[Warning: May be somewhat depressing idk] Re-Intro and Ask me (almost!) Anything!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by CarFryer, Jun 9, 2018.

?

How well do you know me on EMC?

Wait who is CarFryer? I don't know her... 4 vote(s) 22.2%
I've seen you a couple of times in game or on forums, but I don't know you very well. 5 vote(s) 27.8%
I know you somewhat well, I guess...? 2 vote(s) 11.1%
I am indeed very familiar with CarFryer. 7 vote(s) 38.9%
  1. Soooo... I know my first intro was a little late (approximately 900 days :eek:) but I would like to redo my intro and give you all an opportunity to ask me almost anything! As long as it's not too personal I will answer your questions!

As some of you may know, I own a shop/mini mall on smp3 (My home smp!), but what you may not be aware of is that I am currently working on building a new, better mall on the next residence over. I love to build in Minecraft, and you may have seen screenshots of some of my builds on the forums.

I am extremely grateful to the EMC community because for most of my life I have struggled to find a supportive environment, and this community is one of, if not the most supportive and friendly environments I have ever known. I am very shy in real life, stammer a lot, and have only just become brave enough to start a YouTube channel and do voice recordings (The name of my channel is just my Minecraft name, CarFryer... I use it for pretty much everything :p). Being on EMC and creating my YouTube channel have inspired me to branch out a little. I still lock myself in my room pretty much 24/7, but as of today (June 9, 2018) I have made a friend, for the first time in a few years.

Writing this part is making me cry a little... why must I be so emotional... Anyway, now time for some (hopefully) happier topics!

Besides Minecraft, I enjoy reading, writing, art, math, science, and computer programming. I know several different programming languages and am currently working on my first game! I have also signed up for a coding challenge/competition taking place over the summer, so that should be interesting. :D

I can feel myself being drawn back to the slightly emotional stuff again... I think I need to get all of this out of my head once and for all. Hopefully creating this thread will relieve me of some stress. I'm gonna try to make things not sound as sad as the third paragraph in this thread.

Sooo... art. When people are around I create things that most people would consider to be art, such as drawings, paintings, etc. But when I am alone I draw characters that are either in a story I'm writing or random things I created. As of today (June 9, 2018) no one irl has seen any of my character art, and only one person irl - the new friend I mentioned earlier - knows that I am currently (and have been for the last... who knows how long) working on the development of characters (an entire human-like species actually) based off of the elements. It happens sometimes when you're an extreme science nerd like me :p The problem is though, I am absolutely terrified of other people judging me, even when it comes to answering simple questions like what kind of music I like. (I prefer either electronic music or sometimes Minecraft parodies)

That actually wasn't so bad! And I just realized how long this post is (and how many parentheses I used!) so I am going to stop here. If you have any more questions just ask!

Also I apologize if parts of this thread are a little depressing, it wasn't meant to be this way :(

EDIT: I also realized that it's almost my 3 year anniversary on EMC! June 26, 2015 is when I joined! Soooo I suppose that this AMA is a present to everyone :D
  2. I know you because I've been to your mall plenty of times. Other than that, I don't know you that well.
  3. Carfryer!! <3
    I'm looking forward to your new mall! Your mini mall is always the first place I go when I need to buy something :)
    I also absolutely LOVE your builds! They look amazing!!

It's alright to be emotional. You have struggles that you face, as do the rest of us, and it's better to let your feelings out rather than bottling them up inside. If you ever need help or someone to talk to, please send me a pm. I think we have some similar interests, and I will not judge you. :)

You do a great job with your YouTube channel, keep it up :D
    I also enjoy reading, writing, art, math, science, and computer programming. All of them are rather fun and interesting :D What is your favorite programming language?

Those characters sound very interesting! :)

Happy three year anniversary! We've loved having you around EMC, and hope you stay for at least three years more :D
  4. Hey there :)

Uhhmm... I don't have any questions, but I do want to post something positive...

[POSITIVE REACTION]
    hi
    [/POSITIVE REACTION]
  5. Great re-intro... and as i often ask about favorite music... thanks for the answer! And by the way.. there is no need to apologize for being you. Its clear you are cool just the way you are.
    CarFryer, Eviltoade and MoreMoople like this.
  6. Hey CarFryer, glad to see you taking the time to do this. After looking through the history that is my old thread posts, I haven’t made a introduction thread yet xD

I’m glad you reached out and spoke about this!
    CarFryer, MoreMoople and Eviltoade like this.
  7. I second that ^ from Raaynn. I think youre great and love having you around - if you ever wanna chat or have a supportive eye to critique art/writing lemme know!! :)
    CarFryer and MoreMoople like this.
  8. Hmm... That is actually somewhat hard to say, as I enjoy all of the ones that I know. I would probably say JavaScript, because that's the one that I use the most often.
    MoreMoople likes this.
  9. i love to program to though im still in basic binary code right now its very interesting
    MoreMoople and CarFryer like this.