Villager breeder

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Impaxis, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Thanks I will try that if I cannot get this one going. In another thread Skare mentioned not using more then 1 Farmer villager as a breeder. I'm trying that now to see what happens. I will report back here so others can know.

Thanks JD :)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  2. Back in my newbie days, i made a small one that did works, just surround a wood 3 block tall square with doors (PUT THEM EVVVERYYWHEEERRREE) and plant some potatoes in there. It may take a bit but you will get babies eventually.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  3. -> make sure they are in direct sunlight (not underground)
    -> fill their inventory until they start throwing out some (then you know their inventory is full)
    -> trade with them a couple of times (makes them ready)
    -> add doors (make sure it is house acceptable)
    -> sit back they should start doing something (but of course it could happen that they are not synchronized, one has heart and the other doesn't. Be patient.)

I own many villagers and also helped other players.. the results are always the same.

Villager do not have a food item; they will breed of their own accord (and in their own time) depending on the available houses, or at least "registered doors", and whether or not they have bread, carrots, potatoes, or beetroots in their inventory, or have been trading with the player.

Source: http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Breeding
  4. Tried both and got nothing. Trying 1 more, then I'm done.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  5. Yeah I tried many villager breeders as well. Got impatient and just bought mine.
    Equinox_Boss and ThaKloned like this.
  6. Well I got 3 babies this time. Also was not aware that they have to wait 20 mins to breed again. so thanks MCSaw :D

We'll let this one go for longer and see what happens :)
    Equinox_Boss and MCSaw like this.
  7. Yeah, the one I use takes about an hour to start, its not immediate. Villagers aren't like regular mobs, they pretty much breed whenever and as much as they like, you just have to create a situation that encourages them to breed when you need them to and how many you need them to make. At least, that has been my experience and the way I have come to understand them over time.
  8. So I ended up with 4 villagers overnight. Maybe they are not being flushed far enough away? How far should they go to be outside the village?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  9. The village center is the geometric center point, or "average coordinates" of all the doors. The village radius is the distance from this center point to the furthest door, or 32 blocks, whichever is greater. This means that the radius is always at least 32, no matter what, but it can be more than that if there are any houses further than 32 blocks from the center. If there are any, then the radius is the distance to the furthest one, instead. Both the center point and radius are rounded to whole numbers; It is unclear if they round up, down, or to the nearest integer.

source: http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Tutorials/Village_mechanics (Terminology)

To save yourself calculation work and time just eggify them (babies), simple but effective.
  10. So I extended the water trench 32+ blocks away and woke up this morning with 23 new villagers :D Before it seemed to cap it at 4 new ones then stop. Finally getting somewhere :p
    RaiinNL likes this.
  11. nice to hear that. ;)
    ThaKloned likes this.