Video Game Collections

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by MigrantMove, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Thanks for the offer, I'll keep it in mind if I need any help.
    I cleaned out my remaining carts and the controller screw holes as well.
    As for the job, there's only one place that's close enough to commute to that hires 15 year olds, and that's a McDonalds' that can't hire anybody else. I have to wait less than a year though, so I can find some sort of income (though once I actually have a job I need to save for Bronycon spending money and a costume...).
    As for my shopping, NJ is worthless when it comes to flea markets, there are a couple thrift stores but they're at least half hour drives, and my parents would kill me for trying to use Craigslist. Fortunately there is a specialized store (Digital Press Videogames) that I can go to; the prices there seem to be in-line with what they should be.
  2. Okay, so, I promise I would post here, so I'll do that now:p (Lol, are all the pics upside-down? I guess I'll have to rotate them and upload them again:p

This is my nintendo wii, bought it myself, maybe over two years ago wii.jpg I got Mario Kart Wii with the console, got HM:AP for my birthday, someone bought the sports disk on a flea market, and I got super mario galaxy from ebay. wii spelletjes.jpg The first handheld I ever got was a yellow gameboy color. I got it for my birthday a looong time ago, and I was really, really happy with it. I got two games with it: super mario bros deluxe and lego racers. Most of the other games I bought from a dutch ebay-like website. A little before we moved I got my GBA. It's a gameboy SP tribal edition with backlight. I got mario kart: super circuit and wario land 4 with it. I got most of the other games later from my parents, cause when my dad bought it he got a lot games with it. My sis has a twin brother of mine, in fact the serial numbers is just like 12 later, so yeah, they were bought at the same time. She also got a link cable and some games, but I'm not going to show her stuff. gbc en gba sp.jpg This are all the gameboy, gameboy color and gameboy advance games I got. My little bro got 2 advance games and my sis like 5, but I didn't make pics of their stuff. The one without a label is something like finding nemo 2, but the label fell of. gb, gbc, en gba spelletjes.jpg Now for the good part: Our own Atari ST! I played on this since very young, and still love to hear the sounds of this awesome computer. Yes, this is the only time when I love long loading games, cause the sound of Atari struggling to get the game ready is nostalgic for me. We got two joysticks, but one of them doesn't seem to work anymore. The monitor is an Atari 1084S one, the computer itself and thus the keyboard an Atari 1040ST, like seen on the picture. Atari + atributen.jpg Now, the floppys. Yes, we got a lot games:p It turned out that a big part of them are illegal, but back when my father got them he didn't know that, cause he got them from a friend, and anyways, they aren't being sold anymore anyways, so I don't think I have to feel guilty while playing Lemmings. My favorite games besides Lemmings are Dizzy ones, I think the yolkfolk is my favorite. I also play Lotus III a lot, it has great music and the ability to make your own tracks, like you can do in minecraft with a seed is really cool. A part of the floppys are games that my dad programmed himself, unluckily a lot of them don't work anymore, cause, well, they are old, obviously. We have a lot of GFA-Basic stuff, when anyone recognises(or still uses) that programming language. Anyways, it's time for the pic, you can't see the titles on it, but let's just say we got a lot of the classics:D floppy's.jpg Yes, we have way more than 100. Never counted, but way more ;)
    Kaizimir and SparerToaster like this.
  3. ''lol look at how many games i have im rich ur not lol''
    steam games.PNG

I got most of them from Humble Bundles though.
  4. Both the Atari computer and GBA make me jealous. The Atari because that's very collectible and I don't think Atari computers were all too widespread (at least, they didn't do all that well) and the GBA because that was my first console and idiot past me decided to sell it. And a lot of collectors I met say to own a GBA since it can play any game in the Gameboy line.

I count 31. I'm 36 games ahead of you. :p

As for my own collection, I recently went to an event at a local gaming store called NAVA (North Atlantic Videogame Aficionados). They were putting on their Handheld Expo 2013 (which means everybody plays old handheld consoles from the pre-Gameboy era). They didn't have much in the way of interesting games for my Gameboy but I was able to buy a few things for my Genesis. So I now have Sonic 2 and Mortal Kombat (both boxed with manual) and a loose cart for Streets of Rage. Plus a 6 button controller. I'll take some pictures of my DS stuff when I get home and put them on here.
    607 likes this.
  5. Not really, it just didn't fit... :p I'm at 57 games, but I'll buy the new Humble Bundle this week, so about 63-64. xD
  6. Beautiful! Thanks for the share 607! If a couple more people share their pictures, I will take a run to my storage and take some more pics. I will see if I can line up my gameboys for some pictures also. I purchased the original black and white gameboy way back in the day, and later on, a gameboy advanced. (translucent purple, whatever color name that is). Got the orange and green SP, and a silver DS and a red DS. Couple original gameboys now, but a few are untested.

Wario games! I love wario.

