Show your vault number

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by AncientTower, Jan 16, 2016.

?

How many Vault pages do you have

1 7 vote(s) 15.9%
2-4 5 vote(s) 11.4%
5 max to allow free access 3 vote(s) 6.8%
6-10 7 vote(s) 15.9%
11-20 13 vote(s) 29.5%
21-49 8 vote(s) 18.2%
50-100 6 vote(s) 13.6%
101-149 2 vote(s) 4.5%
150-255 1 vote(s) 2.3%
Maxed Capacity 256 2 vote(s) 4.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Was it Skarecboi? He is the only one with that many vault pages :p
  2. Why didn't you use an Integer? Even with 32-bit, I wouldn't think anyone could ever get to 2147483647 Vault Pages :p
  3. I have 10 on my main, 5 on my alternative accounts.
    JesseJames_ likes this.
  4. because why use something that should theoretically never happen?

Vault was created years ago, and back then vault vouchers didn't exists the theoretical cap back then was the max allowed through your supporter rank, so it was impossible to hit 256.
    Ch33zus, 607, ShelLuser and 1 other person like this.
  5. I have 50 all have their own name, vault 1, vault 2, vault 3, vau...... :p

I did use them all the time but to busy to play these days
    607 and AncientTower like this.
  6. I have 5 vault pages, at first just to remove the 10r fee, but now I also often use them JUST for travelling, or really temporary storage. I don't have a stock set of stuff, or a vault page dedicated to some special thing.
  7. Bump.......When i started this post i had 13 vault pages. I'm now up to 20. What's your count up to?
  8. A bit over 100 I think, like 101 or 102? I use them all for storage pretty much, even though they are all super unorganized and I can never find anything :)
    CallMeTower likes this.
  9. I wonder what they'll use 256 Vault Pages for.
    Ultimate_GG and CallMeTower like this.
  10. I have 5 pages & 14 vouchers lying around. I got to 5 pages just so I wouldn't have to pay to open the vault. I only really use the vault when delivering DCs of auction items and things like that. I'm rarely in town these days & vault is useless in the wild .
    CallMeTower likes this.
  11. I only has 128 pages but also have close to 300 vouchers. Was saving up to get 1000 pages but then got told that physical max was 256 since the data is saved in 8bit. So I'll probably keep hoarding them until I decide to do something with them.

You can watch me make it to 128 on this video.

Will probably make another video soon to get to 255.
    ShelLuser, Ch33zus, 607 and 4 others like this.
  12. I have 20 and I use them all. Half for named storage of ores, enchanted gear, other commonly sold items. Other half for random temporary transport across servers. Sometimes gets a little cramped, but not so much that I'd want to deal with sorting more.
    CallMeTower likes this.
  13. The problem with vault pages is that once you start expanding and actually use them a bit then it'll grow out of control soon ;)

I started with 1 and eventually got a voucher and added another one. First was 'transfer' to transfer stuff, second was 'mining' to... you guessed it. "I don't need more than 2" I thought. So then I ran into more auctions and since that often involves whole DC's it didn't take too long to get an 'auction' page. So now that I was so close to 5 (free vault usage!) surely I should be able to expand? And that was the beginning of the end because I started using those 2 pages for more serious purposes: storing of redstone stuff.

And what do you know? I went over to someone who I was going to help with redstone, I needed more repeaters (which the person was going to buy) but in the mean time I simply opened up my vault, grabbed what I needed and continued the build. Surely I could store some potions as well?

And now that I had potions stored.... My book collection ran amok. What started as a doublechest full of enchanted books and some written books quickly turned to one full chest of written books (think Kephras' bookshop, Hashhog's inkstain and several books which people sent me) and some enchanted books. Most had to be relocated. Know what? Lets get a vaultpage for that! :D

So now I got a vault page for enchanted books, potions, cobblestone, dirt, auctions, GRIP, redstone, running projects, common transfer (between servers), 'stuff' (misc items), glass, hardened clay, colored clay, 'vault' (expensive items), 'promos' (stuff which doesn't fit in my promo chest any longer, like several stacks of shiny arrows), 'event' (upcoming event mats)...

All in all 20 pages :p

My alt has 5 pages, sponsored by me. Stuff for auctions, GRIP, and 3 misc pages. The main reason I set him up with 5 is to have free access.

hmm, so does that mean that I got 25 in total? ;)
    607, JesusPower2 and AncientTower like this.
  14. 21 pages but gonna be 22 soon. and i blame that guy above me 4 it ^.^

on my 1st day on emc shell got me 3 vault vouchers so i could store and move my stuff. all my chests were filled with 12 dc of stuff. so then i made 5 pages and got more when i moved from smp6 to smp4 and everytime i got a voucher i added a page ^.^
  15. 3 pages. you owe me 10 rupees.
    Because I couldn't remember, that's why!
  16. 16 and they're very useful in my opinion :)
    Shall we move over to a 32-bit integer now? ;)
    CallMeTower likes this.
  17. there really isn't a good reason to have more than 255 vault pages. just because isn't really very convincing argument for most things :p

I have about 50 vault pages. all have been full multiple times. I keep the first 12 pages full with enchanting books and stuff to enchant with. most of the rest I use for drop parties or moving ridiculous amounts of stuff around. I usually keep page 30-35 full of some random crap that I don't feel like organizing.
    ShelLuser, CallMeTower and AyanamiKun like this.
  18. Why didn't you just do /vault list to find out?
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  19. you never need to build another storage room ever again!!