my, I've been missing out! There area actual people on the other severs!

Is it worth it to switch residences? Abandon my wild base? Where do I go? What server do people like and why? If I switch I want to make sure I'm making a good choice so I don't have to start over again.
    RainbowPony, 607, MoreMoople and 2 others like this.
  2. Hi victoyln,
    I don’t think it’s worth a switch beacuse, when you spawn on a smp, most people declare it as there smp forever, but they still have reses on other smps due to there supporting of the empire, by buying a gold, iron or diamond supporter. The gold supporter give you 1 extra res on any smp, the diamond give you a total of 4 reses on any smp! But if you wanna switch smp7 seems to Be the most popular, and most active, with staff, and other active players. But you can carry you stuff in you vault(S) (/vault). if you want calm smps with not many staff on /players getting banned (I’m not saying people get banned on smp7). the calm smps are are 3-6 or 8-9, but as I would recommend buy a gold supporter and have a res on 1 smp and another on another. As of utopia-smp2 they are more of a busy smps/lots of players, but not many staff. Then there’s utopia, utopia is a smp for supporters such as gold -diamond supporter, you can only have 1 res per person there beacuse the reses are 120 by 120 blocks, double the size of regular reses, you must be gold or diamond to claim a res there and you need to be gold or diamond to go in the waste/wild!

As it is you choice to move I’m going to leave you to it :)
    Good luck
    -Benny
    Kryarias, AncientTower and 607 like this.
  3. It is true, smp7 is usually the most active SMP (not to be biased or anything) but I wouldn't switch smps and lose your outpost and res. Instead, I agree with Benny and save for a gold or diamond voucher so you can claim a second res on smp7!
    Kryarias, AncientTower and 607 like this.
  4. I forgot about supporters! My partner (who has been on for ever) suggested that when I first came to Empire but I didn't think it was necessary since I figured I wouldn't be on for long. I was wrong and it is now time. So now I adapt my question - I'm not starting over but which server to put another res on? I've really enjoyed what I've seen on SMP7 but if others have favorites love to hear about them.
  5. ehhh. well smp4 is full of fun, smp1 is also full of fun, its really your choice
    Envine, Kryarias and AncientTower like this.
  6. Heya :)

Isn't it cool when you discover stuff like that? :D I think it's pretty fun.

There's a few different paths you could take here:

1. You could stay on SMP2, but visit other SMPs frequently. Going to events is a great way to see more of the Empire and hang out with a wider variety of people.

2. You could build a place out in the wild on a different SMP, and then you could hang out on both SMPs while having different things to work on.

3. The players above recommended this, and I do too. If you get a gold or diamond supporter rank, you can claim another residence on a different SMP. Not only that, but you have extra benefits and support the empire at the same time. :)

You can become a supporter by purchasing a voucher with rupees in-game, or by buying it on the supporter tab. This page also details the other benefits of being a supporter.

I would be willing to donate some rupees if you need more to buy a voucher. Also, remember to vote, because that is an easy way to get rupees and rewards.

Let me know if you have any questions! I'll do my best to answer them :)

Edit: If you get diamond supporter, I would suggest getting a residence on both Utopia and SMP7. Utopia has 120*120 block residences! You can also fly there :D Another SMP that I would recommend giving a try is SMP3. I spend a lot of time there, and I would love to see you around!
  7. that was a way better explanation then me
  8. SMP2 used to be da bomb
    Nuttyknight42 and Kryarias like this.
  9. But it's especially nice to have both. ;)
    Kryarias, Top_Benny and MoreMoople like this.
  10. Yea :)
    Kryarias likes this.
  11. lol... I do have a res on utopia as well as a few known/secret alts.

My alts have bases on 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9, and utopia. (Not all are established, which is fine with me)

I prefer to have a base on a different server than my res because I dislike wasting play time having to travel, just to play..
  12. First off, I have to comment on the Utopia Residence Size. At first glance, one notices that the number is doubled to 120x120 from the normal res size of 60x60. Do take note that this is actually doubled in 2 directions which means the Utopia residence is actually the size of 4 normal residences without roads cutting between them.

To "Second" what the others have said above, I do find the option to change servers and interact with different groups of people around various events or goals one of the most intriguing aspects of the Empire's design. Many, Many...I could almost certainly say "Most" that I have seen over the years will take root in their initial SMP for Town / Home activities, and then they simply choose to explore another SMP with regards to the Frontier in which they Establish an Outpost some distance from the lavish lifestyle found in town where the creeps do not seek to destroy every block you place (Buildmode Helps Here), and simply live off the land roughing it. The Frontier does offer the opportunity to build much larger structures too, which remain forever as opposed to the waste - resource gathering areas.

