[VOLUNTEER HELP] Help Create "Anti-Minecon" Party!

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by minecraftgirl30, Jul 18, 2013.

1. New Title:
    "Emcon" Party!

As some of you know, Minecon (the official MineCraft convention :)) is being held on November 2-3, 2013 in Orlando, Florida. However for most of us, this is during the school year even though it's on a weekend. I'm not sure about you, but I won't be making it :(.
    So I was talking with ninjabee2000 about Minecon 2013 and how we both couldn't go when ninjabee brought up a great idea - to have a party for those people who can't make it to Minecon!
    However, we will need a lot of help. (You don't have to be there on the day of the party to help out!) Here is the information so far on the party:

What: An awesome party for those people who can't make it to Minecon!
    When: November 9 - 10
    Info: In a specific place in the Wild, a party will be held with awesome activities and games (see below for games, activities, location, and more).
    Help/Donations: -See below for specific donations and things you can do to help.
    -Rupees are always a huge help. Do /r pay minecraftgirl30 (amount)
    /r pay ninjabee2000 (amount)

Info: Players ride on a minecart through the Nether to a Nether portal which brings them to a specific place in the Wild. Players will take boats/a path to the place where the party will be held.
    Help/Donations: -We need help with fixing the minecart rails to get to the portal (in the Nether).
    -We need help building an easy-to-see path so players know how to get there.
    -Donations of boats, building materials, and rupees would be amazing!

Mob Arena: A classic, and approved as a no PVP game!
    Info: Players fight monsters in a confined space. The winner is the last one standing! They get a rupee prize!
    Help/Donations: -Any iron blocks!
    -Any rupee donations!

Spleef: One of the many activities/games that you can participate in!
    Info: Spleef is a serverwide game on MineCraft. There is a dirt platform above a pit full of water (so you don't get hurt) that all players stand on. With shovels, players try to make their opponents fall by destroying the dirt blocks underneath opponents. (Once you fall, you can't re-enter the game until the next round.) The last one standing wins a prize!
    Help/Donations: -We need donations of stone shovels.
    -We need donations of water buckets.
    -Oak wood stair donations (for bleachers).
    -Glass donations (for around Spleef arena).
    -Any rupee donations are great!
    -Any prizes (any MineCraft items).

Drop Party: One of the many activities during the party!
    Info: If you don't know already, drop parties are where a player(s) in charge stands on a tall-ish platform and they drop MineCraft items into the crowd! This is a great way to get rupees (sell the items) and get free stuff!
    Help/Donations: -We need donations of any MineCraft items (The valuable-er the better!).
    -Any rupee donations!

Building Challenge: A really awesome game.
    Info: This game is where two players at a time compete to build the best structure with only a stack of dirt blocks each! The winner gets a prize!
    Help/Donations: -We need a few stacks (5) of dirt blocks.
    -We need a few iron or diamond shovels (3 at most).
    -(Must be present day of party) People to destroy structures after rounds.
    -Any rupees donations are great!

Do You Know Your MineCraft? "Gameshow": Get a good prize with this game!
    Info: How to play? In a gameshow fashion, four players at a time come up as contestants while a host asks a bunch of challenging questions relating to MineCraft until there's only one person standing! That person wins up to 200r!
    Help/Donations: -We need 1 book and quill.
    -We need birch wood planks..
    -We need birch wood stairs.
    -We need as many rupee donations as possible!

aMAZE-ing (get it?) Maze/Parkour: (After my corny joke) This activity is for those of you who like mazes and parkours and such!
    Info: This is actually a combination of a parkour and a maze. We will make sure it is challengingly (is that a word?) fun and creative. Each round there can be an unlimited number of contestants and they will complete a great parkour/maze! The first one to the finish gets a prize.
    Help/Donations:
    -We preferably (though this is not a must) want a player to stand at the very end of the parkour/maze to see who wins.
    -Many iron blocks are a must if you have any!
    -Any rupee donations!

Other Things: These are not games or activities but will make your experience a little more special.
    Info: -There will be a Treetop Café where we will sell food and drinks (including some potions).
    -There will be a Cake Stand run by ThePieNinja3000 (surprised he's not selling pies?). The cakes will be fore 5r each. Every 30 minutes, the first one to the stand gets a free cake!
    -Other things may pop up! Share your ideas by commenting!
    Help/Donations: -Donations of any MineCraft food, water bottles, milk buckets, and potions would be fabulous!
    -Any cake would be amazing!
    -Any rupee donations, of course.

