Uncovering my past...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Otus_NigRum, Jul 10, 2018.

1. So while trying to find any evidence of my past self on any minecraft related websites, I stumbled upon my old Enjin account from 2013
    https://www.enjin.com/profile/6012707

I would like to mention that the server that this page was related to has been long gone deleted, along with the website, and there are no mentions of that server IP address.

Reading my past messages on my profile and others profiles radiate immense cringe levels. Damn dude, I seemed really excited with the way I typed back then. It's sad to see all of those faces I used to hang out with gone now, I still remember the great times I had with them, but now all is lost, just old memories stuck with us. Hopefully I can find those old friends though, wouldn't that reunitement be amazing?

I also found out that my first name change was apparently Old_ManDens.. I don't know why, but I guess my 2016 self thought it was cool. Oh, and if you didn't know my original username was Huntergamer113... Yeah, I was 9 when I came up with that.
    ChespinLover77 likes this.
  2. Those people missing you. :c
    I don't see too many posts from you, however.
    But why is all lost? Couldn't you try to contact some of them, if you wanted?
    Edit: Also... that means you're 14 or 15 now? :o I thought you were older. :p But that happens quite often on EMC.
    ChespinLover77 likes this.
  3. I only have contact with the admin who plays on steam quite a bit, yesterday we started to chat about old times. My friend on there said he had a steam account too, but i looked him up and he hasnt been on in over 200 days..
    607 likes this.
  4. We all have skeletons in our closets mate, you're not alone.

You could say that I'm "running away" from my past too. Albeit, likewise with you, my past is nothing I'm proud of either. Though, I will say that since I departed from it, my life has been running much better.

I'm glad to see your life is doing better as well. :)
    ChespinLover77 and Otus_NigRum like this.
  5. I am currently searching through the Web Archive, as I realised that now that I found my diary, I might be able to find one of my posts from my first forum on the internet... some posts from my second forum have been archived, but not too much. Both are Dutch forums, and as such didn't get too much traffic, I suppose.
    Otus_NigRum likes this.
  6. Nope, nothing. Well... almost nothing. There is a saved webpage which shows that in quite some recent topics the latest post was by me. However, no posts (not even by other people) seem to have been saved, nor my user profile. That's unfortunate.
    http://web.archive.org/web/20080731100311/http://community.avro.nl:80/forums/126.aspx
    (scroll down and then scroll down some more, and then you'll find the list of recent topics, where apparently even then over half of them was last posted in by me. :D)
    haastregt likes this.
  7. I dont know dutch, but cool! I tried looking for my old friends again, but a lot of them have 0 activity after 2016, still cant find their social media, its very unlikely they kept the same name
    607 likes this.
  8. You can see that half of the names are '607' though, right? :p
    It's kind of cool, this is proof that I've used this name online for over 10 years. :cool:
  9. I don't need to look up my past issues, because I know it's stagnant, it's the same as it was when I looked at it on archives a few years ago:

On Youtube, only a couple points in the past 8 years were documented, on other websites, more... Fortunately, it wasn't a "complete backup" and it did not gather all of the pictures/posts I made on my profile(s) and/or other pages...
    FadedMartian likes this.
  10. I actually went so far to contact the company that now hold the rights to that forum... they confirmed that there are no archives for this sort of things. So everything's confirmed to be gone! Oh well. (Unless someone somewhere has got screenshots or personal copies, but that's very unlikely, as we were all kids back then. :p)
    Otus_NigRum and TomvanWijnen like this.
  11. What a small world huh? I was able to do that with one of the forums I was on over a year ago, but like you, it was a minor website, a very small lesser-known one. Youtube on the other hand...
    Otus_NigRum likes this.
  12. Is that forum still up and running? It seems pretty dead considering you got in contact so easily
  13. If they are minecraft names you are looking for, maybe try namemc.com and stick in their old name, might show you the new one.
  14. No, the forum has been dead for years. The company is a big Dutch television company, so that's why I got into contact easily, they've got good customer service. :)

The other forum I was at was hosted by an individual, I've found him on Facebook but he's never responded. Some of my posts have been archived, though, for example when I posted something along the lines of "How long are you allowed to gameboy?? I'm allowed to gameboy a half hour but sometimes I secretly gameboy for 3 quarters of an hour!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  15. Borin'Gran'Pa Bid Said...
    you know, nothing is ever lost, if it was, it is. Maybe not on some database in the Internet, but in you, and in the flow of time. And life is a long long succession of joinings and partings, so my advice is to get in peace with the later, forget the 'what is to be' and appreciate the 'now', and the 'what was' in the 'now'.
    Rejoice you had so much fun and so many friends, and thank their memory for having been there with you :)
    Otus_NigRum and 607 like this.
  16. I agree with that, as the same time I disagree.

I would love to make amends to those I had a rough time with in the past, but some of them have already proven to have malicious intentions towards me. Now since we live in an age where it's easy to swat someone or dox them, it's not something I'm willing to risk my life/safety on...
  17. Huh, I thought I had commented. I like your post, but what do you mean by "forget the 'what is to be'"?
  18. I like how people are reacting to this like it's a huge regret and dent in my life. It's not really, just fun looking back at old times
    IsaacNorman likes this.
  19. @Otus : Good! :)

@607 : maybe 'do not let fear of the future weight too much on you shoulders' ?

@Isaac : true, some wrongs we've done or that has been done to us are heavier to carry. And I too would like to meet again quite a long list of people and apologize to them, and a much shorter list of people and hear them apologize to me. If I ever have the chance, I will.
    607 likes this.
  20. I would love to do the same thing too my man, unfortunately, the risks are just to great in modern times where it would make it quite "dangerous" to do so. I do not know these people in reality and I do not know what they are capable of, but with my experiences with them, while biased, shows that I would not feel safe pursuing that. --- I'm not willing to risk my own safety in my personal life in reality for these people.
    607 likes this.