On this note though, I do want to mention that with the introduction of "Empires" there will be an option to teleport to Outposts as if you are teleporting to another residence in town. Yes, the introduction of "Empires" is on "Aikar-Time", and is currently awaiting completion on the heels of the Empire's 1.13 Update, which will fully integrate all features of 1.13 for use on the Empire. We are all awaiting the 1.13 Update, and many if not most are also awaiting the "Empires" update, but those are still pending at this time.

I do, however, feel it is worth mentioning so as to be aware of what the future does hold when making decisions about potentially moving. Knowing this, you could simply keep doing what you are doing with respects to your home and outpost on SMP2, and visit other SMP's to interact, explore, and get ideas of what you could bring back to your home server to then make it a more appealing choice for others to consider for these type of choices. Plus, don't forget those updates as mentioned above, will usher in a new resurgence of players returning to check out the new features, at which time your setup on SMP2 could prove to be more worthwhile.

As many know, SMP2 is home to me, and my family. It is where I was first placed, and I have simply allowed my activities to grow from there. Another alternative...Heh...ALT, is to simply purchase another minecraft account and get another res with that character on another SMP similar to what Tower mentioned above. My family has acquired many alts ourselves, and each of us have at least a handful of characters for use on the Empire. As such, we have laid quite the claim to SMP2 in an ambitious endeavor to establish the Premier Outpost on EMC. Over the course of the next year, we hope to ramp up activity in this outpost as our initial characters will reach their 5 yr anniversaries in April, and the Outpost will be 5 yrs in October. Initial goal is to open to the public in April, and then have a Grand Opening in October with many Holiday activities in the Winter Season to follow.

Just as one needs to wait for the concrete to dry on the foundation of a home or building prior to construction, we have been diligently working on core components to use as guidelines in the layout for what is to come. Sure, we would love to just jump in and do all the great building and exploring that usually comes with the boom of an establishment, but we hope to have a well thought out design to implement at that time. I take personal responsibility for being a 2 steps forward 1 step back kind of builder when it comes to concept and production. Too many times, I have seen the possibility of adding just one element to a build that then winds up redesigning the majority of the initial construct. The final product is a much more polished version, and I do feel worth the effort, but this does consume a lot of time.

In the end, we plan on offering a 25 res Outpost Headquarter complex, 7 Res Welcome Center, Multi-Faceted Outpost/Empire Claim which will cover a VAST section of land that includes all Biomes with a structured District system for optimal land use and integration, Guild System, Community Alliance and several other processes/features that are in the works. I mention this to let you know there is more to SMP2 than meets the eye, and soon it will transform...I hope :)

I would also like to apologize if I have not chatted with you in game, and hope you understand my time on SMP2 has been consumed with my nose to the grindstone in anticipation of these endeavors. Similar to my need to work on not being so particular with taking a step back in builds, I need to take a step back and interact more with those around me. This is something I intend to focus on more and more as this Alpha stage comes to a close.

I wish you well in all your endeavors on the Empire, and hope that these thoughts are beneficial to the decision you are contemplating at this time. Always feel free to inquire if you need help with something, I may not be actively chatting, but I do keep an eye on it, and will always do what I can to help, if it is within my sphere of influence : meaning if I have the means with which to help, I will, if you are asking for an original dragon egg, well...I can't help you there :(

Regardless of SMP, I don't think you can go wrong on the Empire :)

KnightZer0ne
    Tempered Outpost Founder
  13. Thanks everyone for all of this! MoreMoople your post really clarified a lot for me. I'm going to become a supporter so I don't need to leave SMP2 but can continue to build. And you know, because I should be supporting such an awesome thing. I also never thought about making a wild base on a different server so I don't have to travel back to town all the time. Seems so simple but I guess you don't think about it when you don't realize that going from server to server is an actual thing people do.

KnightZeroOne - I've never chatted with anyone on SMP2. This, and asking for help at the Hogwarts quest was the first time I've even reached out to the community at all. I've been in a bubble just learning minecraft, redstone, etc and just now getting into the social aspect, reading forums, etc. So don't feel bad. And..... your outpost sounds amazing.
  14. Awesome :) Looking forward to seeing you with a shiny supporter title!

I'm glad that I was able to clarify things. You're always welcome to send me a pm if you have questions :D

See you around :)
  15. You can keep your res on smp2 and visit other smps. I am a proud citizen of smp5, not as active as other smps, but still my home. I usually explore large residences and socialize on other smps, when I am not hard at work with my imperial duties back home on smp5.
    607 likes this.