LamarRamal's "Hot Hoof" Game (as seen on Smp8): Really cool lottery-style game!
    Info: This game has a really interesting concept. The arena is made out of sand on top of wood. On the arena are different colors of sheep. Up to six players bet on which color of sheep will be the last one standing. The host lights the wood on fire and the sand falls as the wood disappears. The last color of sheep standing is the winner, but the real winner is the person who bet on that color of sheep!
    Help/Donations: -We need lots of wood.
    -We need sand/a few iron shovels.
    -Glass would be great along with a big donation of any type of stair.
    -Any rupees are appreciated!

Hotel Rooms On the Trees:e This is a hotel we are currently building... it will consist of a lot of hotel rooms built on the jungle trees!
    Info: These rooms have windows at every glance so you can see the amazing view from the trees. Bridges connect the hotel together and it has a bed, double chest, crafting table, furnace, balconey w/ a chair, and more! Since the party goes for two days, we are building you a place to stay.
    Help/Donations: -Any yellow wool is really needed.
    -Glowstone is a must! Please donate if you have any extra blocks.
    -Jungle wood planks would be great!
    -Any rupee donations are always fabulous.

Matching Sheep: Game created by ninjabee...
    Info: This cool game is another sheep one... We have 40 different sheep. There are ten of each color. There are four teams of 2 players with leather armor dyed the color of their sheep team. With wheat, they lead their ten sheep into a hole. First one to do this wins (or if we do it with a stopwatch, the teams who do it win!)
    Help/Donations: -Any sheep spawn eggs!
    -Any colored dye: yellow, red, blue, green.
    -We need someone to host this!
    -Wheat would be amazing!
    -Rupees...

Thank you to those who donate! Further information about the party itself will be on a thread written closer to the actual day of the party. If you want to donate any items, please either give them to me, minecraftgirl30, or ninjabee2000. We can be found (usually) on SMP1. My residence is 2634 and there will be hoppers there where you can donate. ninjabee2000's residence is 2122. If you donate rupees, please let me know. Also, one of the events we are planning requires a diamond supporter. If you are one willing to help please let one of us know in the comments section below, by starting a conversation, or private messaging us online. Thanks again!

-minecraftgirl30 :)
  2. I can be a host! And can I make other stuff?
  3. Yyyyeah!!! I will be there! Can I suggest horse races?
  4. Eh, I don't really like the name, "Anti" Minecon...
  5. Can you please use more 'eye friendly' text and I'll actually read the OP :p
    PenguinDJ likes this.

6. As some of you know, Minecon (the official MineCraft convention :)) is being held on November 2-3, 2013 in Orlando, Florida. However for most of us, this is during the school year even though it's on a weekend. I'm not sure about you, but I won't be making it :(.
    So I was talking with ninjabee2000 about Minecon 2013 and how we both couldn't go when ninjabee brought up a great idea - to have a party for those people who can't make it to Minecon!
    However, we will need a lot of help. (You don't have to be there on the day of the party to help out!) Here is the information so far on the party:

What: An awesome party for those people who can't make it to Minecon!
    When: Days of Minecon: Saturday, November 2nd and Sunday, November 3rd (subject to change)
    Info: In a specific place in the Wild, a party will be held with awesome activities and games (see below for games, activities, location, and more).
    Help/Donations: -See below for specific donations and things you can do to help.
    -Rupees are always a huge help. Do /r pay minecraftgirl30 (amount)
    /r pay ninjabee2000 (amount)

Info: Players ride on a minecart through the Nether to a Nether portal which brings them to a specific place in the Wild. Players will take boats/a path to the place where the party will be held.
    Help/Donations: -We need help with fixing the minecart rails to get to the portal (in the Nether).
    -We need help building an easy-to-see path so players know how to get there.
    -Donations of boats, building materials, and rupees would be amazing!

Spleef: One of the many activities/games that you can participate in!
    Info: Spleef is a serverwide game on MineCraft. There is a dirt platform above a pit full of water (so you don't get hurt) that all players stand on. With shovels, players try to make their opponents fall by destroying the dirt blocks underneath opponents. (Once you fall, you can't re-enter the game until the next round.) The last one standing wins a prize!
    Help/Donations: -We need donations of stone shovels.
    -We need donations of water buckets.
    -(If you are present the day of party) People to rebuild the arena after rounds.
    -Oak wood stair donations (for bleachers).
    -Glass donations (for around Spleef arena).
    -(Must be present day of party) People to make sure people who got out stay out!
    -Any rupee donations are great!