How is that harvest moon game? Ive seen it around, but have not picked it up. I remember playing the original, think was on the snes or 64...cant remember which.
    607 likes this.
  7. I see plants VS zombies!
  8. Ha I got Plants VS Zombies for both the 360 and for the DS. Fun as heck, especially 2 player mode so I can play it with the sack.
    He runs about sticking the zombies with budder while I set up the defense. Man, now I want to play it!
  9. http://wastedonsteam.com/usd/id/jakres
    Scroll down and you see all my steam games since I'm lazy to write it down.
    I got PS3 in August 2011.

Oh and I forgot to put Assassin's creed Brotherhood and ACIII into the picture >_>
    highlancer54 likes this.
  10. I own over 400 games. ill get pictures in and edit this post, but for now ill post my origin and steam games.
    Ill try and get pictures for everything else, but i dont have anything that's of good quality.
    Steam games.PNG Origin games.PNG
    highlancer54 likes this.
  11. I would really like to take the time to see your pictures! :)
    Wario land was the first series I really bought games for. Cause I got wl 3 from a friend, I searched for sml3 and wlII, and later I got wl 4. As for the harvest moon: You mean animal parade(wii) or mineral town(gba)?
    I do really like harvest moon: friends of mineral town, to me it only got bored when you like play almost every day, and you get to one year in-game time, it can get a little repetive. It stays active until now though, cause I'm finally proposed! :D
    For animal parade, it has a good story and a lot of different things to collect, but I don't play it as much, I think because it is kinda slow. When with gba you could play 3 game days when you got some time, in ap every day is at least 25 real life minutes, and with the fact that on the wii you can only save at home, animal parade is for me less compatible.It looks great though and you have to do a lot, but I prefer the easy playing of the GBA, that's also why I overall prefer handhelds above consoles.
  12. Oh lord... I'll only list a few of my PS2 and PS1 games. I have too many of those.

PS1 (what got me started on gaming, 11 years ago):
    • Spyro The Dragon
    • Medal Of Honor (when it was good, not the 2010 reboot rubbish)
    • A few racing games
    PS2
    • Medal Of Honor: Frontline
    • Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
    • Star Wars Battlefront II
    • Spiderman: Web Of Shadows
    • Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
    • Soulcalibur III
    • Need For Speed: Carbon
    • Star Wars Battlefront
    • The Simpsons Hit & Run
    • LEGO Star Wars
    • LEGO Star Wars II
    • Tomb Raider: Legend
    • Pac-Man World 2
    • Turok: Evolution
    • A bunch of other games, resulting into like, 200 games.
    PS3:

• Battlefield 3
    • Ratcher & Clank: Tools Of Destruction
    • Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Episode I
    • LittleBigPlanet
    • LittleBigPlanet 2
    • LittleBigPlanet Karting or whatever it's called
    • ModNation Racers
    • Call Of Duty: Black Ops II
    • Medal Of Honor 2010
    • Ragdoll Kung Fu
    • The Orange Box
    • A ton more. Also note I only own 2 of the games listed here, the rest are owned by my other brother and sister :p (And my dad). I have shared ownership over one of them ;)
    PC:

• Minecraft (The game that got me into playing games on a PC...)
    • Overgrowth
    • Batman Arkham Asylum
    • Batman Arkham City
    • The Binding Of Isaac
    • Command And Conquer: Red Alert 3
    • Crysis 2
    • DOTA 2 (I was a BETA tester :3)
    • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    • F.E.A.R
    • F.E.A.R 2
    • F.E.A.R 3
    • Fallout 3
    • Fallout: New Vegas
    • Guardians Of Middle-Earth
    • Hitman: Absolution
    • Hitman: Sniper Challenge
    • Left 4 Dead 2
    • LIMBO
    • Lord Of The Rings: WITN
    • Magicka
    • Medal Of Honor 2010
    • Mirror's Edge
    • Mortal Kombat Kollection
    • Portal 2
    • Project Zomboid
    • Scribblenauts Unlimited
    • Civilization V
    • Terraria
    • The Walking Dead
    • And a few more :p (Sims 2, Simcity 2013, aaaannnddd Sims 3)
    highlancer54 likes this.
  13. OK, here is a few more...
    And notice WARIO!

Attached Files:

14. And another couple.... If you look closely, you might be able to see biteme in 3642! (Yes, I put him next the awesome KOTR!)

Attached Files:

15. And the last couple. A portion of the portable stuff.

Hope 'yall like it. Keep sharing and I will put more stuff up. I think I may do a retro genesis!

Attached Files:

16. Thanks for the gb and gba pics. And my brother has that cars game! It's a pretty hard game for beginners actually, even while the theme lets you think it's for younger children. I have a question for you: which languages can you select? I believe there are different versions.

Anyways, I got really lucky today. We had sinterklaas at school, and I got donkey kong country from a girl. I do really appreciate how long she searched, cause it's not that easy to get a gbc game when you don't know anything about gaming, nowadays. So I'm happy with that, it works perfectly fine until now:D