Underwater Hotel

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ShadyShannon, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Alright...so, I'll ask him as soon as I can. There are only 7 bubbles...so there is a limited amount of space. xP As I said, I'll try to get him to make a bubble over each of the little half bubbles, so there will be 14 instead of only 7. :)
  2. Hehe, thank you for the kind words. I'm glad to have given you a lover. :)
  3. This... is way more interest than I expected to get. A quick update though:

• Coming Soon: A sheep, wheat and Melon farm located somewhere on the residence that renters/owners will be able to use freely (after paying a small fee)
    • All chests and residences are guaranteed to be insured against griefing/stealing up to 5k Rupees (Only 2 people will ever have container flags on the residence regardless).
    • Floors, lighting, and placement of personal items will soon be able to be given out (with supervision, of course).
    • Buyers/Renters will be able to purchase flag rights on the residence (Use, etc.) On a trust based-basis.
    • Free Weekly item giveaways (And more random goodies you may find in your chests :p)
    margaritte and ShadyShannon like this.
  4. My question to all of you is: How much would YOU be willing to pay for this (the most you'd pay). Again, SMP 8, Res. # 16007. If you wish to look at it, go ahead.
  5. Also: The going price right now is 1k to buy a dome. Renting is also available.
  6. Im making my underwater condos. Its smaller, and so its hard to make tunnels between the condos, i just have little staircases to go on them. It looks cool from the top on the lake or from the rooms, but not in the water.
  7. Update again -

• The Free Melon and Wheat Farm are fully operational (to owners only). Simply pull a level and it harvests the melons. The wheat is more tricky, since I dont know what flag planting falls udner (Will find out) but simply pull a lever and water harvests the wheat for you.
    • Free sheep shearing to owners is coming soon, with the sheep already in place. Only need to put some teleporting pads there.
    margaritte likes this.
  8. Since I cant dit the first post >.<

• Each room will come equipped with its own private Max level (or low level) Enchantment table.
    • The shop will eventually sel very low pried essentials to owners (Iron, sticks, torches, etc.)
    • The Idea here is that, if you want to play on smp8, you will never need another residence than this.
    And.. this will happen when I get a chance :p I've lsot shady for the foreseeable future, so this is a one man project as of now.
  9. Hmmmm welll it looks awesome from the pic you gave out I guess come to smp8 to check out in person, and I liking it has it's own style to it
  10. You, uh, LOST Shannon?
    How exactly did this misfortune occur?
  11. I took her to the stoer and she got out of her harness, somehow. I swear that leash was tighter!
    SecretAznEks and B4DMAN5IMON like this.
  12. Looks pretty cool going to check it out now!
  13. That's Amazing!!!!! It must have taken you ages to make!
  14. It's just awesome, good job!

I had the idea a few weeks ago (probably while you were building yours), but my progress was somewhat limited by the lack of TNT (it still is) and I tend to work slowly.

I planned to originally build something like that, changed the plans, then changed them again until the plan was to make a massive underwater dome of solid gold brick and fill that with hotel rooms. The idea seemed okay until I realized that it required over 26,000 gold ingots. It also seems like a waste since it doesn't showcase the underwater qualities of the hotel.

I think you've inspired me to change it back to glass: I kinda like the effect. I'll just have to find something to add to it to make it unique.

I just have to say it again though: great job on your hotel!
  15. I appreciate it. :) All of the TNT work was Nerone. He also designed the domes, and did the water. So a lot of it was him. I just bought some of the materials and made the underwater path, store, and inside each dome look pretty. :) Every great thing needs a woman's touch. ;)
  16. Yea, I don't like being held captive by people who can't spell store. :) And don't judge me. . .stores are awesome.
    SecretAznEks and margaritte like this.
  17. Thank you very much. And actually...it took us 3 days to make. With only 6 or so hours intervals per day. Wasn't that difficult with the TNT. Plus, I can work while he's gone, and he can work while I'm gone, so we just got everything done without a problem. :)
    B4DMAN5IMON likes this.
  18. This.... is.... BEAUTIFUL!
  19. Thank you very much. :) For the compliment, and for my 200th post. :)
  20. Glad to oblige