Drop Party: One of the many activities during the party!
    Info: If you don't know already, drop parties are where a player(s) in charge stands on a tall-ish platform and they drop MineCraft items into the crowd! This is a great way to get rupees (sell the items) and get free stuff!
    Help/Donations: -We need donations of any MineCraft items (The valuable-er the better!).
    -Any rupee donations!

Building Challenge: A really awesome game.
    Info: This game is where two players at a time compete to build the best structure with only a stack of dirt blocks each! The winner gets a prize!
    Help/Donations: -We need a few stacks (5) of dirt blocks.
    -We need a few iron or diamond shovels (3 at most).
    -(Must be present day of party) People to destroy structures after rounds.
    -Any rupees donations are great!

Do You Know Your MineCraft? "Gameshow": Get a good prize with this game!
    Info: How to play? In a gameshow fashion, four players at a time come up as contestants while a host asks a bunch of challenging questions relating to MineCraft until there's only one person standing! That person wins up to 200r!
    Help/Donations: -We need 1 book and quill.
    -We need birch wood planks.
    -We may need a player to be the host on the day of the party.
    -We need birch wood stairs.
    -We need as many rupee donations as possible!

Other Things: These are not games or activities but will make your experience a little more special.
    Info: -There will be a Treetop Café where we will sell food and drinks (including some potions).
    -There will be a Cake Stand run by ThePieNinja3000 (surprised he's not selling pies?). The cakes will be fore 5r each. Every 30 minutes, the first one to the stand gets a free cake!
    -Other things may pop up! Share your ideas by commenting!

Thank you to those who donate! Further information about the party itself will be on a thread written closer to the actual day of the party. If you want to donate any items, please either give them to me, minecraftgirl30, or ninjabee2000. We can be found (usually) on SMP1. My residence is 2634 and there will be hoppers there where you can donate. ninjabee2000's residence is 2122. If you donate rupees, please let me know. Thanks again!

-minecraftgirl30 :)

Enjoy!
  7. chascarrillo i don't know about horse races but hopefully 1.6.2 well come out soon if it does however i would love you to host the horse racing for our anti-Minecon Party we haven't really set up everything so far we just started ;) One thing i can let you know is that we set up the location its in at a jungle biome

8. Yay.
    I finaly know people who can't fly to Florida to enjoy the minecon.
    I'm not alone. :D
    colepuncher and jacob5089 like this.
  9. >fly
    implying i have to leave my state
  10. Can I host spleef?
  11. Can I host the Gameshow?
  12. Please let me know if you have a better name... again we have just started planning this :).

Yes. Well, have you played Spleef before? If you have, it will probably be better for you to host than for an unexperienced person;).
    You can play on EMC on November 2nd and 3rd, right?
    (ninjabee2000 or me will show you where the party will be held closer to the days of the event).

Just so you know, you'll be responsible for keeping people who have gotten out that round out of the arena until the next round. Also you will have to make an announcement every time a new Spleef round is about to begin :).

You will also announce who has won and will award people their prizes!

If you have any questions feel free to private message me (/tell minecraftgirl30 {message}) or reply to this comment.
  13. minecon afterparty! or how about emcon!
  14. Yes, but it will be a little harder than hosting other activity stuff.
    (ninjabee2000 or me will show you where the party will be held closer to the days of the event).

If someone ends up donating a book and quill, I'll make you a book that has all of the questions that you ask the contestants, and the answers. In the book, I'll also put what to say to being the gameshow and how it works :).

Also you will have to announce who has won, award the winner the prize, and you will have to announce when a new round of the gameshow will begin.

For further info, you can private message me (/tell minecraftgirl30 {message}) or reply to this comment :).
  15. Sorry about that :D.
  16. i have announced a fun new mini game were adding to the official emcon that's our new name the maze players can go and walk threw the puzlleing parkour maze we need a good maze builder to bee our host if you got any questions please contact me at the smp1 server using /msg ninjabee2000 if im not logged on you can also contact minecraftgirl30 if im not logged on using /msg minecraftgirl30
    bitemenow15 likes this.
  17. Also, another way anyone can help is bring cake.
    We will be having a cake stand so cakes will be appreciated. =)
  18. Perhaps it would be better if this was held either the weekend before or after Minecon as there are livestreams of the event that quite a lot of people would like to see 'live' and going to this party would mean not being able to see the live streams... Just something to think about, I absolutely love this idea though :D
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx likes this.
  19. i agree with this for two reasons one of which was stated above
    also it allows the people going to minecon to attend as well and if it was after we can swap stories and pictures and stuff
    _Stads_ likes this.