Voting Trouble w/ serverpact

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by HazardousCode, Feb 3, 2019.

?

Are you having this problem?

Yes 0 vote(s) 0.0%
No 3 vote(s) 100.0%
  1. Is anyone else having consistent trouble voting through serverpact.com? I keep getting an error that reads "You can only vote once every 12 hours" when I KNOW I haven't successfully voted or even opened the link in at least 24 hours. I've tried Chrome and Firefox. I can't find a place to report a problem on their site, so I figured I'd reach out here and see if we could find a solution. I'm well aware that EMC staff can't fix it, but figured there was no harm in having a discussion about what might be wrong and how to go about fixing it.
    FadedMartian likes this.
  2. I vote every day, but don't recall having this issue. A couple of times though (on other sites though/too) it said that I had already voted or gave an error, but it still registered the vote. Could that maybe be happening here too? Also, are you sure that there is no one else on your network voting on that site?
    HazardousCode likes this.
  3. There are other people connected to my wifi voting on that site. I was under the impression that voting sites were specific to a device?
  4. It's specific to IP or device, depending on the site. That's why EMC has many voting sites; not only for advertisement but so homes with several EMC players can all vote.
    HazardousCode likes this.
  5. Does each computer not have its own IP?
  6. They do, but it's a local IP, which the voting site doesn't see. You also have a public IP, which every website/server you connect to can see (including EMC). There are VPN options, but the good ones cost money. I recommend PIA, the simple to use VPN app. A yearly subscription is around $40 and you can use it on any device whether that be your phone, tablet, or computer.
    Sachrock and HazardousCode like this.
  7. That makes sense.

Thanks for the help everybody!