Voter Banner Revisions

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by IM4, May 8, 2018.

1. I have been voting for a while and like the rewards I have been getting but I look at these voting Banners and think they make a player look stupid wearing them. Why not have some other head gear, a baseball cap or bandanna or a badge.
    Even if you change it from the banner it still has no real function. Therefore I for one will probably lose interest in making the special effort each day to vote just to get a change in something superficial.
    I purpose that these voter Banner level items (new items not Banners) give a boost to any of the armor, weapons and player's resistance to damage, hunger, water effects and lava / fire effects in the game.
    If this was offered I would definitely keep voting.
  2. I don't recall Minecraft having baseball caps, bandannas, or badges? Seems like the kind of thing you'd need a resource pack and/or server mods for?
    That will almost certainly not happen. Staff have said multiple times that vote items are intentionally less-than-optimal to avoid OP issues. When it comes to equipment, part of the concern is "ruining" the economy by making top-level enchanted tools permanently obsolete. The banners were designed to be purely cosmetic as an intentional act of game balance, and I sincerely doubt that is likely to change. I will agree they look kinda dumb when worn, but you could always just hang 'em up on the wall too.
    You should anyway. Even aside from the obvious benefit of keeping your residence(s) from going derelict, there's plenty of other material gains to be had - rupees, diamonds/emeralds, stable & vault vouchers, the occasional promo or rare item... and of course, anything they add in the future is retroactive, so really there's no downside to taking an extra minute daily and voting on at least one site. Been doing it myself going on almost five years (vote is 1742 as of this post) and it's just an ingrained habit at this point - no "special effort" involved.
    607, RainbowChin and MoreMoople like this.
  3. I think the banners are cool, and they sure capture attention to the wearer... Which is what they should do, voting is a good thing! :p

I mean if they did buffs that'd be great but IDK.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  4. More items, not banners, ARE coming. Certain things are in line ahead of them, so patience.

Items shouldn't be your only incentive to vote however. They are an extra thank you for helping the server grow by boosting us on sites that rank by votes. We can't give you OP items that go too far beyond the usual or it will severely unbalance the game. Some players like cosmetic fun items and that is what the banners are intended for. Not everything will be everyone's cup of tea, and we know that. As said in a previous thread, there ARE more voter items coming.
  5. Heh, the idea of not voting because you get a banner for doing so. Should it matter that you don't care for the Thank You? I like the banners, however I don't wear them, I have them displayed at my residence along with my personally designed 'BZ Banner' matching the colors of my very crudely designed skin . . . If it can even be considered a 'design'.

-BZ-

6. My main concern is that these Banners are dumb looking if worn but if they were a cape, bandanna or some alternate head piece it might be worn by players and be a more usable and coveted symbol of voting status that is more frequently seen than being placed in one's residence.
  7. Another of my ideas about voter rewards would be to have a "Voter's Arrow" maybe at day 400 as a reward. This Arrow would not be lost after you die and indestructible while in the inventory and not used, like normal arrows when shot. I would like to see this arrow to be bright BLUE. LOL

This is the simple version but I'd make it an instant kill, exploding with fire works if I designed it LOL
    Good thing I'm not a Dev LOL
  8. While I am on about voter rewards it came to me to add another of my ideas.
    While character skins have become popular it is of little value to have a personalized skin if no one can see it under your armor.
    So I think if the voter's armor was mostly transparent it would show the skin while also showing the character wearing armor.
  9. As an added attribute this arrow should probably be only used with the Voter's Bow to limit its usage and not nullify enchantments.
  10. Remember EMC doesn't impose resource packs or mods on any of their users. We can only do what's possible within Minecraft.
  11. Please remember that EMC doesn't make Minecraft, and therefore has a significant restrictions on what it can add. For example, we cannot legally add custom capes, can't create bandannas, and can't retexture items without requiring texture packs (which isn't something that we'd like to do).
  12. Sry this is a tad old but maybe stained glass pieces instead of bannersmaybe they give extra health the higher tier banner the more health boost