Vault Pages - Empty Vault Button v2

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Grimm_Pantalones, May 26, 2021.

?

Do you think there should be a button in the vault window that allows you to empty the vault page?

Poll closed Aug 24, 2021.
1 - Yes. I think it would be a great feature to improve the vault system 3 vote(s) 60.0%
2 - Yes, but only after some improvements are made to the concept 2 vote(s) 40.0%
3 - Not sure. / I don't use vaults enough to decide either way. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
4 - No. I don't see it being a good feature, unless serious changes were made to the concept. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
5 - No. I don't see any way it could be beneficial to the vault system. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. The Problem:
    Vaults can get chaotic when you have a lot of pages, and it is time consuming to empty them when dealing with a lot that have random stuff in each (IE there aren't just 20 vaults with only dirt in them, that's easy).

A way to quickly and easily empty vaults would assist in not only moving items but vault-based item management as well.

The Solution:
    A button at the top of the vault GUI OR top of vault page when inside the individual vaults. clicking it brings up a confirmation window to dump all vault items on the ground.

An Ideal Solution:
    It'd be great if there could be one for ALL vault pages, but I could see this causing server lag if somebody tries emptying 200 pages of stuff into one space. So while that'd be most ideal a intermediate ability could on the main vault gui (for selecting which page); you click on that one and can choose up to 10 at a time you want to empty). That's probably too complicated to enact, just throwing this as an improved solution instead of dumping the individual pages.

People still break dozens of DCs of stuff at a time to move/reorganize, but it isn't a constant thing occurring, so I don't think having the option for individual pages would be too much an issue; and if there were abusers of it obviously mods could take action ofc.

Thoughts?

(ignore the other post. screwed up creating the poll and just remaking the whole thread since you can't modify polls. )
    607 likes this.
  2. I am responding to a lot of your threads today :p

First of all, doing this is already possible with client-side mods. Downloading Masa's Item Scroller would allow you to do something like this, for example.

As for the possebility of implementing this: I definetly think that the basic idea is possible, however, changing the vault GUI might be more dificult. Remember: EMC doesn't require client-side mods, meaning that everything that it does must be accessable with a vanilla client.

As for use: I personally wouldn't use this, as I have Item Scroller installed, and just use the functionalities of that. (Where it simply has a shortcut) I don't know if anyone else would find a use for it, since most people on EMC have client mods installed, but it wouldn't hurt me either, so another +0 from me :)
    wafflecoffee and 607 like this.
  3. Interesting to know there is a client-side mod that assists with some of this. Thanks for the info Egeau. :)
    607 likes this.
  4. It is not possible to add new buttons inside the vault menu as the slots are all filled by the items themselves. (Without requiring a client mod - which is not an option).

That kind of puts the suggestion in confusing territory. Feel free to make comments explaining that issue away. :)
    607 likes this.
  5. We used to have extra buttons in the vault GUI, but that was made impossible to improve stability (I forgot whether it was by Mojang or by Bukkit or whatever), unfortunately.
    This could be done using a different chest, though, like the vault page overview. Personally, I'm fine with just shift-clicking the items one by one, but I could see why this function would be very nice for some.
    I'm not sure if Egeau is right, in that most people on EMC have client mods installed. In fact, I think he's wrong. But I don't know. :p It would be nice to know how many people would benefit from this, as it would probably cost some effort and time to implement.
  6. It was made impossible by the vanilla client (so Mojang).
    607 likes this.
  7. Would it be possible to add the button on the main vault page down on the bottom row (where the arrow buttons are for paging through vaults)? Click that button, and then click the vault you want emptied? I'd think that'd be a way around not being able to do it within the vault itself
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  8. Have you tried /vault list?
  9. Yes, see here.
    /vaults is a shorter alias. Also, yes, it would be possible to add the button there.
    Grimm_Pantalones likes this.