Voter's Elytra

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by DryAgedBeefJerky, Dec 26, 2017.

1. An unbreakable elytra that gives three stacks of fireworks a day, so people won't have to spend rupees on the fireworks. The fireworks would also be soulbound, so when they die, they won't lose the elytra and fireworks.
    aaadam12 and CliffCraft like this.
  2. I could see the elytra being a reward but the 3 stacks of fireworks would be a bit too much cause that's basically giving you free money every day, but! 1 infinite soulbound firework I say that could work. +0
    FadedMartian, kaptrix, 586 and 3 others like this.
  3. This has been suggested before, I suggest searching through previous threads to see what staff had said
    Cuddlytoade likes this.
  4. I would bump it to unbreaking 15-20 because it would be too OP (but it depends on the voters streak)
  5. I could really use this -.-
    I hate ghasts rn
    Your_Face__ likes this.
  6. All voting armour shouldn’t break
  7. I don't think they normally do, I borrowed a buddy's pickaxe last night and it took no damage after 1K blocks
  8. All voting gear is worse than their optimized god counterpart, with the exception being they are unbreakable.

Elytra's only optimized counterpart makes it more difficult to break.

You'd need a debuff to have it fit the voter category (Slowness, maybe? Non-rocket-useable, etc.) so it doesn't 100% outclass enchanted elytra
    ThaKloned likes this.
  9. Items such as Elytra will likely never be added as a voter's rewards. These items are meant to be hard to obtain in Minecraft, as designed by Mojang. Giving them away for free to players would ruin that design, especially being unbreakable as a voter's gear.

Not everything is meant to be easy to obtain. Sometimes, you just have to work for it if you want it. In fact, the wastelands was just reset on EMC, so now is the perfect time to go hunting through the End to see if you can find an Elytra. Or, save up some rupees and buy one, there should be plenty available to purchase now.
  10. Elytra +1, the firework part -10

They are already unbreakable in vanilla Minecraft

For a voter to receive such item, they would already have enough emeralds and money to have a mending book. XP is relatively easy to earn in this game, and to fix the elytra is actually quite cheap. (Assuming this reward, if added, will be vote bonus >=1000)

The only "voter" aspect it would add is that you don't need to take a stop and kill a phew mobs, mine a phew ores, or just throw some xp bottles. Which in my opinion, is quite balanced to the other voter items.

I agree with this part, but the fact that this would probably be (if added) a very high voter bonus item, it is pretty possible that such player will already have an "unbreakable elytra(vanilla +mending and unbreaking)

So I don't really see a problem with adding such item
    b0bbythebuild3r and ThaKloned like this.
  11. Making it soulbound will definitely create what JD is talking about, so I do see the issue now.
  12. Just make it non usable with fireworks. +9001
    mjnoe70 and aaadam12 like this.
  13. And then they would be most useless.

My issue is the common elytra are made harder to get because people who already have wings raid immediately after the waste resets, so those that don't have it, go around to find ships empty.
    Happened to me five times.. (once on the last reset and on four diff smps this time) And I find it unfair... Reminds me of the politics I'm trying to forget about.
  14. By that I'm just pointing out hey either way elytra are way overdone.
  15. Then save up and buy one. They're, what, 50k now? You can easily mine enough quartz to fund that in a weekend.
  16. What is the voter elytra was able to be auto healed each day but only one time a day? This may not be possible, just a different thought. I really don't like the idea of elytra as a voters items though. It would have to be a very high voting number and by that point most players wouldn't have an issue with buying or fixing them.
  17. I don't believe elytra are anywhere near 50k each. While my shop is down, i usually sell ones with mending and unbreaking III for 15k.
    q1zx and NuclearBobomb like this.
  18. Then they're even easier to buy. I remember buying one from poof at 300k, right after they came out. I'm glad they didn't stay that high.
  19. Yeah, I've seen them 12-14k. And with the reset there's no reason you shouldn't go and get one right now, once you get one with mending you're set. (And Unbreaking III) The only way I could see them adding a Voter's Elytra is one where you can't use Fireworks, and meh... It has to be worse than the actual if it's going to be unbreakable and soulbound, and of course, it would be.
    mjnoe70 likes this.
  20. The only way I could see this being added is if they weren't compatible with fireworks and weren't unbreakable, which would almost entirely defeat its purpose. -1.
    mjnoe70 likes this.