Vault Assistant-ish

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Velma_T_Jinkies, Jun 24, 2021.

?

Would colored vault page numbers be something helpful?

Yes 8 vote(s) 80.0%
No 2 vote(s) 20.0%
  1. Hola!

Velmie here with my two cents. I would like to suggest something of a vault assistant. Hear me out...
    I have only 25 vault pages, but I hate having them filled. Call it OCD, it just bugs me. My suggestion is something to aid ppl like me by highlighting the vault page number if there is actually stuffs in that particular page. The page number is white currently. I suggest it be yellow or blue if it's got contents. I think that would still be considerate for those who might be colorblind...if that matters. Just trying to be inclusive. Let me know what ya think.

Thanks,
    <3 V
    607, Decay_ed, dayzboy200 and 2 others like this.
  2. Why don't you just rename the vault page if it has something in it?
    That's what I do. My vault pages are very organized and I name the pages based on what's in that vault.
    This only works if you sort your vault pages, of course :p
  3. As I said above, I typically keep my vault empty. It would be far easier if the page number indicated what was there, rather than the extra keystrokes to rename it constantly. I love efficiency.
    607 likes this.
  4. I'm for any variation of this. Colored page #'s, mouse hover info like shulker boxes, etc, anything would be nice to distinguish empty vaults from ones with items.

+1
  5. Yes, I would find this useful too!
    I use my vault to empty my inventory in sometimes, when I don't have time to put everything into the proper chest. It doesn't seem efficient to rename it to 'full', then, and I might also forget to remove the name after sorting it out.

Nice suggestion!
    liamwill and Velma_T_Jinkies like this.
  6. This would be very useful for me, I often wonder if I've fully cleared my vaults or not. Great idea! :D

Perhaps a suggestion to add to this, is also something to tell that a vault is filled to the brim, so you can see which vaults are fully filled (with DCs). :)
    liamwill and Velma_T_Jinkies like this.
  7. Then I guess that full vaults should be red, partially full should be yellow, and empty should be green.
    In addition, hovering over the icon should say "FULL" "P FULL" or "EMPTY".
    liamwill likes this.
  8. I'm not that into colors for status, but I can see some sort of status bar like the item wear indicator under each tab. It's not there if the tab is empty if not, the indicator shows the percentage of slots used.

The naming feature provides all the support I need. I organize tab content, not have them full/empty of random things.
  9. I like the sound of having different colors, either chosen or based on fullness. How about changing the icon of a vaults automatically to match the item in the upper left corner?
  10. The changing of icons in /vaults is a diamond supporter feature. (They just click the vault page with the item they want to be the icon).

I'm uncertain on any automatic coloring of vault page names/numbers. Would require a notable amount of change. Maybe something similar we can look into more in the future, neck deep on 1.17 currently.
    607 likes this.
  11. Ahhh, forgot about that being a Diamond supporter feature! Guess I'll just need to upgrade :^) And 1.17 certainly is more important. Thanks for all you do!
    607 likes this.